Didn't Expect You

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

“We’re getting married,” he announced with a widespread grin.

My face was stuck with a blank expression; I didn’t even know how to react.

“Say something,” he urged a reaction out of me.

“No,” I finally spat.

“What?” he questioned, furrowing his brows.

“You can’t. Dad she’s-”

“It’s my choice, all I’m doing is informing you,” he stated firmly.

“And you didn’t even bother to even ask me?” I shook my head. “You never do anyways. But you can’t marry her,” I continued; it’s now or never, this woman will ruin his life. “She’s lying. She’s just using you for your money can’t you see that?”

She plastered the most hurt look she could, pretending that she was actually hurt by my words.

“Sariah! How dare you-” he started but I cut him off.

“I heard her! When I was upstairs looking out my window she was downstairs outside talking on the phone and-”

It was the second time for the evening I was slapped by my parent except this time, I wasn’t at fault.

I placed a palm on my throbbing cheek and turned back to them with my eyes pooled. I can’t believe he would believe her instead of me, his own daughter. Then again, I was never his daughter.

“Apologize to Eunhee,” he demanded and I stared hatefully at the woman.

I stood there glaring at them both because I’m not one to apologize unless I’m wrong.

“Go to your room and don’t come back until you have an apology,” he commanded.

With that, I spun around and ran to my room, slamming the door shut behind me as tears began trickling like a waterfall down my cheeks. Grabbing my phone, I dialed a number and waited as it rang. Three rings and still no answer, I was growing frustrated.

“Pick up the freaking phone!” I groaned, wiping my wet cheeks.

“Hel-”

“Luhan! He freaking slapped me! All because of that lying he’s going to freaking marry and-” I began sobbing in between words because it hurt.

I thought that maybe by now I might have grown immune to not receiving his love but I was wrong. Him choosing some other lying woman over my truth hurt like hell.

“Sariah?”

I temporarily eased up on my sobbing and sniffling at the unfamiliar voice. Knowing it wasn’t Luhan, I cut the phone off. I needed to rant to someone and get my frustration out and that person was usually Luhan because he knew how to deal with me but apparently he’s unavailable. Other than him, I trusted no one, but then one person came to my mind.

"Well maybe if you ever need anything when he's not there, you can always come to me, if anything ever happens," he offered and I was taken aback a bit.

I picked up my phone once more and dialed his number and once again, it took long to ring.

“Hello?” he answered groggily.

“D.O?”

“Sariah?”

“Yeah,” I responded, sniffling a bit, “I’m sorry were you sleeping?”

“No, it’s fine, I was just resting my eyes,” he replied.

Really? Do you think I’d fall for that?

“Are you okay? You disappeared today and your voice sounds strange,” he asked, noticing my broken voice.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. I wanted to say yes but the answer obviously wasn’t so.

“No, I’m not.”

“What’s wrong? Are you in danger? Where are you?” he began panicking and I heard shuffling.

“No, no, I’m safe, I hope. I just-can I tell you something?”

“Sure, anything,” he spoke and I took a deep breath again.

After I summarized what happened earlier, I sought his opinion and advice on the matter.

“Maybe you should just apol-”

“D.O I’m not going to apologize to that ,” I firmly stated.

“Look, I know you’re right and she’s wrong but you need to prove her wrong with evidence and in order to do so, you have to play in favor of them while trying to get that evidence.”

“Yeah but she already knows I know about her,” I replied.

“Make it look like you still accept her or you don’t care anymore about what she does so she doesn’t really bother with you,” he spoke.

“You know, for an innocent looking person you’re actually pretty sly,” I remarked and he chuckled. “I just…Can’t believe that he still believe her over me.”

“It’s easier to believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter