That Charming Schoolmate Of Ours

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

While having a good talk with Kwangmin, you felt Jaekyung cleared and sat beside you, declaring her presence.

“Oh, Jaekyung-yah! You’re finally here!” You greeted her. You saw a question on her face and you got the hint instantly.

“This guy here is Kwangmin, he’s our schoolmate and also a member of the idol group Boyfriend. The guy I’m talking about earlier.” You answered her before she could ask. “Kwangmin, she’s my best friend and classmate, Jaekyung.”

Jaekyung and Kwangmin greeted at each other.

“Hope you don’t mind me sharing a table with you.” He shyly said.

“Of course not.” Your friend cheerfully answered him.

“You know, Jaekyung is just like you. She has a twin, too. A twin sister to be precise.” You said pointing at your best friend. She’s busy with her veggie salad.

“Oh, really? How cool.” Kwangmin replied with his eye-smile.

“So where’s your brother?” Jaekyung asked. She’s playing with her food now.

“We’re from different class. Youngmin probably still in his classroom at this time. What about yours?”

Jaekyung casually replied that her parents were already separated and Jaehyun is with her dad while she’s with her mom.

“Oh, sorry.” Kwangmin looked down.

“That’s okay. Anyway, I didn’t know that idol group members can go to normal school like here.” She asked again.

“Well, our mom wants us to still live a normal life despite having busy schedule at times and we’re okay with it, too.” He explained while taking a bite at his sandwich.

“But isn’t it difficult? You know, having all the hectic schedules then schooling.” You matter-of-factly asked.

“Yeah, it is. That’s why I was late earlier.. No let me correct that, me and my brother was late.” He followed it with a chuckle.

“But what about them?” You gestured him to a lot of fangirl students.

“Well, I guess we really have to get used to it.” He shyly replied.

*-------------------------------------*

“Well, well. Look who’s here, girls!”

You need not to look. You perfectly know who owns that irritating voice. “Yeonmi’s.” You rolled your eyes upon thinking it.

“They just got kicked out of the class and now they’re hanging out with someone else to hook on.” The tactless Yeonmi continued.

“Watch your words, Yeonmi.” Jaekyung warned her.

“Oh, I’m afraid.” She sarcastically replied then left with her group when Kwangmin looked at them intensely.

You could feel your blood starts to boil down. Kwangmin put his hand on the top of your hand. He was trying to calm you down. You felt awkward. “What’s this?”

You tried to act casually.

You followed Yeonmi with stare and when she and the other girl couldn’t find any vacant seats, they left the cafeteria in frustration.

“Serves them right.” You smirked.

The conversation continued like nothing has happened.

*-------------------------------------*

Kwangmin is actually nice and his smile is cute, too. He is more charming in a closer look than when you saw him with his group performing during the school festival. Upon observing him, you remember someone. “Why does he have to unexpectedly popped into my mind?”

You looked around to shook the thoughts in your mind and saw your cousin Nam Woohyun approaching to your table.

He waved to both of you and you gestured Jaekyung to look behind her, to her surprise.

“Hi, hon! Hello Yuri-yah!”  Woohyun paused a while. “And.. Kwangmin?.”

“Woohyun-sunbae?” Kwangmin asked.

“Kwangmin-yah, he’s my cousin.” You smiled at him.

“Oh.” He surprisingly uttered.

You introduced Kwangmin and Woohyun with each other though they’ve seen each other at some music shows.

To give way, you moved a seat beside Kwangmin so that the couple is next to each other. You saw your cousin and your friend with holding each other’s hands under the table. “Aish, he becomes that instant possessive whenever some boys were around Jaekyung.”

*-------------------------------------*

“What are you doing here Woohyun-oppa?” You asked.

“Just stalking her.” He said referring to your friend.

“Funny, ha-ha. I’ve heard that from you’re a lot of times.” Jaekyung grinned at him.

“Alright, actually I am not the only one here. Sunggyu-hyung and the other Infinite members are here, and the girl group Hyacinth, too.”

“Oh? Really? But why?” You felt excited when you heard him saying it.

“Remember I told you the other day that we’re going to help with the promotion of Hyacinth? They will be having a performance tour here, and our group is their special guest.”

“Hyacinth, you say Woohyun-sunbae?” Kwangmin interrupted.

“Yes.” Woohyun replied to him.

“Wow, daebak! I already seen them once in an interview and I think they're good.”

Woohyun and Kwangmin exchange smiles with each other.

“So you mean the other oppas are here, too?” You felt excited and you know why.

“Yes, they are still inside the van at this moment.”

Suddenly, someone came from your sight.

And you felt butterflies in the stomach upon seeing him.

“Dongwoo-oppa!”

 

------------------------------------

*Quite long chapter, eh? :]