Little Lessons

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

It's Friday again, time's really passing by like a gust of wind. I was looking forward to today because we had practice later but what my mom told me threw my mood off for the entire day. I had to spend the weekend at my dad's place AGAIN. I wasn't too keen on seeing him anytime soon and I knew this was all his doing. Maybe there's an upside to this; I can spend the time with Mark.

After sort of resolving that whole issue, I was in a better mood only to find out that we had no practice today. I don't know if this was a good thing or not because though it's giving everyone a break, I usually had fun with some of the guys and their craziness.

That evening, I ended up just walking around the school talking to Mark on the phone.

"I'm staying at my dad's for the weekend which is back home where you guys are so maybe we can do something?"

"Hey, I can finally teach you self-defense because we'll have time to," he suggested and I smiled.

"Great, that sounds like a plan," I remarked.

"I can't wait to see you, we barely got to spend time together last time we met," he stated and I nodded even though he couldn't see.

"I'm warning you though, I'm actually kinda strong," I told him and I heard a scoff.

"You? You're tiny, I doubt bones can do much damage," he commented.

"You- you know what, I'll prove it to you," I mumbled, holding back my justification.

"Umhmm, we'll see," he murmured

"We will," I added and soon enough ended the call.

"How the hell did I end up here?" I questioned myself, realizing that I was at the back of the school.

Suddenly, some noises caught my attention and turning in its directions, I spotted someone in a cleared part of the garden.

Exploring closer, I grew amazed to see Tao with this sort of stick doing all kinds of stunts with it. My jaw literally dropped; it was truly entrancing. He suddenly dropped the stick on his foot by mistake and it evidently hurt.

"Oh are you okay?" I popped up and he turned to see me with a surprised look.

"Were you-oww- watching all the time?"

"No, I just came but damn that was awesome! You need to teach me how to do that!" I remarked.

"Thanks," he grinned. "But really if you want I could teach you."

"For real?"

"Yeah," he responded with a nod but then an idea struck me.

"This is a form of martial arts right?" I enquired and he nodded.

"Can you teach me some self-defense?"

I figured if I get a head start I could surprise and impress Mark.

"Sure," he complied and soon enough we began.

"Firstly, do you have good reflexes?" He questioned.

"Umm, yeah, I'd like to think so- Woah!" Before I could fully finish my sentence I dodged his fist just in time.

"Okay you do," he observed and I stood there with widened eyes.

"Don't worry it wouldn't have hit you," he assured.

"You better had not," I mumbled.

"Haha, is that what you would tell the attacker?" He chortled and I shrugged as he continued to teach me.

He suddenly hugged me from behind and my eyes flickered to widen a bit.

"Tao what are you doing?" I asked, feeling his breathing on my neck.

"Relax, it's just a hold they might put on you," he stated and I nodded, more relieved by the explanation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter