Picasso

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Jungkook and I entered the art room to be greeted by the sharp stare of our aged teacher who looked up at us from where she sat at her desk. We bowed in greeting as she asked for our names then instructed us to sit in the seats she pointed out.

There were multiple large rectangular tables with four chairs arranged in a row. We looked at her once more to confirm our seating which was supposedly with Kris and Yongguk. Jungkook in the empty seat next to Yongguk leaving me to sit between the latter and Kris. Absolutely perfect, I sarcastically thought.

When everyone had finally filed into class, she handed out pieces of paper that gave instructions.

"I don't want my class to be disrupted by the upcoming showcase hence I'm giving you the criteria for the set we have to make for the show so that you can work on them after school while I continue with my class," she began. Well someone is fond of teaching. "Think of it as a home assignment. All the information you need to complete this is on the paper. I expect high quality since this is a public showcase of talent which means many important people will be attending," she continued and I could just imagine the amount of work we would have to do, more specifically myself because I not only had art but dance and drama as well.

"Now that is out of the way, I also handed you sheets of blank paper. I'm giving you all ten minutes to draw things that represent yourself. Things that you enjoy. Things that refer to you. Begin."

With the clap of a hand I pulled out my art supplies and began doodling the things I enjoyed, just as the rest of them did. Ten minutes had passed and we were instructed to present our work individually to the class. Groans were kept back knowing the personality of our teacher who wouldn't tolerate complaining. First was myself; something about ladies first I heard.

I stared at my paper as I strolled to the front of the class and anxiously revealed its contents. I observed what looked like either surprised or impressed expressions from the faces of my classmates; I hoped it was the latter.

"Good. You managed to draw those in ten minutes and it looks great," Ms. Park simply commented and I thanked her softly. "Explain what this speaks about yourself and your personality."

"Well, I like sports, hence the soccer ball and basketball, which fits in with my outgoing and adventurous traits. Despite my liking for dangerous activities," I pointed to the danger symbol drawn, "I love animals which, I guess, shows I have a caring side. The film thingy shows that I love acting, as well as dance which is represented by the person breakdancing, although my strength is hip hop. I love listening to music. And lastly, the paintbrush represents creativity. I love trying new things and creating stuff."

She wore a nonchalant expression, making me grow nervous but then nodded.

"I love it."

Those three words extracted a wide smile from me as I bowed and proceeded to my seat. Yongguk followed and his work revealed that we had some similarities. Of course he liked sports but other than that, his piece portrayed a 'tough guy' vibe. Jungkook showed that he had a desire for music and just by looking at his work, he took the right subject. Kris was the next, confusing everyone with what shouldn't even be called a drawing. I'm sorry but the truth is the truth. 

"Kris what is that?" Ms. Park questioned.

"This is a basketball," he pointed at the 'circle' with squiggly stripes, "This is a film strip which represents acting," he pointed to what resembled a ladder, "my mom," he indicated a stick person, which caused me to face-palm myself because the stick person wasn't even drawn properly. At least he managed to draw the quaver and beam notes almost accurately, stating that he also enjoyed music.

"Picasso I think you have the wrong class," she sighed gesturing for him to return to his seat. 
I tried hold back my laughter as I bit my lip when he sat down next to me again.

                                                                                                          ~o0O0o~

"I don't wanna go," I complained as Yongguk and I headed up the flight of stairs.

"So why'd you take the class then?" He enquired and I just realized his deep his voice was. I mean, who doesn't like a guy with such a y, there I admitted, voice?

"Mom kinda wants me to. She wants me to become an engineer but I'm not too sure about it," I admitted.

"I hear you. It's basically the same with me. I don't want to do sciences at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter