Uncle's Reason

My Girl, My Woman, My Friend, Rolled Into One

You cannot fall asleep that same night. You turned your body left and right while lying on bed. No matter what you do, the last scene from the school’s performance concert keeps on haunting you. Upon seeing Dongwoo and Min on that scene, you hastily left without turning back. You came back to your seat as if nothing had happened. You tried to act normally but deep inside you were upset.

“Aish! Why can’t I take it off my mind?”You sat up on bed in frustration but came back lying again.

You tried to cover your face with a blanket hoping that it would do any miracle, but to no avail.

“I hate it! I hate it! I hate--” You weren’t able to finish your last word because you heard  some shattering of glasses downstairs.

Fear started to envelope you knowing that you are alone that night.

You uncle is having a late night dinner with some colleagues.

Though your uncle is capable enough to pay for a housekeeper, he never did because he wants you to learn the household chores and be independent. When your parents died in a plane crash, you were left in your uncle. Since then, he became protective to you.

You bumped at life-sized standee in the corner. It’s jang Dongwoo’s which you bought it from an Inspirit. “Oops, stay there Dongwoo-oppa, I’ll go check where it is coming from.”

You silently moved your feet towards the door, and took the broom leaning against the wall.

Though you were afraid, but you know that somehow you can depend yourself since you attended a taekwondo class before.

You walked quietly down the stairs while holding the broom tightly and saw a figure of a man in all-black.

“Oh no, a burglar! Ottoke? Ottoke?” You panicked and your mind went blank.

Suddenly, the door opens, and you saw your uncle threw the man up in the air to the floor. He told you to call the police immediately and you did.

*-------------------------------------*

The next morning, you and your uncle are having a breakfast.

He let a deep sigh.

You are about to bite a piece of bread when he spoke.

“I’m so worried about you last night, Yuri-yah. Good thing, I came in just in time.”

You smiled at him.

“I don’t know what I will do if I lost you. You know that I only have you as my family.”

His wife and two kids were murdered long time ago and that gave him a trauma.

“Uncle, you should give yourself a break, I’m a grown-up now, I can take care of myself.” You said as you tried to cheer him up.

“Take care? You’re kidding Yuri-yah. I’m going to blame myself if something bad happened to you last night. Besides, you’re still young at the age of eighteen. I know that I’ve been scolding you a lot lately. I’m sorry.” His words softened.

“It’s okay, uncle, I understand.”

“Anyway, I’ll be on my business trip to Singapore for about a week or two, and I’m afraid that I cannot watch over you for the meantime. My flight is tomorrow early morning.

“Uncle?”

He sipped his coffee. “And to ease my mind from worrying about you too much, I already talked to Woohyun.”

“What’s Woohyun-oppa got to do with this uncle?” Your forehead furrowed.

“I asked him to look for you while I’m away, and to make that possible, I told him to look for your temporary shelter near their dorm just yesterday.”

“I’m moving?”

“Yes, obviously. Are you against it?” He observed you closely.

Against? Is he kidding? Why would you be against it if you can see someone who’s special to you every day?

You almost rejoice but an unpleasant memory bothered your mind again. “He already has Min-unnie.”

“Okay, uncle if that’s your decision. I’ll go with it.” You answered wearily.

The old man mistook that you’re against it when he looked at your face.

“I’ve made up my mind already Yuri.” He firmly said.

You just nodded.

“Good, you will be moving today.” He declared.

“Right now?” You asked in surprise. The piece of bread in your mouth fell onto your plate.

“Uh-huh. Your cousin will be here any minute from now.”

As soon as he finished his sentence, a knock came on the door.

You voluntarily stood up to open the door.

*-------------------------------------*

“Good morning, uncle!” Woohyun greeted upon coming in.

“Ready to pick up Yuri?” Your uncke asked

“Yes.” Woohyun made a bow.

“Yuri, start packing your things now.” He ordered you.

You excitedly put your clothes and everything in your travelling bag when you came to stop upon remembering something.

“Should I leave you here? But Dongwoo-oppa and the other oppas will saw you. The last thing I want them to know is that I’m keeping you here. That would be so embarrassing.” You talked as if the standee of Dongwoo is going to reply to you.

You sighed. “Aigoo, I really don’t want you to be left out but.. But I guess leaving you here for the meantime won’t hurt right? Besides, I promise to come back for you.” You uttered while touching the face of the standee.

“Yuri-yah, hurry up!” Woohyun said outside your door. You immediately hide Dongwoo’s standee inside your closet.

He looked at you suspiciously. “Did I hear you talking to someone?” He asked when you let him in.

“I’m just practicing a monologue for our school, you know.” You glared at him. You suddenly remembered Jaekyung and called her. You informed her that you’ll be moving to a dorm near Infinite’s for the moment.

Your cousin is giving you a sign to pass him the phone to talk to Jaekyung but you already  cut the line after you said goodbye to your friend.

“Aish..” He frowned again.

“Don’t be so nosy. Let’s go Woohyun-oppa.” You gave him your bags and grinned when you saw him pouted.

 

---------------------------------

*Oh yeah, I'm currently doing this "‎~Doing an INFINITE 30-day challenge~".

Anyone want to try this one? You may fill up with your own answers and just post it in your blog, fb, twitter , etc.! (^.^)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/63729