Sigh

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

I couldn’t believe I actually managed to get sleep after everything that happened yesterday. Unlocking my phone I saw eighteen missed calls and quite a few messages, all from Mark from yesterday evening. I had my phone yes, but I was in such a daze, in such deep thought that I probably didn’t hear the phone ringing. I decided to call him since he was probably worried about me not calling him back to tell him that I reached home safely. As the phone rang, I rubbed my eyes, trying to get adjusted to the light still.

“Why the hell didn’t you call me? Are you okay? I was worried sick about you yesterday! Why didn’t you answer my calls? Huh? Do you not want to be with me anymore or something-”

“Mark,” I called, resulting in him shutting up which I was aiming for. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for not answering or calling or texting. It’s not that I don’t want to be with you.”

How can I tell him about yesterday? Should I? At least not over the phone but it’s not like I can meet him during the week.

“Then what is it?” he asked softly.

“I…I was helping my mom and then my phone battery died and it took too long to charge for it to restart and I was tired so I fell asleep,” I lied and I felt so bad because the same thing I berated Luhan for was exactly what I was doing.

“Oh.”

“Thank you,” I spoke.

“For what?” he asked.

“For worrying about me. For trying to make sure I was okay.”

“I- I care about you,” he responded and I smiled.

“Maybe if you want to ensure my safety, those lessons in martial arts you promised.”

“Of course, maybe that could be our next date,” he suggested.

“That’ll be awesome.”

“We’ll talk about it later then, I have to go,” he informed and I sighed, saying my goodbyes then hung up.

It was later that evening after I had finished whatever homework I had to do for the next day I thought that I finally had time to relax but then T.K called for a meeting at his dorm room to finalize our group project. I groaned loudly, realizing that I have to be in the same room and interact with two of the idiots I was extremely pissed at right now but this is where my acting skills come in. Of course I had to be pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter