New Beginning

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1- New Beginning

My gaze was fixed on the scenario out the window, still a bit irritated at my mom who was currently driving towards where we would begin our new lives. 

"Sariah," she called but I ignored her, focusing on the serene yet glorious sunset outside.
I heard her sigh as she the radio allowing Frozen's, 'Let it Go,' to play.
I turned at her and grimaced while she only shrugged.

"Even the radio agrees with me," she spoke and I turned the said thing off. "Honey you really need to let it go, I know you'll miss your friends but that's what technology's for right?" 

"You don't get it mom, I had a life back there; a great one in fact. I was on the top in both academic and practical subjects but you just had to strip that away from me didn't you? I had real friends who cared about me, who loved me and now I've just abandoned them."

"Oh relax you'll make new ones. You know I had no choice but to take this school transfer," she defended and I scoffed. "When we get there and you officially start tomorrow I've already told you it's an All Boy's school. I'm not saying not to make friends but just friends, nothing more. I want you focusing on your studies which should be you first priority."

"I don't think I'll even make friends," I mumbled under my breath.

As my mom mentioned, she had been offered a job transfer to a private boarding school in Gangnam. She accepted without even discussing it with me and on top of that, she informed me last minute giving me barely adequate time to say a proper goodbye to my friends. I guess it's for the better because the wage was worth the move and as a bonus, they allowed us our own house on the campus. Mom said that's it's also better for me because their teaching quality is one if the best in the country, even though they recently developed the place, hence they offered her the job since she was recognized for her skills in various languages. Soon enough, we arrived at the venue, which on entering through the gate made my jaw touch the floor. 

"Mom how much guys did you say were enrolled in this school?" I asked with my mouth still ajar.

"Like a class of them alone, about thirty of them," she answered as she drove to the main entrance.

"There's only one class?" I questioned and she hummed positively in response.

"Damn."

"And that's where you'll be, obviously. Again, no funny business," she warned.

"Yes, I know, geez woman," I mumbled as we stepped out of the car.

God this is going to be so awkward; practically living in a school with over thirty guys, meaning I'm the only teenage girl on the compound.

"Just be cool, Sariah, be yourself, cold shield, badass walk without tripping," I pep-talked myself.

We entered the antique front doors which were at least ten feet tall with intricate designs that were too fancy for a school of over thirty guys. Well if the doors were fancy I don't know what adjective is appropriate for the interior of the building. Lavish? Extravagant? The floors were polished marble and overhead at the intersection there were signs with the directions of different offices or rooms and such.
Fortunately, I think, there were no signs of male beings under twenty in the vicinity so I don't have to encounter them just yet. My mom suddenly pulled my wrist, dragging me until we arrived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter