Saengil Chukha Hamnida, Jang Dongwoo!

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

You were happily wrapping a gift for Dongwoo that time. While you’re on that, you recalled the time when you were buying things few days ago at the COEX Mall with him. You took the opportunity while he’s not watching and looked for something to give on his 21th birthday.

“A nice gift covered in silver and blue. I hope you’ll like it, oppa.” You beamed.

Truth is, you had a hard time choosing a gift that would make him feel special. You even think of giving him a watch, t-shift or stuff like that, but you find it kind of too ordinary. Then, when you passed by at a gift shop, you found something that really caught your attention.

“Saengil chukha hamnida, Jang Dongwoo-oppa.”You whispered while a hint of twinkle in your eyes.

*-------------------------------------*

Dongwoo is celebrating his birthday for the first time at their new dorm. He personally chose his birthday to be held there since it has a lot of meaning, not only to him, but all of the Infinite members.

All of the Infinite members were currently helping each other that day. Woohyun, Hoya and Sungjong do the cooking while the rest of the members do the cleaning and decorating. They didn’t let the birthday celebrant lay his hand on any of the chores. They told him to stay at the couch and relax because it his day.

Dongwoo felt so lucky to have his friends doing all sort of things for him on this day. He was lying comfortably at the sofa, while switching channel on the remote control. He made himself busy with watching TV.

A knock on the door was heard. Woohyun was about to walk towards the door to check it but Dongwoo volunteered.

To his surprise, he saw you standing there with Jaekyung, carrying gifts on hands.

“Happy birthday, oppa.” You and Jaekyung said altogether.

Dongwoo didn’t seem to hear it. He was just somewhat stunned there and felt flustered upon seeing you.

“Oppa?” You asked curiously.

Jaekyung, let a silent chuckle that nobody noticed.

Dongwoo was turned back to his senses by s’ greetings for their visitors. After letting you two inside, the boys started coming back to their chores.

*-------------------------------------*

“Happy birthday Dongwoo-oppa.” You said with a smile.

Jaekyung gave her gift to him, too.

“Thanks, Jaekyung-yah and.. Yuri-yah..” He was almost lost for words.

Dongwoo didn’t know why he’s seeing you in a different light today. Upon receiving the gifts, he asked if he can open the gifts now which you and your friend nodded.

Soon Jaekyung’s gift for him finally unwrapped and it revealed an English-Korean dictionary. He immediately thanked her.

After that, he turned his attention at your gift. Few seconds has passed and he felt lost for words when he saw a male chibi Kenyan doll with rounded eyes wearing a suit similar to their ‘She’s Back’ promotion days.

“Whoa..” He uttered. “Thank you.”

Even Jaekyung beside you was surprised to see your gift to him. For a moment, that gift you gave to him caught everyone’s attention.

“I felt jealous, hyung.” Sungyeol mumbled.

“Looks like you, hyung!”

Sunggyu chuckled at Myungsoo’s comment. “For sure.”

Sungjong and Woohyun pouted also gave that envious look which Jaekyung gave him a grin.

“Where is Sun Hee-yah?” You asked Sungjong.

“She’ll come by here later.” He replied with a smile upon hearing his girlfriend’s name.

“Where did you get that?” Hoya asked in curiosity.

You simply replied with ‘somewhere’.

The doll you gave him was actually wearing a native African suit at first, and you think it’s awkward so you went to a tailoring shop the next day to get the doll a new dress. You showed the tailor a picture of Dongwoo in his suit. The tailor only made you wait for a couple of hours and it’s done.

*-------------------------------------*

“Aigoo!” A whine from someone at the kitchen was heard.

All of you rushed into the kitchen and saw Hoya and Sungjong surrounding Woohyun.

“Hyung spilled some cooking oil on his arm.” Sungjong explained when Sunggyu asked them what happened.

Jaekyung immediately walked towards him and soon and held him at the sala. She began treating his burn with an ointment that Dongwoo gave to her.

You saw some of the food at the kitchen still uncooked.

You volunteered yourself to continue the cooking. You didn’t noticed that Hoya and Sungjong left when they saw someone made an entrance into the kitchen.

“Hmm.. Looks delicious.” A voice behind you said.

You were shocked upon feeling his breath just right your earlobe.

“Oppa, why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be resting there?” You said, pointing to the couch at the sala. You could see Woohyun and Jaekyung there while the latter is still treating your cousin’s arms.

Sunggyu and Myungsoo left to buy additional things for decoration while Sungyeol excused himself upon receiving a call. It was their manager-hyung, saying he’ll be late because he ran into an emergency.

“Do you need help?” He asked never leaving behind you.

“But Hoya-oppa and Sungjong-yah are--” You looked around to see them but they weren’t there anymore. You didn’t notice that upon looking towards at him, his face was so close to yours. Your eyes met and it felt like time came to a stop. No one dared to say a word, only your eyes spoke for themselves.

*-------------------------------------*

Without leaving his attention to you, Dongwoo took you to the corner of the kitchen where nobody could see both of you. He grabbed the ladle from your hand and put in on the sink.

“Oppa?”  You faintly asked.

He was looking at you tenderly. “Will you get mad at me if.. If I kiss you?”

His pleading eyes caught you and found yourself saying, ‘no’.

And, that was the time Dongwoo enclosed you with his arm and another arm at the back of your head. He pulled you closer and took one last look and finally gave you a gentle kiss at first, feeling the softness of your lips.

You were so stunned that you could barely make a move. Then, his lips started teasing you that made you slowly kissing him back. 

 

--------------------------------------------

*And yes, this chapter is dedicated to Jang Dongwoo's 21st birthday today, and to all of the Inspirits out there. (^.^)