Thank You

Mission: Possible

I'm starting to write better now (I think), the dragging part is OVER :D LET"S GET SOME ACTION GOING! 10 days 'til Summer, but I'm getting a job for the first time, even though my dad says I'm too young to work. I wanna save up money so I won't have to bug them for my wants (shopping, sports stuff etc) and hopefully a plane ticket to Pinas for 2012 =)

 

Kim woke up in the middle of the night. Her dream was vivid; she had dreamt that she came with her sister and mom. She was in the car crash with them, but they still ended up dead and her alive. She stood up to get a glass of water and she noticed Gerald was sleeping on the floor, in a sitting position. She woke him up before getting water.

"Are you okay?" Were his first words.

Kim nodded. She was sweating, "I just need to get a glass of water."

He sat her on the bed and insisted he would get the water for her. While she waited, she tried laying on the bed, but sleep would not come to her. Noticing the clock on the bedside, she looked at it and checked the time. It read 5:28 AM. She did not know the time they got home. All she remembers is that Gerald gave her a piggy back ride home. I must have fallen asleep on his back, she thought. With a tall glass of water, he came back. "Thank you." Kim whispered.

He sat on the bed next to her, "You should finish that and go back to sleep." He suggested. She told him that she had already tried and it did not work. "Do you want to talk about it?" He questioned.

She shook her head. "Can we please go to the beach and watch the sunrise?" She asked.

They took the short path that lead to the beach, walking slowly in close proximity. As they neared the shore, Gerald grabbed Kim's waist and lifted up her legs, carrying her bridal style. "Gerald, what are you doing?"

He did not reply, but smiled. He then placed her on the sand where the waves meet the sea. He sat next to her and placed an arm around her. She rested her head on his broad shoulders and got comfortable. They fit perfectly to one another. They looked peaceful and Gerald was content that he can make her feel safe.

Kim did not care anymore. She needed someone to hold her and stay with her. Gerald was the perfect person to comfort her. He does not judge, he cares for her and the most important of all he loves her.

He loves her.

She has never felt loved in a while. After her parents split up and her mother and sister died in the tragic accident, she had put up walls and refrained herself from feeling anything. The walls slowly crumbled down as she recovered and some of her family helped her. Meeting new friends, especially Gerald helped her tear the walls down also.

She was just not ready for relationships, she was terrified to be hurt.

"Kim, are you okay?" She hasn't realized that her eyes have been closed for the whole time. She smiled at him, a sudden breeze caused her hair to fly all over but her face. Gerald thought she looks radiant. Stressed, but still beautiful.

"Yes, I'm just thinking. I don't know." She paused and thought for a while. "What if I just quit NBI and look for a job where I'm safe, make enough money and most especially, where I am happy. Or maybe I can set-up a business. I think I want to move back here, where I spent my childhood."

"That's a good idea." Gerald nodded. "I should probably asked to be re-assigned here." He suggested with a smirk.

"Hmm?"

"You know, so I can still take care of you." His eyes glowed and his boyish grin appeared.

 

As they walked hand-in-hand, Kim asked, "Would you really go all the way here just to make sure I'm okay? What if Tito Steve says either quit or stay in Manila?"

"Well, I'll quit." He placed their joined hands on his cheek. "Anything for you, to make sure you're okay. I really think... wait let me rephrase that..."

"I really know that I've fallen for you... hard. I just hope it won't change anything Kim." He was afraid of being too forward of course, but he wanted her to know of his real intentions as early as possible.

She smiled, giving him hope. "Don't worry, it won't. I don't know what else to say other than... Thank you Gerald."

"Thank you." She repeated. "Hey when's your flight back to Manila?"

"It's this Thursday. It went by pretty fast didn't it? I hope you'll have time to think while I'm gone. I won't be here to distract you."

She pouted, "Who said you distracted me? Andy, stop being mushy! It's weird on a big guy like you." Kim poked him.

"I love you." He smiled.

"You're mushy, but I like it. Say it again, please?"

"What?"

"Nevermind. I just felt special for a while." She started walking a couple of steps ahead of him.

He caught up to her, hugging her from behind. In her ear, he whispered. "I love you, Kim. I love you, I love you, I love you."

She turned around and blank-faced, she asked, "Do you want to hear my response?"