The Visitor

Mission: Possible

 

Kim came down to open the door, seeing her grandma in front of her house with a cab parked right beside her. "Kimberly, my beautiful apo that looks like her lola." She grabbed Kim's face and kissed her on the cheeks, "How are you, my Kimmy?"

She smiled, "Surprised, but happy you're here Mama Pet. Good thing I'm still here. My car broke down so I don't have a ride."

Her grandma hugged her, "You still use that crap you're worthless father gave you? Why don't you buy a new one? It’s old. You're mother will be disappointed if she knows." They went in the house and placed the bags off to the side. Kim didn't reply to the comment about her mother.

"Are you hungry, Mama Pet? I just woke up. I can make breakfast; I don't think they'll mind that I'm late. I have the perfect excuse," She went around the kitchen and hugged her grandma, "the coolest and the best lola is here." She winked.

After eating and cleaning up, Kim received a call from Gerald volunteering to pick her up due to her car problems. "Hey, can you tell them I'll come in after lunch, my lola is here and I want to help her get settled and just hang out with her for a bit. Do you think Tito Steve will mind?"

"Pssh, if it was me yes, but you... I don't think so. He likes you more than me!" He joked. "I'll tell him. He said we're not going anywhere today, just talking about a new mission if we get to it. He has some things going on to. So do you still want the ride I offered you? Just call me when and I'll be there."

Kim agreed, "As long as you're not forced then sure. I'll give you a call. Thanks, Gerald." She hung up and looked at her grandma who was looking at her as if she was in trouble.

"That was a boy, huh, Kimmy?" She asked as Kim sat by her, pinching her on the sides.

"Mama Pet, that was just my partner. He was asking if I needed a ride. Chill." Kim said as she took a big bite from her sandwich.

 

Once Kim was all dressed up, Mama Pet turned her around and said, "My goodness, Kim! I never would have thought you'll go into this risky NBI business. You've always wanted to be a teacher and teach all the little kids."

"Well you know Mama Pet, I still teach... I teach those bad guys not to do all the things they do because no matter where they hide, I'll catch them." She winked. "Have you seen my gun?" She laughed at her grandmother's expression. "Just kidding, I keep it in a safe place."

Her grandma smiled, "Oh you, come over here and give Mama Pet some lovin'." She said as she pulled Kim into a tight hug.

 

"Are you sure you're going to be fine by yourself Mama Pet?" Kim asked for the nth time before hopping on to Gerald's SUV. Her grandma nodded, "If you need anything call me okay? I love you, I'll be home early." She sent a flying kiss and hopped on.

"Bye apo, bye mister cutie NBI!" Mama Pet waved and walked inside when Kim and Gerald drove off.

"You're grandma seems cool, I like her." Gerald commented as he put on his aviators that went well with his face and made him look even more masculine. "How does she take that her only granddaughter is part of NBI?" Kim made a face, "I'm guessing not too well, huh?"

"Well, you know. Everyone likes to see their granddaughter holding guns and running after the hooligans." Kim said sarcastically, "I used to want to be a teacher... but that's another story to tell." Kim said as she hopped out of the car. "So, is today a so-so day? I want some blood and action!" She laughed.

"Oh, Kim. You amaze me. You're always thirsty for some blood."

 

They were in a closed room meeting with Steve and all the other NBI agents that will take part on their next mission. Everyone was silent and listening at his directions. Kim and Gerald sat side-by-side trying to absorb every word he was saying and looking at the folder given to them with all the rest of the information. It was a big case, perhaps one of the biggest they got the whole year. It needed a lot of planning and undercover work, Kim's best area. "Sir, how long do we have before they smuggle all of those people and drugs? Do we have all the details?" She asked, wanting to get this job done immediately and put those wrongdoers into jail where they belong.

Gerald looked at Kim and saw her willingness, determination and especially her dauntlessness. She is an extraordinary woman.

"Anderson, are you paying attention?" Steve asked.

"Sir, yes, sir!" He lied. Kim looked at him and smiled, knowing he was daydreaming and he smiled back at her.

"Okay, be ready everyone. We need to catch everyone without losing anyone. We can all do this with teamwork. Dismissed."

As they all walked outside, Kim ran up to Gerald and nudged him. "What was that all about? Daydreaming, eh?"

"I was just amazed. When will I get used to this? You, woman. You're so brave."

"Do I make you feel like a wuss, Anderson?" She smirked.

"Seriously? You kinda do. Man, I'd be scared to have you as my girlfriend. You'd probably shoot me into million pieces and send my chopped body parts if you ever catch me with someone." He joked.

She laughed, "Probably not sell, shoot to million pieces... that's likely."

 "See! Amazon woman, you're freakishly brave. Want to go home now or want to go some place? By the way, I got my friend to tow your car this morning and he's fixing the problem. He said it’s something with your carburator and some other parts."

"How much will it cost?"

"Don't worry I took care of it."

"Andy! You could have told me? How much did you pay for it?" She pinched him on the side and found out he was ticklish. "Tell me, now!"

"Chewy, I didn't pay one penny, now stop tickling me." He pleaded, gasping for air. He poked her in the armpit and she laughed, "That’s for revenge!"

"So?" She asked as they were both breathing stably after tickling each other.

"Don't worry its free. My friend is fine with it, he's like my brother. He said it'll be done by the day after tomorrow so I'll just pick you up and drop you off."

 "Thanks, partner." She said putting an arm around his neck.

Aaron, one of their co-agents saw Kim's affectionate move and teased them, "Kim, did you realize you actually have feelings for your partner Anderson right there?"

"Shut up, Dela Cruz! I'm just thanking him for the ride!" She stuck her tongue out. "Gerald, give me a piggy back ride home!" Kim laughed as she hopped onto his back.

 

"Do you want to come down and eat with us?" Kim asked Gerald as they stopped in front of his house. "My grandma is the best cook! Just so I can thank you for punishing you and giving me a ride to and from work."

"Maybe some other day, but I'd love to though. My brother and I are having dinner together."

"Okay, hey thanks for the ride again. See you tomorrow, partner." She waved and walked inside.

Kim walked in the house and smelled home cooked meal she hasn't tasted in a while. "Mama Pet, I'm home. What's cooking y grandma?" She opened the pots and was not disappointed in what she saw and smelled, "Adobo, caldereta and sinigang na baboy. Finally, food other than fast food and restaurants. You should live with me Mama Pet."

"Why didn't you invite mister cutie to have dinner with us, Kimmy? I thought he gives you a ride home?" She asked, changing the subject.

"He's having dinner with his brother, he said. I might be gone for a few days Mama Pet. We have a new mission and I need to go undercover.

She looked at Kim; worry was evident in her eyes. Worrying that something could go wrong to her only granddaughter she loved dearly. "You take care okay, Kimmy? I want you to always look after yourself." After a few moments of silence, she asked. "Are you going to be with cutie?"

"You mean, Gerald?" Mama Pet nodded and smiled teasingly. "Of course, he's my partner."

"As long as you're with him, I won't mind."

"Mama Pet!" Kim's eyes grew in shock. "Don't even go there... he's just my partner." She laughed.

"I'm just saying, Kimmy. Just saying."

They shared a wonderful dinner together with long conversations to make up for the lost time. Meanwhile, someone somewhere was planning on taking down NBI, hungry for revenge. He wants to make sure that the person that was responsible for breaking down their group will also be taken down. NBI wasn't aware of his existence, thinking they caught everyone who takes a part of their gang.

He looked at the photograph in front of him. He studied the person's face carefully before crumpling it and throwing it on the blazing fire in front of him.

 

And that person on the photograph is Kimberly Chiu.