Spending Time

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

"Mark I'm sorry," JB spoke and Mark scoffed but before he could say another word, JB spoke once more.

"It's a prank."

Mark's jaw fell ajar and he let out a laugh in disbelief.

"You-" he looked to both of them as well as the other guys who revealed themselves.

"You guys are evil," he remarked and they all laughed at him.

"Payback," Sariah smirked. "It was the guys' idea; their way of apologizing by getting back at you."

"Yah!" Mark complained, feigning a beating on his friends.

Sariah's POV

Mark eventually laughed it off and came back to me.

"I'll let it pass, since I was the one to start it," he spoke and I smiled.

"You're so cute when you're jealous," I remarked and he pouted.

"I-"

My phone blasted out and I picked it up in a hurry.

"Sariah? Why the hell are you still out so late?! What are you doing in the first place are you okay?" My father interrogated and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop acting like you actually care," I told him.

"Come home now, it's too late for you to be out alone," he demanded.

"I'm not alone I'm with friends," I responded.

"I don't care, it's still too late for you to be out, be home in ten minutes or I'm coming to find you."

With that, he hung up and I shoved the phone back into my pocket furiously, letting out an angry exhale.

"Are you okay? Who was that?" Mark asked and I shook my head.

"I have to go," I told them, hugging each one of them and as I reached Mark, he placed a hand on my cheek to turn my face to his before I could give a hasty goodbye.

"Sariah what's wrong?" He enquired.

"Nothing, I'll talk to you later or something just, bye," I stated, heading home.

I was out of the park when I heard footsteps approaching and turned to see Mark running towards me.

"Wait," he called, grabbing my wrist to stop me.

"Won't you tell me what's going on? Why are you just leaving like that?" He interrogated. "Who was that on the phone?"

"Mark I- I'll just talk to you later, I need to go home," I told him and he let out a sigh.

"Fine, you better talk to me later. Just don't leave me without my kiss," he stated and I gave the slightest smile.

He slid his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him and I did the same, wrapping my hands around his neck.

"See you soon baby."

With that, I let him make his move, accepting the way his lips touched mine.

"You know what, I'm walking you home," he stated after pulling away.

"I can go alone, it's not far, besides-"

"I don't want anything to happen to you," he stated.

Before wasting time debating on the matter so that my father would end up hunting me down, I agreed but convinced him to leave me at a few houses away because if my dad saw us he'd have a lot of questions.

 

I at least had the first half of the day to spend with Mark alone since this evening I'm being forced to have dinner with my father and his lying- don't even get me started on the woman.

"Why are you so quiet?" I questioned Mark who walked side by side with me, hands intertwined. "Are you going to tell me why you suddenly left last n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter