Pace

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32

The seconds were bricks, building my anxiety as they continued to go on. Why wasn’t he picking up his phone yet? The rings sounded longer and I contemplated hanging up the phone knowing that he was probably mad at me.

“Hello?”

I couldn’t even find a response especially since his voice sounded an octave lower than usual, making me more nervous.

“Hello?” he answered again and my throat constricted, vetoing my words from coming out.

“If you’re not going to speak I’m gonna hang up,” he said.

“Mark,” it came out unintentionally like I was a spluttering engine.

“What is it?” he asked softly after a sigh.

“I’m sorry,” I told him; head hung.

“For which part? Randomly shutting me off while we were talking, hiding things from me or just plain ignoring me for three days straight?”

I felt so bad right now and his tone worsened it because I don’t think Mark’s really the type of person to get mad. He sounds disappointed and hurt and he probably is, because of me.

“For all that. It’s just that I-“

I can’t even tell him why I shut off the laptop and I have no excuse as to why I ignored his calls.

“You?” he urged me to fill my sentence and I let out a breath of cold air.

I can’t, in fact I don’t even want to lie to him but I can’t tell him the truth.

“My dad walked in when we were talking and I had to shut it off because I wasn’t supposed to be using the laptop at the moment.”

I seriously hate lying to this sweetheart; he doesn’t deserve it.

“And who’s Sungyeol?” he enquired, I didn’t blame his suspicions.

“His co-worker.”

“Oh. So why’d you ignore my calls all this time, you had my imagination running wild,” he awkwardly chuckled.

“I was literally busy every second I had. All the rehearsals, school, studying, hell, Mark I fell asleep in the library till ten-thirty last night,” I explained; it was half-true. “I was kinda scared that you’d be mad at me though so I kind of tried to avoid you which I knew is completely stupid because we’re supposed to talk whatever out.”

“You’re right, and I hope next time anything happens, you do talk it out with me instead of having me worried and restless,” he spoke.

“Sorry,” I apologized once more, “How about I make it up to you this Saturday? We can go wherever you want and-”

“Don’t you have exams?” he questioned.

“Yeah but I want to make it up to you, and I want to see you,” I mumbled the last part softly and he chuckled.

“Yeah but I don’t want you doing badly in your work because of me,” he stated.

“I won’t.”

“Besides, I have a major practice on Saturday,” he informed.

“You just don’t want to see my ugly face don’t you,” I muttered jokingly.

“Yah, you’re beautiful, just downright beautiful, and anyone would be lucky to have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter