When Someone Assumes

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

While walking along the street, you asked Dongwoo. “Where are we off to, oppa?”

“Well, I actually need your help today.” He replied while his gaze keeps shifting from left to right, and right to left.

“What kind of help is it?” You wonder why what he is looking for.

No response.

“Aren’t we supposed to walk hand in hand if we’re on a date?”Your thoughts said, as if you can really voice it out.

“There!” He said pointing a jewelry store nearby.

“Wait. What? No way! Is he going to buy me a bracelet? A necklace? Or a ring perhaps? Omona!” You stopped from walking, probably thinking about your assumptions.

“Is he going to confess to me now?”

*-------------------------------------*

Dongwoo stared at you with wrinkled face. “Why are you just standing there? Stop spacing out in the middle of the street.” He squeezed your cheeks.

“Huh? What?” You frowned.

Before you can say anything further, he took your hand and after few walks, you arrived at the jewelry store.

Dongwoo called you and told you to take a look at the row of necklaces in the glass showcase.

“I prefer a ring, but anyway, a necklace will still do.”

You remembered that Woohyun bought your friend a couple ring at the same jewelry store.

“Yah.” Dongwoo whispered at your ear. “I’m asking you something but you are not responding.”

“Oh, mianhae. What is it oppa?”

“Do you think this one is pretty?” He showed you a shining gold necklace with a heart-shaped pendant. The diamond in the center of the pendant is glowing.

You just gave him a smile as a reply. “I like it, actually.”

“It’s so pretty, sir. I think that would look great with your girlfriend.” The clerk said referring to you.

You heard your mind wants to protest, but instead you just shyly looked away.

“Oh, that’s..” Dongwoo was about to say something but didn’t bothered to continue.

He paid the clerk and you both left after that.

*-------------------------------------*

Dongwoo took you to a fancy restaurant afterwards. He ordered a lot of delicious dishes but that doesn’t seem to matter at all to you. You can’t recognize them all, but what’s more important is you are with him.

“You should eat more. You’re getting skinny I have noticed.” Dongwoo said. He's placing food on your plate as if you were a kid.

You want to say something but nothing came out from you. You just kept on staring at his gesture. “Is he teasing me? Hinting me something or what?”

“Here eat these, okay?” He said as he made the meat on your place into small slices.

“Oppa, you don’t have to do this. I can do it.” You shyly reply and started taking a bite.

He just gave you a look and smiled.

“I knew it. He’s going to confess right after we eat. This is what happens in a movie.”

Having that thought, you happily ate everything he put on your plate until you were both full.

A couple of minutes, your plate is now empty. Yet, he didn’t mention any thing about confession at all.

*-------------------------------------*

It’s now getting dark and you two were both endlessly walking at the park. He suddenly sat on the bench and invited you to sit beside him.

“Omo, this must be it!”

He took out the velvet box and raised it up in the air, as if inspecting it.

“Do you think Min-noona will like this?”

Your jaws dropped upon the question. You felt like everything fell right in front of you.

 

--------------------------------------------

*Please be kind to meee :D