Who Is He?

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

Another dull class today.

With much boredom, you made your eyes wander outside the window. You saw some students having a conversation outside from the school ground. There were others who are walking back and forth, too. As you keep looking outside, you saw another student who was tip-toing along the hallway of the classroom. You curiously observed him.

“He seems familiar to me.” You mumbled while playing your pen with your hand. “What is he doing?”

You saw that the boy was hiding outside the wall of the classroom and sometimes, he would peek inside when the teacher are not looking at his direction.

“He must be late then.” You keep talking to yourself.

You saw him trying to come inside but he was caught by the teacher and drags him to get out.

“Being busy with those damn schedules of yours aside from classes doesn’t mean you have to slack off from schooling. I don’t give a damn if you’re group has too many schedules, performances or whatever.” You heard the teacher said to him.

The boy just rubbed his nape with an uncertain smile.

You also observed that some girls were swooning around him. Even the students inside the classroom are screaming.

I think I saw him before.”

“Songsaengnim, the truth is I ran into an emergency that’s why I was late just today. I’m sorry.” The boy replied. “Can you just let me in?”

“You ARE always late, I remind you that. The class will end any minute from now, so why insist on getting in to my class?” The teacher raised an eyebrow to him.

You let a silent giggled.

*-------------------------------------*

“KANG YURI!”

That loud voice made you back to reality.

When you looked up, it was your terror math teacher, Ms. Cho.

“Annyeong songsaengnim.” You even raised a hand to made a slight wave at her and flashed a smile.

When you looked beside you, Jaekyung whispered at you. “I was calling you earlier. You don’t seem to notice me.”

“Sorry, I was spacing out. I just find something interesting outside.” You giggled.

“Oh, where? What is it--” She was about to asked you when the teacher interrupted both of you.

“Yah! And you two dare talk like I'm not here?!”

“Anio, it’s not like that, songsaengnim..” You replied.

“Okay. I’ll be considerate to the two of you.” The teacher toned down her voice a bit.

You two gave her a wide smile but immediately vanished when you saw what she’s pointing at. “If any of you can solve that problem, I’ll let this one slide.”

“No way!” You and Jaekyung looked at each other.

“Is she kidding?”You hopelessly stared at many numbers drawn on the board.

“Sheeesh! They’re maybe quite popular but they are really babo.”

When you looked at where the voice came from, you could see Yeonmi and the other girls giving you a devil grin.

“Quiet!” The teacher said to them. They stopped talking but not laughing.

You gave them a sharp glare but you don’t want any trouble. You saw Jaekyung holding her temper so you gave her a pat on her back to calm her down.

 “You two get out of my class, now!” Ms. Cho continued.

“Eh?!” You and your friend said in one tone.

“I said out!”

You can’t do anything but quietly leave the room.

*-------------------------------------*

“Okay, now where are we off to?” You asked.

“Hmm.. To cafeteria. Let’s eat something there.” Jaekyung told you as if nothing had happened.

“That’s what I like about you, friend.” You chuckled.

She giggled.

It’s almost lunch break and you found the cafeteria almost full. Good thing that there’s still an available seats at the corner, a four-seater table.

You and Jaekyung immediately rushed into it. Jaekyung volunteered to get food from the counter.

While waiting, you let your eyes wander.

“Hi, is this seat available?” A cute voice said.

Upon seeing the owner of the voice, you swear you saw him already. He was carrying a tray with some snacks on it. The screaming and squealing girls also followed him.

“Me and my friend only occupied two seats, and those” you pointed at the two seats, “are not yet taken, so yes, you may sit if you want to."

“Thanks!” He happily sat at your front.

Meanwhile, Jaekyung was on her way to the table when she saw you talking to someone. She slightly tilted her head. “Who is that good-looking guy?”

“By the way, I’m Kwangmin.” He flashed a smile at you.

“Kwangmin?! Don’t tell me you’re the guy from Boyfriend?”

He shyly nodded.

“I see. That is why those girls keep on following you.”

 

 

--------------------------

* Yes, Kwangmin is now your schoolmate, whether you like it or not. :]]

Will update again later. :)