Accident

Perfect Stranger

I slammed on my brake when I felt a jolt. My head hit the steering and that blew the horn. It was a loud blow. My mind was away. Then a tap came by my window.

I rolled down my window and came face to face with an angry face.

"Ya! Can't you be more careful!" he yelled.

I came back from my reverie. "Excuse me?" I looked up with a furrowed brows.

"You've just hit my car." his tone was still mad and pointed at my bumper.

I shifted to park and got out of the car. My hands flew to my mouth when I saw the damage. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry. I must have been lost for a while. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. You should be more careful....." his mouth went ajar. "Miss?!"

"I sincerely apologized." I reached for my purse and dug my business card. "damn! where's that business cards my boss just handed me this morning," I rummaged through my purse. "Lee Shin. If there's anything I could be help off," I  handed my business card. I heard sirens and saw horror in his face. That's the last thing I knew. The next thing, I was lying in a hospital bed.

"What am I doing here?" I wondered. I got up with my right hand supporting my whole body. That's when I realized that I have a bandage and I am wearing hospital gown. "what the hell happened?" I knew I was driving and I think I hit the car infront of me. The driver was yelling at me and I handed him my card. Oh shoot!The car! It's my brother's precious car. Oh my God! He's going to kill me! It's his baby. He rarely drove that car. I begged to use it in the morning because I was running late. darn! I got up and putting my shoes when the devil himself appeared at the door. "oppa," my voice trembled.

"How are you feeling?" he asked instead. His voice was full of worries.

"I'm sorry. I was excited and was out of my.."

"shhh. It's ok. You think you can go home?"

I bumped his precious baby and he's not yelling at me? That's not so him. Oh, right! We're at the hospital. I am so dead when we get home. I nodded. I'll be scolded sooner or later. I just have to prepare myself.

My brother took care of the papers and we were out of the hospital in less than 15 minutes. The ride back home was quiet. I know he's mad and I know better to just keep quiet. My mom was fussing and hugged me right away when I got into the door.

"Oh honey. Are you okay?" mom asked as she inspected my bandaged arm.

Right. I didn't even asked the doctor what's with my arm. "oppa, uhm..." I pointed my right arm. As I sat down in the couch.

My brother grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. "We'll talk about this when you're rested." my brother sat down beside me and gently pulled my head to her chest.

"My baby," Mom handed me  cup od tea.

"Thanks mom. I just came back and I'm giving problems right away," I sobbed.

"Honey, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Oh.. how's dad? Oh God! I forgot... Does he know?" I suddenly remembered my father. He probably broke down.

"He's upstairs resting."

Just then the door flung open. "Noonaa!!!!" Tae Min  was on his knees infront of me.

Yep. Lee Tae Min of Shinee is my little brother.

"Noonaa," he was on tears.

"I'm fine Min Min. I'm still alive." I wiped his tears. I knew he was worried. My two brothers were over protective to me. Tae Min who was younger than me would always act as the older one. Everytime they have tour  in the US he never failed to drop by.

"How did you know?" oppa asked Min Min.

"I recognized your car. I thought it was you. I was calling you non stop but you weren't answering so I called mom,"

"Aren't you supposed to be in Japan preparing for the concert?" Tae Min came home when I arrived and told me that the group are off to Japan for the preparation of their concert.

"We were leaving the dorm when Min Ho hyung showed us the news. I told our manager I am following them tomorrow," Tae Min explained.

"Min Min, you..."

Jun Ha oppa interrupted me. "baby girl, I think you have to give up that job until we clear this incident,"

I looked at him. "huh?"

"We are investigating this incident. You might be the real target. We don't know yet," My brother started.

"You were grazed by bullet. The driver next lane died on the spot."

"Whaat?" I pushed my brother and stared at him.

"That's why I was scared to death," Mom said.

 "Really hyung?" Tae Min's eyes widened. "So it's real?"

My mouth hung open. So that's it. That's how I passed out and acquired the bandage in my arm. I'm always scared of blood. Oh my gosh! I suddenly became worried. "Is in the news? Oh... Min, is my face in the news? Oh my gosh! dad! I'm sorry oppa," I started to cry again.

"We blocked the press. It was a good thing the police was there first and saw my name in your contact list. As what I've said earlier. You have to give up the job and leave korea for now,"

"But I just arrived.. I.."

"Lee Shin, you're going to Japan for a while and that's final," my brother's tone was firm. He's the sweetest older brother on earth but I dare not to break it. I can break dad's word but not my brother. It happened once when I stubbornly stayed in my room after he didn't allowed me to join a field trip to Europe. He came to my room and ordered me to go out for dinner but I stayed in my room. The next thing I know, my allowance was cut. I was forced to take the subway and eat at food stalls. Both my parents can't do anything. My brother was stubborn to teach us his siblings to be independent. Tae Min who was bare on his teens that time pitifully sneaked out some of his allowance to me. When Jun Ha oppa found it out, he lessened  Tae Min's allowance. I had to begged him for forgiveness. He gave up after 2 months. By then I learned to like my lifestyle. Subways and street foods. and my little part time job at a coffee shop which Jun Ha oppa didn't mind at all.

"Ok. I'll go with Min Min tomorrow," I suggested.

"Wait till you get better," Mom interrupted.

"I'm fine mom. The sooner the better. " I said softly to soothe mom.

"My baby. We haven't had time together and you're going away again," Mom was on the verge of crying.

"You can always come and visit me," I held mom's hands.

"Alright. Alright. I'll go pack your stuffs. You go up and talk to your dad."

"I'll see you guys later," I said to my brothers as mom and I went upstairs.