Joy and Peace

Mission: Possible

Trying to post as much as I can before school starts again!

 

Kim was not disappointed with her plans. She had convinced Steve to let Gerald take a week off without begging and she had an to the wedding. Later that Saturday, Gerald is supposed to pick her up and they will arrive in Palawan, in paradise. The wedding will take place the following weekend but Kim wanted to come early to give her friend moral support in case she was having cold feet and also to celebrate her last few days as a single lady.

The trip from Manila to Palawan will last for an hour and five minutes and from there, they will travel to El Nido.

Kim was waiting outside with her luggage when Gerald arrived. Fortunately, the traffic was not too bad and they got to the airport earlier than expected. They checked in their bags and boarded the plane. As soon as they were comfortable, Gerald thanked Kim. "Hey, thanks for the vacation."

"Don't worry. Thanks for agreeing to be with me."

 

Melissa, Kim's bestfriend welcomed them at the airport and drove to the resort. She showed them around the island before they ate dinner. "Kimmy! I've missed you. You look so gorgeous! Hi Gerald, I'm Melissa, Kim's BFF." She shook his hand and turned back her attention to Kim. "Girl, I haven't seen you since the reunion! How time flies, look at you."

"I've been good. The tan looks good on you. I'm sure you'll be stunning on your wedding day. You'll be glowing!" The old friends hugged and they walked to the restaurant. "Melissa, where's Jake? You should tell him to come so he could meet Gerald." Kim looked at him eating quietly. "Speak up, Andy. Melissa doesn't bite." She joked. "Don't be shy."

"Well, Jake is sleeping, but I can call Rayver. I know he's out somewhere playing basketball by himself."

"No, its okay. You guys can catch up, I'll listen." He finally said.

"Are you sure?" Melissa questioned him. He nodded, "Well, okay. We're gonna be here 'til they close."

They chatted for a good two hours as if they were never apart. Gerald sat there quietly, occasionaly playing with his phone.

 

"Goodnight Mel. I'll see you tomorrow!" Kim kissed her on the cheek. She turned to Gerald who was opening his room. "Andy, are you sleepy?"

"Not really." Gerald replied.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I just missed her... a lot."

"It's okay." He smiled.

"You want to take a walk on the beach with me? I kinda want to relax."

After placing their things in the room, Kim knocked on Gerald's door. "Are you ready?" She asked. She changed into shorts and a white tank top, while Gerald had a white shirt and surf shorts. The cool breeze coming from the sea and the sound of the waves relaxed their mind as they took a walk. "This is what I call life." Kim commented.

Gerald looked at her and then at the dark water. "It's beautiful. Serene and refreshing."

Kim closed her eyes and laid on the sand. "Thanks for coming. I feel really safe being with you."

"Thanks for inviting me." He replied as he laid right beside her, watching the stars and the thin slice of the moon. He smiled at himself, remembering memories from his childhood. He closed his eyes, unaware Kim was watching him.

"What are you thinking about, Ge?" She asked.

"Hmm?" He asked as he sat up.

"I asked you what you were thinking about. I saw you smile."

"Oh, that. I just remembered when I was a kid, I loved to look at the sky at night. I would always camp out in the backyard in my tent with my dad. I used to want to catch a shooting star." They looked up at the sky, but there was no shooting star. "Did you know they fall everyday? Even when the sun is up, we are just unaware of it." He shared.

"That's a nice fact to know." Kim replied. "I want to go swimming right now."

Gerald stood up and pulled her. "Let's go!"

They took a dip in the warm water and made sure they stayed in the shallow area, constantly splashing each other in the face. They did not care about anything else at the moment, but just to have fun and take away the stress.

As they ran to their rooms, they regretted not bringing towels. "Thanks for tonight Gerald." Kim said and he just smiled.

 

The next day, Gerald finally met Jake and they got along just fine. The two decided to leave the girls alone to pamper themselves while they played basketball with Rayver.

At the spa, Kim and Melissa were able to talk. "Kimmy, is Gerald someone special?" She grilled her.

"No, he's just a really good friend and he's my partner." Kim answered casually. "I don't like him in a romantic way that you're thinking Mel." She laughed.

"Hey, Enchong is coming with his girlfriend Erich." She informed Kim.

"And?" Kim raised an eyebrow. "Enchong and I were never an item. We were really good friends until he decided that he liked me. I didn't want to avoid him, but we were in high school, I didn't know how to take guys down unlike what I do now." Kim joked.

"How's your job?" Melissa asked. "Doesn't it scare you?"

"Well, not really. Not until recently when I got an anonymous text."

"Oh my gosh! Be careful, friend. Anyways, I got the whole week planned out. We can visit the Underground River, go snorkeling and island hopping. I want to enjoy Philippine's treasures, you know. That's why I chose the wedding to be here. Jake was hesitant at first but then I told him that two NBI agents are coming and I also convinced him because I told him there will be no wedding unless its here." She laughed.

"I would think that as a threat, but it did work. You go girl!"

"Miss Melissa, someone is looking for you and Miss Kim." Laila, one of the spa employees informed  them.

"Who is it Laila?" Kim asked.

"It's Maja. She said that she's your cousin, Miss Kim."

Kim was surprised, "Is she on the phone?"

"No, Miss Kim. She's outside, at the lobby."

The two hurried to the lobby and they saw Maja wearing sunglasses and a sundress. "Maj? I thought you didn't want to come 'til the wedding?" Melissa asked, giving her a hug.

"I miss my girlies. Mama Petula told me Kim left and I wanted to join your girls' day/night out."

"Rayver is here." Melissa said.

"What is up with you and telling us about that stuff?" Kim laughed.

Melissa giggled. "Nothing. I just want to update you guys. Hey, Ray is single."

"Nini talaga." Maja said as she shook her head. "Let's celebrate your remaining days as a single lady before you get stuck with Jake forever or I can call one of your ex before you say 'I do' if you want me to." Maja winked.

Kim felt satisfied. She loved what she was feelling. She was glad to be reunited with the people she loves and she knew for a fact, loved her. The happiness that she gets with the simple pleasures in life is uncomparable to anything. She was glad that her life is going to where she wanted it. All she wanted is to experience joy and peace and she was experiencing just that in Palawan. Free of worries, commitments and most of all, danger.