Envious

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

It was the most anticipating moment for all of the students, break time.

You were having some snack with Kwangmin while your best friend, Jaekyung went home early for some errands. She also told you that she’s going to take her dog, Shakespeare, to the vet.

“By the way, next week is our school’s dance contest, will you join?” Kwangmin asked as he took a sip at his red tea.

You took a bite at your sandwich before you answer him. “I don’t think so.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t have a partner yet. Jaekyung didn’t want to dance so I’m not considering it anymore.” You said. You started to gaze around the school cafeteria, wanting to lose your mind for a moment.

“Then I can be your partner, if that’s okay with you.”

You quickly turned to him. “Really?”

“Of course.” He’s giving you a bright smile which revealed his perfectly white teeth.

“Wow, great! So when are we going to start practicing then? And where?”

“What about tomorrow after class? Any place you can recommend?” He mimicked your tone of asking.

“There’s a cool park just few steps near my dorm, we can go practice there. Plus, the atmosphere there is so nice.”

“Okay, so shall we meet by tomorrow after class then?” He asked.

“Uh-huh.”

*-------------------------------------*

Dongwoo was about to go inside the dorm after doing a grocery when he saw you with Kwangmin practicing some dance steps.

“Hyung, what are you doing there?” Woohyun shouted. He walked towards Dongwoo and looked at the direction he’s staring at. “We better take the groceries inside. I’m going to cook now.”

Sungyeol came outside. “Yah, hyung I’m starving already. Let me have those!” He squealed at Dongwoo while rubbing his stomach. He saw Yuri and Kwangmin nearby. “Why are you watching them hyung?” Sungyeol questioned.

Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders. “Just curious.”

His two buddies gave a meaning look at each other.

“If you say so.” Woohyun replied in doubt. ”Then, we better get inside now, our choding here is slowly becoming a monster.”

*-------------------------------------*

You were now having snack, when Kwangmin stood up, and did some random dances. He even performed to their group’s song, ‘Boyfriend’ with Sistar19’s ‘Ma Boy’ steps.

It’s amusing how he can make you laugh and comfortable just being with him. And, it’s amazing how he can still be that cute and funny at the same time.

*-------------------------------------*

A week had gone fast. Everything was setup perfectly for the school dance competition. Students are starting to fill up the seats.

You ang Kwangmin and the other contestants were there at the backstage, waiting for each turns.

“Nervous? Don’t be.” Kwangmin put his hand on your shoulder and smiled at you while you were both sitting.

You smiled back at him.

Then you noticed at the corner of the room, Yeonmi was looking at you intensely after their group’s performance for T-Ara’s ‘Bo Peep, Bo Peep’.

Well, actually, most of the girls keep glaring at you just because you’re Kwangmin’s dance partner.

When your names were called, you and Kwangmin stood up and made appearance on the stage.

*-------------------------------------*

Looking at the audience, you saw Jaekyung, Woohyun and the other Infinite members also came there to cheer for you. Sungjong’s girlfriend, Sun Hee, was there, too, except for one person.

Jang Dongwoo.

You still can’t forget about his unfulfilled promise a week ago that he’s going to take you to Lotte World. And, you haven’t seen each other for the past days.

Though you were upset, you still feel that somewhere in your heart, you miss him.

IU’s ‘Wonderful Day’ starts to play.

The song was so cheerful that everybody on the audience started to sing and dance with you, too.

A pair of eyes in the backstage weren’t happy with what happening. “The show’s just starting.” Yeonmi smirked.

You were in the middle of the dance from up above when flour started pouring over your hair and face. You could hear everyone was now laughing at you. Kwangmin immediately went to you and took of his jacket and cover you and brought you backstage.

*-------------------------------------*

It was the scene that Dongwoo saw. He didn’t think twice and he went backstage. Jaekyung, Sun Hee and the other Infinite were already there.

Kwangmin was so apologetic about what happened but you assured him that you’re going to be fine.

“Who did this to you?” Dongwoo asked.

You perfectly know who did it.

You just don’t want to tell them, especially your bestfriend Jaekyung, who will becomes a monster once she gets angry. You’d rather keep it to yourself.

Well, they’re just around laughing at you probably. You know why Yeonmi was hostile of you. She was jealous because she likes Kwangmin like other girls do.

The laugh from the crowd still lingers in your mind.

 

------------------------------------------------------

* To infinity and beyond! :)