Feelings Still Lingers

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

“So what do you think?” Dongwoo repeated his question.

It took few seconds before you find yourself talking. “I.. I think so.” You said as you tried not to let out a crack voice.

“Why so silent?” He asked. Wondering what's going on your mind

“Oh, nothing. Err, maybe because of the food. Yes, I’m still stuff that’s why I can’t talk that much, oppa.” You said as an alibi.

“What the hell are you talking about, liar!” Yeah, that’s your alter-ego yelling at you.

“Okay then.” His smile almost reaches up to his ear.

He took out a lip balm in his pocket and played it in his palm.

“What’s that oppa?” You asked, trying to cover up your awkward mood.

“This was given to me by Min-noona during our trainee days..” He spoke in in deep tone.

That statement of him caught your interest despite the fact that you’re still felt upset.

You tenderly looked at him which gave him the sign that you’re willing to listen to his story.

*-------------------------------------*

“One day, I confessed to her that I liked her but she said that she can’t like someone younger than her.” He looked at you and smiled faintly. “In my anger, I threw this away but I find myself picking it up later on. Somehow, there’s this inside of me wanting and wishing that someday the feelings will be mutual.”

Dongwoo took a deep sigh. You could feel he’s being emotional. And, there’s no difference in between the two of you now.

“I still have feeling for her, I guess.” Then he stared at the velvet box again. “This will be my birthday gift to her.”

“Min-unnie’s birthday is today?” Finally, you said something.

“Uh-huh. I would like to thank you for helping me out today.”

“It’s nothing that much, oppa.”

You don’t know what makes you upset that moment. Was it because of you knowing that he still likes Min or was it that you were upset for him because Min doesn’t like him back?

You know you should be happy knowing that Min, like he was saying that she doesn’t have the same feelings for him. But why can’t you be happy knowing that he was in hurt.

 “Don’t push it to her too much, oppa. If she’s going to like you, she will. Besides, you are a nice man. It’s not that very impossible for her to like you.”

“Nice advice you got there, ha-ha!”

“Yeah, but I’ve already given up to that fact. I’ve already heard her say that.” He smiled bitterly. “But I really want to thank you for listening.”

“No problem, oppa.” You faked a smile.

“I’m lucky to have you as a friend. Now, I was thinking to treat you better from now on as my little sister.” He smiled sincerely.

“Friend? Little sister? That’s better than nothing at all, right? At least I get to see and talk to him.

“Martyr!” Your alter-ego interrupts again.

*-------------------------------------*

“What about you? Do you have someone you like?” He asked trying to change the ease the low mood in him.

“I don’t know.”

Now, you remembered that you told the same answer to Jaekyung the time at the court. “I don’t know.”

“You don’t know or you do have someone else already?”

“Are you trying to taunt me? Do you want to die now?”

“Let’s put it this way. If you ever find a man for you, you must introduce him to me and to your other oppas, so that we can make sure he won’t make you cry, okay? We’ll beat him up if he does.” He said then kiddingly showed his muscled arms to you.

“Okay.” You wearily answered.

Dongwoo stood up. “Shall we go?”

“Home?”

“Nope, not yet. Tonight’s Min’s birthday party. We’re going there.” He explained.

Before you could protest, he already grabbed your hand and found yourself just going with the flow.

“Why do I feel that I just got myself into trouble?” You asked to yourself.

And yes, you just got a reply. “Dear, you’re already in trouble!”

 

---------------------------------------------

* OK, another one in a row. :]

I feel like I'm torturing the female protagonist, lol :D

Now I just got myself a cold, but I''ll try to add another update later. :]