Invites

Mission: Possible

The church wedding that Kim and Gerald hoped to have has been pushed off, not just once but three times. First because they were prioritizing the babies, second they had to finish paying off the house and the third and final reason was they  were waiting for the kids to grow up a little bit more, so they could participate on the special day they have been awaiting for eight years.

Kiara and Gabriel have just turned seven and have started first grade.

The years have just made Kim glow even more, with the love and happiness she receives from her family, there's no doubt about it.

As she made her way outside the gate of the pre-school, she heard Gabriel calling her, "Mommy! Mommy!" He screamed. She thought that she was imagining things because there would be no reason for him to be there and most of the kids have left. She heard him call again and she noticed him across the street, waving energetically as he held Gerald's left hand and carried the sleepy Kiara on the other arm. Kim kissed her babies, including Gerald. She grabbed Gabriel's hand as she asked, "What's the occasion? I wasn't expecting for the kids to be here. I was about to call you."

"Well, there's a surprise waiting for you in the house," Gerald said and didn't give any more hints, though Kim was persistent.

She waited impatiently in the front seat, while Gerald held her hand. "I know I've told you many times that patience is a virtue, but just tell me! I'm dying to know!" Kim said excitedly.

Gerald parked the car and stopped Kim before she rushed out. "Stay here, let me blindfold you and don't look!" She glared at him, "I know you're thinking about it, Mrs. Anderson!" He tied the handkerchief loosely around her head and asked the maids to help him bring the kids down. The garage door opened and he counted, "Three. Now, take it off."

"What's in the garage?" Kim wondered, seeing nothing out of order.

Gerald offered his hand, "Shall we come in and see?"

Kim checked all the cabinets. "Seriously, what are you planning Gerald Anderson?" Her eyes widened when she saw a fancy envelope on the saw table and read the embossed names on the card. She kissed Gerald, "Oh my gosh!"

"Well, our deal was when the kids would be old enough to walk down the aisle and be our little ring bearer and flower girl. I'm just fulfilling my promise to you that we will have a church wedding when I proposed, just a few years delayed." He laughed.

"How many of these do you have?" She inquired about the invitation in her hand.

"Enough to give it out to the people we agreed to be in our wedding, we can send out more if you want. I have the list."

"I really don't care, as long as you're there, I will be the happiest bride!" Kim beamed.

 

*******

 

"I want the gown to be simple, but elegant," Kim reminded Melissa as they to another wedding boutique, "those designers are really pretty, but I would want something that's me. I don't want to be extravagant."

Mel let out an exasperated sigh, "Kimmy, Kimmy, it's your special day! Remember on my wedding day I spent so much time trying to look as expensive as a diamond!"

"You weren't a mom then, that's our difference!" Kim laughed.

"Nothing has changed. Look at you, you still have your figure. Don't let your Maid of Honor be prettier than you." She joked.

"Well, my Maid of Honor is naturally pretty even with four kids!"

"Humor me, Kim!" Answered Mel. "Don't even remind of those little brats! I left them with their father! I wonder if the house is still up. The last time I left was a disaster. He lets them do anything!"

"Well, I don't know what they're doing, with Gerald and the kids there too, but let's enjoy this girls' day out. We never have this anymore, I miss it."

"Same here girlfriend! Now, we would find that perfect dress!"

 

Melissa convinced Kim to come to a gown designer so she can choose every little detail that she wants and doesn't want on her gown. Something unique, sophisticated and y. Kim was measured and she tried on different gowns to see which kind of fit would fit her body the best. As they discussed the designs and looked at the catalogue, Kim got a call from Gerald.

She stood up and walked a few feet away while as she answered, "Hey, baby. How are the kids?"

"They're asleep. Everyone's asleep including Jake. He was begging me earlier to call you and Melissa to come home so she can tell the kids to stop, but I said to let you girls be while you have a nice day out." Gerald chuckled, "That's what he gets for spoiling the kids. How's your day going?"

"It's going good. I missed having an alone time with Mel, talking about the kids and the boys. You know, usual girly things. My day would have been better if you and the kids were here though. It's all good. We neeed to miss each other once in a while or your face will get boring and your jokes will get old." Kim laughed on the other line while Gerald gasped.

He tried to sound hurt, "My jokes do not get old. You laugh at them all the time!"

"Sure, because their lame and you're too adorable."

"My mom called earlier and she said that she already got the invitation and their coming home right away to help with the preparations. She even joked about how you might get the cold feet."

"What if I do?" Kim asked seriously before she busted up laughing. "I can't back out now, we've been married and it's sorta like a renewal of vows so to say."

"If you back out, it's no problem. You're already my wife."

"Baby, I have to go. They need me now. I love you! Bye."

"I love you too, babe."

Gerald hung up and placed his phone back in his pocket. Time flew by so fast. His mind was flooded with the memories of the times he spent with Kim, from his first day of work, vacation with Kim, making things official and starting a family with her. In a few weeks, their church wedding will finally take place for formality purposes and also to keep his promise to Kim that he will give her a very sacred and beautiful church wedding that their children will get to partake.

It's better late than never, he thought. Cliche, but who cares? He certainly didn't give a damn what anybody else thought.

He is content, actually more than content, he is extremely grateful that Kim and him did not give up through the hard times and remained strong. The kids are their ultimate joy and they are planning to have more in the near future. The more the merrier. He definitely want more boys, but if they have more girls, it wouldn't be bad if they would take after their mother.

He laughed at himself. What Kim has been saying is true. He is mushier than her.

He will make sure that their wedding day will be extremely special and unique. It will be more than she has expected and nothing like she had imagined it. He had the perfect plan.

 

Ending my story soon. But don't worry guys, I have a lot more and I continue to get ideas everyday. I'm just writing them down one at a time para hindi pressured at walang writer's block. I will finish them before posting, well maybe except sa FG. and I'm trying to expand my vocabulary pa din. Baka next time in Tagalog pa! Joke, hirap nun! Anyways, I'm also reading a lot, especially love stories din para I know how and also KGFFs kaya kisay kisay :D

Xoxo-char <3