Ice Cream Baby

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

“Hyung!” Woohyun called him while waving his hand in the air.

Dongwoo smiled and approached to your table. When he reached there, he hesitantly looked at all of you.

“Annyeong Dongwoo-sunbae!” Kwangmin greeted upon recognizing his senior and he stood up.

Dongwoo acknowledged him right away as the member of the new group, Boyfriend.

Everyone in the group looked at Kwangmin with a question.

“I almost forgot that I have to meet with my brother. So I need to go now.” He explained. “You may have my seat, sunbae.” He said as he turned towards Dongwoo.

 The latter thanked and beamed at him.

“Is that so?” You asked him.

“Yes. See you around.” He said as he waves goodbye and soon he was out of sight.

With Kwangmin vacating the seat, Dongwoo liberally took it.

*-------------------------------------*

“Whoa, ice cream baby is here!” Dongwoo exclaimed then ruffled your hair.

“Ice cream baby?” Woohyun and Jaekyung asked together.

“Yah, stop it!” You scowled at him.

Dongwoo answered it with a laugh. “Is this always you had during lunch break?” He pointed at a bowl of veggie salad.

Funny thing is, your stomach cannot seem to digest them all at once.

“Yes, what’s wrong with it oppa?” You said as you continue eating lazily.

When he looked at Jaekyung’s meal, he stared at the two bowls in her front. The other one is already empty. There’s bit of noodles left in it.

Woohyun got the hint and gestures at Jaekyung saying she ate them all.

Dongwoo grinned at you and your friend. “You and Jaekyung-yah are friends, yet, you have different appetite, huh?” Dongwoo said to you afterwards. “That’s why you never grow up, aish.”

“Well, that’s the statement coming from the shortest among the members of Infinite.” You followed it with laughter. Woohyun and Jaekyung are trying to hold back their giggle.

Dongwoo was dumbfounded.

*-------------------------------------*

“Anyway, hyung, what brought you here?” Woohyun interrupted. “I thought you are with manager-hyung and the others?”

“Well, I was. I told them I want to go and look around at my alma mater.” He replied as he gazes inside the cafeteria and outside the window.

“You studied here, oppa?” That sentence of him surprised you.

“Uh-huh.”

“Oh yes, I remember you told us that long time ago, hyung.” Woohyun said. Jaekyung was silently eating beside him with one hand. Her other hand was still with your cousin’s.

“Aish, these two are really..” You silently frowned at the thought.

Dongwoo explained that their manager went to a lunch meeting to see a certain person and the other members went with him.

“They left us?” Woohyun said in surprise.

Dongwoo shook his shoulders. “They said they’ll come back an hour before our performance later.”

“Oh, okay.” He thinks for a moment then said, “Shall we go somewhere else?”

“Later, Woohyun-yah. Let’s tour around the school first. I want to see the changes here since I graduated.” He looked at all of you asking for an approval. “What do you think?”

“You really miss this school, oppa, huh?” You asked.

He beamed.

And once again, he just simply smiled but that made you feel like smiling, too.

“I’m up for it. But you promise that we’ll tour outside this school, okay?” Woohyun said. He looked at his watch. “It’s just past 12 noon. We still have much time.”

“Sure thing.” His hyung replied.

Woohyun helped Jaekyung to stand up.

“What are you still doing there, ice cream baby?” Dongwoo teased you when he saw you spacing out.

“Aish, give me break!” You gave him a deadly glare.

Woohyun and Jaekyung giggled at the both of you.

Jaekyung’s forehead furrowed as she noticed something with you and the second eldest of Infinite. She smiled at her observation.

 

------------------------------

*Dongwoo calls her 'ice cream baby' because he remembers the time when they went to an ice cream parlor in the previous chapter. :]