Farewell

Mission: Possible

Their stay in Palawan was almost up. Soon, they will be  back to reality. Kim and Gerald both enjoyed the trip. They had to separate for a while because Kim needed to help Melissa as the Maid of Honor. Kim and Maja were both in awe when they saw Melissa in her dress. She looked radiant in the flowy white dress. "Nini, you look wonderful. Jake's jaw will absolutely drop." Kim told her bestfriend.

"Thanks friend. You look gorgeous as well!" Kim wore a light pink strapless dress that showed her curves and really high heels.

Kim handed the bouquet to Melissa and hugged her. "Goodluck and don't forget your vows!"

"I won't. Maybe, you'll make Gerald forget his name once he sees you." Melissa teased.

"What? How did he get into this?"

"Cousin Kimmy, don't try to act like you're innocent 'cause you're not!" Maja joined the teasing.

Kim pouted, "No fair! I lose against you two!"

 

The order will go from the flower girls, the ring bearers and after the sponsors, it was the turn of the Maid of Honor and finally the bride with her parents.

The partners came from opposite ends, not seeing each other beforehand. When Gerald saw Kim, he was not shocked in how amazing she looked, he knew for a fact she'd be drop dead gorgeous. Meanwhile, Kim thought Gerald looked dashing as well in his all white suit. "You look very good." Kim complimented him before walking separate ways to their pews.

Jake stood at the end in his all-black suit and the wedding march started to play. Melissa was assisted out of the car by her parents. As soon as their eyes met, the worries seemed to be taken off their shoulders.

The wedding was held in a small chapel in Palawan and they only invited the closest friends and family. At the reception back at the resort, the guests had their shoes in hand in their gowns and suits as they strolled across the sand. "Mel, that was a very beautiful wedding. I am glad I took even a small part of it. Congratulations Mrs. Cuenca." Kim greeted her friend.

Gerald went up to Jake and shook his hand. "Mr. Cuenca, congratulations. I hope that you guys will have a big family." He winked.

"Thanks, pare. I'll get you as one of the ninong! Of course, Kim is the ninang, right honey?"

"Oh, absolutely!" Melissa agreed.

 

"Does it really have to end now? The past week I spent with Melissa and Jake with the rest of our friends seemed too short." Kim laughed as she gave her speech. "I feel fortunate for having Nini as my bestfriend and no matter how long we were separated from each other, I still consider her my bestfriend. And Jake, if you ever consider hurting Melissa, give me a call, okay? So I know when to tell my co-NBI agents to hunt you down." She joked and the other guests laughed. "Melissa, you have grown into a beautiful lady and I know you will make a great wife and a mother. Cheers to the both of you!" Kim gave the both of them a kiss and sat on her table.

"That was a short and sweet speech. I felt that it really came from the heart." Gerald commented.

The throwing of the bouquet was up next and they had all the single ladies come up.

"Kim, go up there!" Gerald forced her.

Maja was about to go when she didn't see Kim. "Kim, let's go or I won't go up there!"

The two went and Kim got the bouquet though she wasn't expecting it to come her way. She wasn't putting an effort into it, but when she saw something fly in front of her, her reflexes took over.

"Kim will be the next one to get married!" Melissa and Jake teased.

After the bride and the groom danced together, and also with their parents, the dance floor was officially open. Jake and Melissa called Rayver and Maja first to dance swing since they are dancers by profession and then Kim and Gerald for the salsa dance they learned the other night.

 

After the reception, Kim and Gerald went up to the newlyweds to congratulate them and also bid their farewell. Both ladies were crying, knowing how busy they will be after everything. "Nini, work hard okay? I want to be a ninang soon." Kim joked. "I'm going to miss you. I hope we can make time for each other. Visit me in Manila every once in a while or I can just visit you. Have fun in Spain and Italy." They hugged again. "We have to leave soon, our cab is waiting for us. Send me the pictures, okay? Goodbye and you guys take care always!"

 "That was the shortest week of my life, but its actually the first time I had a break from NBI. I really had fun, thanks for sharing that with me." Kim shared.

"Here," Gerald handed her a napkin to wipe away the tears in her eyes. "sorry, I don't have a handkerchief."

"It's okay. Thanks. Back to reality tomorrow." Kim said, referring to the following day they have to go back to work.

Gerald laughed, "I know they'll be jealous just by seeing how tan we are now. I had a lot of fun too, thanks for the trip Kim."

"No problem."

On the plane ride they both slept and were energized enough to stay up and talk while driving home. "I'm still high from that vacation. Too bad we didn't get to see the Underground River, but the beach was enough, it had a calming effect." Gerald said to Kim, who he didn't notice fell asleep. "Oh well," he said to himself as he stifled a laughter. He was also pretty tired himself.

Watching her small figure sleeping right across him helped him stay awake. Oh, she was beautiful. He needed to calm down and breathe.

Why am I feeling this way? He asked himself.

He was afraid to wake her up as he parked in front of her house. She was so peaceful and he wanted a few more seconds to watch her. After a while of staring, he lightly shook her shoulders and called her name. She slowly moved and pressed her hand against her small face and yawned. "I'm sorry. Are we here?" She asked with her eyes closed."

"Yes." No, he wanted to answer so he could look at her for a few more seconds. "I'll go down and help you with the bags."

 

"Kim..." He called to her as she was walking in.

She stepped forward and walked closer to him, "Huh?"

"Thank you again. Bye." He kissed her on the cheeks and hurriedly left before she could see his flushing face, even in the dark.

Kim just smiled and felt her cheeks get warm. "Bye..." She said, even if Gerald was already gone.

 

Ooh. Is it real or just a crush? I hear the song in my head... Yes, I'm weird. Try to update later. Gotta catch some zzzzs! *Sobs* school starts tomorrow since it's already 12 something in the morning :|

At least, there's ASAP and Isla on Sundays then some Gwenbbie kilig on school days.