MEET MY BROTHER

INFINITE Relationships
 
 
He woke up to a blinding light that hit his face. It’s a sign that morning has arrived. He slightly curse for he forgot to close the veranda when he smoked there before going to sleep. He can’t sleep again so he just decided to walked out of his room and headed downstairs. He was welcomed with an aroma that filled the living room, into which he immediately lounge over the sofa. The smell was coming from the kitchen, just a barrier between and he can instantly see who’s the culprit.
 
“ What time did you arrive last night ? ” asked Sungkyu, as he placed down the breakfast he made.
 
“ I got in by 2am ” Myungsoo answered while he settles himself on the dining table.
 
“ Hmm, so you only had 5 hours of sleep. What made you wake up now ? ”
 
“ Sunlight. ”
 
“ Eat now. I’ll just take my bath. If you have plans of going to school then just leave the dishes there and I’ll do it myself.”
 
‘Why do you have to be so nice?’ Myungsoo thought. They got used to that kind of relationship. Even when they were little, he can’t remember being so close to his older brother. Yes, they talk but not much. And no matter what Myungsoo does, it seems like Sungkyu just let him be. Sometimes he thinks Sungkyu don’t just bother or care at all. He’s not mad or anything, to be honest he likes it that way. Where in they both have matters to take care of on their own, knowing his brother is the serious diligent type.
 
Sungkyu is busy with a car company business handed down to him by his parents. Although shipping enterprises and landmark formations are what his parents are grooming, he had been given this car business. At the age of of 22, he had graduated Bachelor of Science in Business Administration majoring in Business Management. For the time being, he’s also into his masteral degree of Financial Management. Although the car business isn’t what he had in mind, he just accepted it as an experience and responsibility. Besides he can’t retaliate. This is only a small ‘thank you’ to their parents for what they had done and nurtured them.
 
As for Myungsoo, the kid had turned 18 earlier this year, meaning it’s of legal age. Therefore, it gives him more access to what he can do now. He goes to clubs at nights and bar hoppings by dawn. He drinks, smokes but one thing he limits himself is to share a night with someone. Even though he’s itching, he had a strong will to fight over it. More to that he’s not attracted to anyone yet. He simply doesn’t want things to go wrong. How wrong? Isn’t going out late at night and coming home by morning already wrong? Wrong. Wrong for him means a girl he just met came knocking on his door asking for paternal responsibilities.
 
He finished breakfast but decided to clean his dishes. People should not judge him hastily. He is actually trying to be the nicest brother, he tries to avoid being the jerk in town. But at some point, he just wanted to have fun for a while. It’s not that he’s alone when he goes to club. He’s actually with his friends. As he had finished doing his work, Sungkyu came out of the bathroom fully-dressed already, with the typical business suit and tie. But what made him more good-looking is the smile that he is wearing. Myungsoo felt flustered as he felt his cheeks kind of red from being shy.
 
“ Shall I drive you to school? ” Sungkyu asked to which Myungsoo nodded only as a ‘yes’.
 
“Okay then, I’ll have my food while you’re on the shower this time.” Myungsoo only smiled back when his older brother just ruffled his hair.

 

 

 
Emptiness. There’s nothing anymore.
 
Woohyun can’t feel anything as he stares into the photo on his hands. It was taken months ago, where a family reunion were held. He exhaled a sigh again, looking closely to it. His older twin brother looked so happy and innocent as his arms were wrapped around his shoulders. Just then, consecutive knocks can be heard outside his bedroom door.
 
“ My WooWoo Woohyunnie! Breakfast is ready ”
 
He slowly got up off his bed, put down the photo frame on his lamp table and mustered a smile before opening the door. And right there, he saw Dongwoo with a bright smile compared to the fake one he has now.
 
“ Are you okay ? ” asked the older.
 
‘No hyung.’
“ Yes of course. A little sleepy only. You know how I went home right in middle of the dawn hehe. ” he assured his hyung, afraid he might worry him.
 
Though they are twins, Dongwoo’s older and even if he doesn’t want to be called hyung by his twin, Woohyun said to keep it that way.
 
“ Well good thing Dad didn’t find out about you seeking in and out of the house ” Dongwoo said as he pulled Woohyun outside the room.
 
“ He knows nothing at all. ” Woohyun exclaimed with a straight face which made him earn a curious look from Dongwoo. But before the older could ask, Woohyun chuckled “ Come on hyung, you said breakfast’s ready ” and literally drag him down to the dining room.
 
So much food for breakfast had been served. Woohyun smirked a look saying ‘It’s uncanny that the food pyramid is complete unlike my heart that is now being emptied by some pathetic stupid actions made by the man they call my father’.
 
As they were about to finish, Dongwoo suddenly asked their mother about why and how come he can’t go to the same university Woohyun is in.
 
“ Honey, are you really pushing for this? You’re already a señior student and to think it’s the final year, so why transfer? ” their mom answered him.
 
“ It’s been only two weeks since classes had started. My grades are good enough to be credited and there’s an Engineering course at Woohyun-ie’s too. I have my own allowances saved though we’re well-off but I’m not going to ask any from you so why can’t – ”
 
“ Enough! ” this made Woohyun’s heart scared for Dongwoo when their father exclaimed and left the table.
 
“ So . . . why , why can’t I? ” Dongwoo said as he tries to finish his protest, head bent down and just poking his food.
 
Woohyun saw their mother who only chose to stand up and leave as well.
 
“ Think of this hyung, ” he started and Dongwoo looked at him. “ if a group of chunks is to bully me, they will find you since you’re my beloved twin brother and it would be easy for them to use you especially if now we are to be in the same university.”
 
“ But then how am I supposed to protect you if we’re miles away? ” Dongwoo asked, starting to sound desperately furious.
 
‘No hyung. You don’t have to feel the need of protecting me. I’m the one who should protect you’.
 
“ LOL. No one bullies me in my place, that I can assure you of. Despite being famous, I’m kind-hearted, especially to girls and since my university is flooded by girls, I get no hate brother. Come on now, we’ll be both late.” Woohyun stood up but his tracks were put onto halt when he heard another question from Dongwoo ,
 
“ But can I send you to school ? ”
 
Woohyun’s back is facing Dongwoo. And he was glad the older can’t see how he’s been holding his tears all throughout their conversations. He bit his lip, put on his best fake smile and turned to Dongwoo,
 
“ Aish. Hyung. You know you can’t. I always go to school with my friend. Remember Sungyeol, the tall creature who is half-human, one fourth giraffe, one fourth owl? ” And he was glad that Dongwoo laughed about it.
 
“ Okay okay my Woohyun-nie! You get going now. I’ll apologize to mom and dad first. See you later ” he hugged him and instantly escaped his way to the master’s bedroom.
 
‘Why are you going to apologize for something you did not do? What are you going to apologize for? For being born this way?’ Woohyun can’t keep it in. He hurriedly walked out of their house – he can’t call it a home; while wiping his tears.

 

 

 
“ Maybe he’s been busted by his parents. ”
 
“ He just woke up late. ”
 
“ Maybe something bad happened to his way here.”
 
“ His car’s might be tire-flat.”
 
“ Or maybe he decided to drop all his subjects and just transfer abroad ”
 
“ Su – ”
 
“ and the reason as to why he didn’t tell us is because he’s scared his parents might interrogate us ”
 
“ Sung – ”
 
“ and it’s all my fault for inviting you two party, what if – ”
 
“ THE HECK SUNGYEOL ! Why you gotta be so – ”
 
“ Ruuude~~ ” Sungyeol sing-song
 
“ No! I meant negative, you idiot.”
 
“ You’re the one who’s the idiot. Ahmm wait no, I take it back. I’m an idiot yes. But you, Myungsoo, you’re a fool.”
 
“ Then what does it make Woohyun then? ”
 
“ What about me? ” they looked at the man, Woohyun just entered their classroom.
 
“ Where were you? What happened? I was waiting for you outside your house. I got worried what might be happening inside so I rang the door bell but no maids answered. I was planning to go on my own but I heard the gates opened only to be greeted by a happy-go-lucky fellow. And when I asked about you he said in a bubbly voice Oh you must be Sungyeollie; the tall creature who is half-human, one fourth giraffe, one fourth owl. Woohyunnie left a while ago saying he’ll be walking with you’. And when I saw his face getting worried, I just said ‘No it’s okay now, thank you’ and run away.” Sungyeol said, faster than Eminem rapping.
 
Both he and Myungsoo looked up to Woohyun to find the answer, which Woohyun replied, “ Oh, haha. I went to a nearby café first. Here I brought some breads for you.” and he handed the two their food.
 
“ Well, Sungyeol’s on freak mode about how you were late.” Myungsoo said, enjoying his cinnamon bread.
 
“ Of course I would. Anyway, who was that guy Woohyun-ssi? ”
 
“ Ah, him. Well . . . he’s my cousin. Jang Dong Woo. Yes, cousin. ”
 
“ Jang . . . Jang? From your mother’s side? ” Myungsoo asked while he threw the wrapper onto Sungyeol’s face. Woohyun only nodded.
 
“ I’m not a garbage bin you beyotch ! ” Sungyeol scoffed at him.
 
“ Well you look like a trash. ” Myungsoo replied and Woohyun added “ unlike your sister who’s better looking ”.
 
“ Shut up cockroaches! And Woohyun seriously, sister? Are you trying to hit on him? ”
 
The three only laughed, clearly knowing who they were pertaining to.
 
It’s Sungjong, sophomore student majoring in Tourism. He’s the younger brother of Sungyeol. Though Sungyeol held no grudge to his brother, he just told him that whenever they are outside, they should act as if they don’t know each other. For no reasons told, he doesn’t know why. It’s like getting your personal problems off of your work.
 
Sungyeol is taking Architectural courses along with Woohyun and Myungsoo. But unlike to the two, he’s not from a well-off family. He got in to this university because of Woohyun and Myungsoo who shared the amount of paying for his tuition fees, thanks to their friendship since highschool and have been doing it for three years now. And although Woohyun wanted to pay for Sungjong’s as well, the younger boy refused.
 
Sungjong tried out different universities in which he can get a full scholarship to. He knew that Medicine is an expensive case of bachelor degree, but this has been his dream since he was a child. Luckily though, he was accepted to Woo Lim University. Though it’s the same with what his brother goes to, he is still grateful and won’t waste the opportunity.
 
He is not that close yet at the same time not awkward with Sungyeol. His brother is like the ‘ I’m not going to talk to you unless you talk to me first ’ type. And so Sungjong don’t give a damn about it. He was walking his way to the library when he heard voices speak about him ;
 
“B*tch”
“How come he rejected Woohyun oppa?”
“Maybe he prefers Myungsoo or worse he has this crush on Sungyeol?”
“Is he even gay? He seems not like it”
“He’s a biual. Remember he dated the cheerleader who graduated from last year?”
“Yikes. A noona killer. A freshman and a senior?”
“Who cares, he’s cute and pretty”
“Well I think he’s fine and not that bad.”
 
Say what you. Do what you want. I’m not here to impress anyone. I’m here to impress myself’ he sashayed his way to the library, not even affected.
 
 
 
 
 
“ Good morning Sir, coffee’s here. And the new intern is waiting outside. Would you do the interview or shall I assign another? ” she said while placing down the coffee he asked for.
 
“ No, it’s okay. I want to personally do it this time, so I won’t experience unwanted situations again. Send the applicant in. ”
 
“ Yes, sir. ” His secretary went out and after a while she got back with someone behind her.
 
‘This one looks so fine’ he thought and he knew right then he won’t make a mistake choosing this person.