Revelation And Explanation

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

“Inhale, exhale.” You said to yourself. “You can do it Kang Yuri.”

There you are, outside the Infinite’s dorm. You had second thoughts, but you had to make decision and confront Dongwoo about what you saw yesterday. He must clarify it to you once and for all. And, if it must really come to an end, then you’ll accept it.

And, no matter how much the truth will hurt you, you are willing to let him go. That’s how much you love him.

You bitterly smiled at the thought.

You bit your lower lip and silently made a wish. “Please don’t let it be..”

You stared at the door again for few seconds and braced yourself as you made a few knocks on it.

When you looked up, you saw your cousin, Woohyun standing there.

“Yuri-yah, what brought you here today?” He brightly asked.

“Oppa..” You asked, not minding his question. “Is Dongwoo-oppa here?”

His face furrowed by the way you asked him. “He just left few minutes earlier.” He gestured a direction to you. ”I’m guessing he’s still on his way to--”

You didn’t let him finish his sentence and runs toward the direction he’s pointing at.

Your cousin is right. He was walking there on the street. As you were about to approach him, you saw him talking with someone over his phone.

“WHAT?! Yes! Yes, I’ll be there right away!” You heard him say and he hailed a cab then went inside.

Without giving a second thought, you also called a taxi and told the driver to follow them.

*-------------------------------------*

Dongwoo immediately went out of the car upon arriving at the hospital and ran into the reception desk. He talked to a nurse standing by and after receiving a reply, he rushed towards a door and went inside the room.

“Uhm, ahjussi, I guess I’ll stop by here. Thanks.” You said upon paying the driver.

You don’t know why, but you felt something isn’t right.

You got off the taxi and went inside the hospital. You couldn’t see Dongwoo around so you sat at the sofa there at the lobby.

*-------------------------------------*

You were awakened by some noises around. You realized that you slept there at the couch. You stood up and suddenly, you saw Dongwoo, in his gloomy look, walking out of the room. He passed by you and left without noticing you.

“He seems preoccupied with something.”

You stared at the room he got out to earlier and curiousity arises in you.

As you made your way in front of the door, you tried some gentle knocks but no one is answering.

So, you slowly turned the door knob and walked inside quietly. You saw a body of a woman there covered in white blanket.

“Dongwoo-yah, I thought you left already?” The woman turned around and was surprised to see you there.

“Min-unnie..” You uttered in shock.

*-------------------------------------*

It’s as if there's a warm atmosphere that touches you from within upon seeing her. Her skin is in pale color. She looks a lot thinner in a closer look. You also saw her hair lost some of its strands.

Min smiled faintly. “Annyeong Yuri-yah. I didn’t expect you would come here.”

You couldn’t speak for a moment.

“Did Dongwoo bring you here?”

“Anio.. I came here by myself.” You replied, shaking your head.

“Did he already say something about my condition?” She asked softly. There was a hint of tears in her eyes.

“Anio. Are you sick Min-unnie?”

“I guess you need to know.” She stood up from her bed and took a sit there. “Yes, I am.”

“What is it?” You asked in concern.

Though she’s your rival, but you don’t have the heart to hold any grudge against her. She was just too nice to you.

*-------------------------------------*

“Leukemia. I’m currently undergoing treatment.” She tried to act casually. “At first, I tried to hide it from anyone, but Dongwoo-yah found out about it. And, from then on, he’s been keeping me company.”

“He must, because he’s your..”

She continued your words. “My boyfriend?”

You gave her a nod, and then closed your eyes. You didn’t want to hear her confirming about it, only to suffer more.

You heard her chuckle. “Who told you he’s my boyfriend?”

“He’s not?” You asked her in disbelief.

“We were never been together. I already told him that I see him as a younger brother and he will always be my younger brother.”

“Oh.. But you two.. I mean, you two are that close and all, you know..”

She gave you a smile. “I assume you’ve been jealous, right?”

You didn’t say a word.

“I’m guessing your silence as a yes.” She tapped her forehead. “I guess, I’ll leave the explaining to him.”

You looked at her in confusion but she just gave you a meaningful smile.

 

-------------------------------------------

* So yeah, that explains it, chiggus! ^^ (marry_kim guessed it right)

I'm going to say it again, I love you all readers/subscribers/commentors! XOXO