Done

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

As soon as I arrived at home I encountered my mom whose eyes widened at my state.

"Where- what the hell have you been doing?!" She demanded.

"Soccer practice," I responded.

"Why are you wasting your time on things that aren't going to help you in the future?" She questioned.

Here we go again.

"I like playing soccer, sports generally, you know that," I spoke.

"You know you could've been studying all that time, you're in a top school, you need to keep your grades up," she stated and the urge to roll my eyes was nearly impossible to resist.

"Not every time I have to bury my face in book mom, there should be a balance between practical and academic," I replied.

"Your sister didn't do practical activities and look where she is, travelled all over the world, one of the top engineers at such a young a-" 

"Well I'm not her!" 

I finally lost it.

"I'm not your precious princess Saera! I'm not like her and I don't want to be!"

"Sariah watch your tone with me," she sternly stated and I exhaled through my gritted teeth.

"I have to go back to the school to practice for the showcase," I responded then paused with slightly widened eyes after realizing what I admitted.

"You're partaking in it?" She enquired.

I knew she would've found out anyways but a lie still slipped through my lips.

"I'm just helping."

With that, I went to my room to shower then changed into all black with a pair of jeans, a T-shirt and a hoodie. Without eating dinner, I left the house in a foul mood. Sticking the headphones in my ear, I turned up the volume, hoping that the deafening music would rid my frustration. I'm gradually losing my tolerance each day, every time she compares me to her.
I realized that Daehyun didn't yet tell me where we were meeting so I decided to explore the higher exterior levels of the building which led me to the rooftop. I sat down near the edge but safely so that I wouldn't fall. Exhaling audibly, I focused on my melodious music for relaxation. It was well and good until someone tapped my shoulder causing me to turn harshly after pulling out my headphones because of the residual anger. 

"What?" I demanded when I saw Kai.

His expression suddenly seemed surprised and mine softened.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to shout," I sighed.

"It's okay," he assured. "Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded.

"Peachy."

"What's up?" he enquired, sitting next to me.

I didn't respond but only inhaled and exhaled audibly.

"Come on, smile," he tried to make me do so by poking my cheek and his sudden contact caught me by surprise.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I come here sometimes, it's relaxing," he responded and I nodded in agreement.

Suddenly my music was interrupted by the vibration of my phone and I groaned grumpily, pressing the button on my headphones to answer the call without looking at who it was.

"Hello?" I answered, unintentionally sounding harsh.

"Umm, bad timing?" The voice asked softly and I checked to see who it was.

"Oh sorry Daehyun," I apologized for my once again hostility. "It's not, what's up?"

"Where are you? We're meeting at the mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter