Testing Patience

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Luhan waited for me downstairs to once again walk me to school. He made sure I was feeling better and told me to give him a heads up if I suddenly felt ill. I reluctantly walked into our class, feeling embarrasses because of the incident yesterday which I'm one hundred and ten percent sure everyone knew about. 

"They wouldn't make fun of you, I promise," Luhan assured, "And you know that no one can say anything against you because that's my job."
I smiled and nodded as he opened the door for me to enter.

"Sariah!" I heard multiple voices blurt as they immediately approached me.

Again, they bombarded me with multiple health questions to which in assured them that I was fine.

"Don't overwhelm her," Luhan scolded them. 

"Sariah," Chanyeol called and I turned to him with a hum in response.

"I got something for you," he stated, handing me a small box of chocolates.

"You didn't have to," I responded, not knowing how to react at his gift as I accepted it.

"You seem like the type to love chocolate and I wanted you to feel better," he stated and I smiled from ear to ear.

"That's sweet," I remarked and his cheeks hinted pink, "Thanks Yeol."

"Dammit, why didn't I think of that," Kai spoke.

"Because unlike you, I'm a thoughtful and romantic guy," Chanyeol grinned and I chuckled.

"Hey Sariah, how are you feeling?' Zelo suddenly popped up from behind me.

"I'm fine Zelo, thanks again for everything yesterday," I stated, and although I wasn't one to initiate physical contact, I wanted to genuinely show my appreciation so I hugged him.

Everyone gaped at Sariah and Zelo, each one of them feeling somehow jealous that Zelo had been the lucky one to be hugged.

"I'm just glad you're okay now," Zelo told her as she pulled away, hiding his astonishment that he was hugged by her. He tried his best to conceal his growing smile, tinted red cheeks and rapidly palpitating heart.

The bell rang, initiating the first period to which everyone left to their separate ways.
I was really looking forward to our first rehearsals that evening. I conversed with Suho about the topic and he informed me that their group was almost half-finished with their dance. Now that was quite impressive considering that they only began choreographing it yesterday. I was excited to learn the dances albeit it was a lot of work to do but I loved hip-hop. We still had to create the drama for it first, which I was also looking forward to because I loved acting. What I was immensely curious about though was that how the story would be written because apparently they have to be all for me. 
Last period ended with the bell and a grin lit up my face as I returned to my house to just grab my stuff and head back to rehearsals but in arriving at my house, that grin was long lost on seeing a familiar, unwanted, by me at least, bronze 350z.
I reluctantly entered the house but when I did, I intended to look straight ahead as I hastened to my room past the certain individual I already knew was there but was forced to stop when my mother sternly called my name. 
Exhaling an audible, agitated breath I turned and flashed a fake smile.

"Hello Father."

~oOOOo~

"I'm not going," I firmly stated to my mother.

Both of us were in my room while that man waited downstairs.

"Sariah stop with your foolish stalling because you know in the end you have to go anyways," she spoke.

"Why do I?! I don't understand, I'm eighteen already can't I do what I want?" I demanded.

"You know why, your father has the power to do what he want, just simply go with him, it's only for the weekend," she begged and I scoffed.

"I don't know why you're always obeying his every word. Yes he has money and power and whatever but that doesn't mean that we can be slaves to him. And just because you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter