Messed Up

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

The next day I was rummaging through my clothes to find an outfit to wear. Mark told me that we'd meet at the park so obviously I wasn't going to dress fancy. I decided to dress like I usually would, throwing on a plaid red shirt with the sleeves reaching my elbows and a navy blue jeans. I left my naturally straight hair out then proceeded to leave the house. As I walked downstairs, my dad stopped me on seeing that I was about to leave the house.

"Where are you going?" He questioned.

"Out."

I heard him let out a sigh then he continued.

"I was thinking we could go out somewhere and do something," he suggested.

"Don't you have a wedding to plan or something?" I spat as I turned around.

He was silent for a while then spoke.

"Can we talk about this?"

"Oh, so now you want to talk about it huh?" I rhetorically asked with a sarcastic smile. "I have plans that I intend to carry out. Goodbye."

With that, I left the house, glad to be away from his presence.

With the help of my old skateboard I found in my room, I was able to arrive there faster than on foot and to my surprise, Mark was also there with his skateboard. What a coincidence.
"You look pretty," he remarked on seeing me and I smiled.

"Thanks, you look great too," I returned genuinely, observing how he made simple look y.

"So I was thinking we could go for ice cream? There's this place they opened a few days ago, I heard it's really good," he suggested and I nodded.

"Sounds good."

We both used our skateboards with him leading the way. My heart rate increased immensely when he took my hand as we went along as if it was to ensure that I wouldn't leave his sight. I swear this guy is making my heart flutter so much. I sat at a small table next to the wall while he came back from the counter with his Belgium chocolate ice cream and my Dulce de Leche. 

"So I heard you transfered," he started. "What school again?"

"Umm, you know the one they recently opened, it's an all-boys school."

His eyes widened then his brows furrowed

"How...?"

"Long story short, my mom got a job offer and it was a really good one so she transfered, taking me along with her," I explained and his lips curved into an 'o'.

"You must feel kinda weird with a school full of guys huh?" He chuckled.

"Honestly, at first I was but I like hanging out with guys. They're more fun and stuff and it's actually only thirty on of them," I answered. "Oh! And you know Luhan right?"

"The one who hung out with you?" He enquired unsurely but I nodded.

"He's there," I grinned.

"Oh that's cool," he remarked.

"Am I babbling?" I nervously questioned and he chuckled.

"You're cute you know that?"

Maybe you could make a movie on my face called fifty shades of red because that's what it was.

"Hey you want to write our names on this board?" He pointed to the whiteboard next to us on the wall.

I was taken back a bit but nodded and picked up a red marker and pressed it against the surface of the board bit before I could begin to write, I felt his warm hand holding mine as he guided it to write both our names. I watched him while smiling then when he was finished, he turned to me and did the same.

"Doesn't it look cute together?" He asked, making my lips curve even wider.

After leaving the shop and roaming around the park for a while, it was recognisable turning into evening, which meant goodbye.

"I wish you hadn't moved," he admitted while we were making one last round.

"Life happens," I sighed despondently. 

"Are you passing back anytime soon?" He asked hopefully but I shrugged.

"Maybe we can keep in contact?" I suggested and he nodded. "If you ever decide to come to visit, I live on campus."

"I'll call you," he finally spoke and I smiled

."Bye Mark," I stated, waving to finally leave.

The next morning I was already packing my bags to leave this damn place, still not wanting anything to do with my father. I walked downstairs to meet my dad in the car then we left. 

The ride was silent, which I was thankful for but then he stopped in front of a building after the first five minutes of driving which confused me. It wasn't a gas station but a restaurant.

"What are we doing?" I asked him as he got out the car and opened my door.

"Neither of us had breakfast," he stated, gesturing for me to get out but I stayed put.

"I'm not hungry," I responded.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday," he replied.

"You don't know that," I retorted, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Look Sariah, stop being stubborn, we're just going to have food."

Reluctantly, I complied and we were soon seated opposite each other at a table.

He ordered my favorite; pancakes, and I'm quite astounded he even knows.

We began eating as soon and the food came and he also initiated the conversation I wish he didn't.

"The wedding's in two months."

I almost choked on my chocolate milkshake and after clearing my throat, I glared at him for a split second then continued eating.

"I'd like it if you came, Eunhee wants you to be one of her bridesmaids."

If I was drinking at that point in time I would have definitely choked.

"Good for her but I'm not coming to witness the day your life gets ruined," I responded.

"Sariah," he said sternly, "I don't know where you got that idea from but cut that ridiculous behaviour out-"

"You want to know what's ridiculous? You believing some gold digger instead of your own daughter but then again, I was never your daughter was I? Thanks for making my weekend such a hell dad but I think it's time I head back home because frankly, I can't deal with this crap anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter