Cravings and Pains

Mission: Possible

Gerald awoke without Kim by his side. He heard some noise in the kitchen of the cupboard opening and closing. He stood up to check on Kim who was now bending over in front of the fridge. "Good morning, baby!" Kim greeted him with a smile, but then her face turned sour. "Gerald Anderson, can you tell me why I can't find mangoes in the fridge?"

"Would you like some?" He asked and looked at the rainy weather outside. "It might be kinda hard to find some right  now because it's not mango season, but I'll check."

Kim beamed, "Really, baby?"

"Maybe I can get some siomai, too."

The doctor had told Gerald that Kim was going to start looking for food that may seem impossible. He has been patient with Kim and is taking real good care of her when he is not at work. He stepped outside in the pouring rain to grant his wife's wish. He smiled and laughed to himself. Where would he find mangoes at that time of day and that season? He will have to find a way to make Kim happy. Meanwhile, Kim was still at home, but she already found something that would cure her cravings: peanut butter and apples.

Later that noon, Gerald came home soaked from the rain and a few mangoes while he saw Kim in the kitchen preparing lunch. "What is that terrible smell, baby? Get that away from me!"

"What smell? This?" He raised the bags he was holding.

Kim covered her nose and nodded, "Oh no, I think I'm gonna puke!" She ran to the restroom quickly where Gerald followed and held her hair up for her.

"What was in the bag?" Kim asked, looking pale.

Gerald told her about the siomai he bought from her favorite place and the mangoes she requested earlier. "I think it was the siomai that made you sick. I have no idea why. You love those!"

"The doctor said something about cravings, that's probably it. Just take it out right now. I don't want to see or smell it."

He followed her orders right away and helped her clean up. He guided her to the living room where she sat comfortably on the couch.

"Do you want me to get the mango for you?"

"No, I don't want it anymore." Kim said nonchalantly.

Gerald laughed instead of being furious after spending half a day looking for the fruit Kim wanted. He loves her so much he would do anything that makes her happy. Kim looked at him weirdly seeing him laugh by himself.

She furrowed her eyebrows, which created a cute little wrinkle on her forehead he grew to adore. "Have you gone mad? Did I marry a psycho?" She managed to joke.

"I do think I'm crazy." Gerald replied, putting an arm around Kim. "Crazy in love with you."

Kim felt cozy with his arms around her. She feels so lucky to have Gerald by her side through her hardships. This pregnancy is probably the hardest challenge she has to go through in life. Realizing she has more to take care of. A fragile little being whose life depends on her. She will have to be responsible for everything. He lessens her worries and comforts her every way that he can and encourages her that they can do it together.

 

In the middle of the night, Gerald would hear Kim whimper from pain or discomfort. "Baby, what's wrong? Where does it hurt?" He would often times wake up and give her a massage. He knew she was tired and uncomfortable and he could do nothing to help her. It's not like he could carry the baby for her when he wants to alleviate her pain.

"I'm so sorry. Just a few more months, Kim."

"It's okay, as long as you're always there to hold me in the middle of the night and kiss me to make me feel better." She replied.

He kissed her on her stomach, "I'll be here every step of the way. I married you and I will be with you for as long as I live. I will devote my life as a faithful husband and a great father to our future children."

"I'm really lucky I met someone like you. I love you, Gerald Anderson."

"I love you too."

Gerald saw pain and Kim groaned. "Oh, what is it now? Do you want me to bring you to the hospital?"

"No, I'm fine." Kim giggled. "The baby just kicked! Touch it."

Gerald placed his hand on her bare stomach and started feeling the kicks. It was the first time he felt it and it was his first realization that something wonderful is really growing inside of Kim. His child with Kim that they created from the love they share. "I'm going to be a daddy." He started talking to Kim's stomach. "I'm going to see you tomorrow, baby. Mommy and daddy will finally get to meet you and this time see your face." It was going to be their first ultrasound and they chose to see the 3D image of their baby.

"I'm really excited for tomorrow. I bet the baby is too, that's why it won't stop kicking."

They looked at each other, love in their eyes. They kissed passionately, as passionate as the first time their lips united.

 

The next day at the hospital, everything was calm except the kicking in Kim's stomach which she concluded was the source of pain in her abdomen.

Gerald placed her on a wheelchair as soon as they arrived and did not let her use an ounce of energy.

The doctor welcomed them warmly as they got ready to see the sonogram. He squeezed the cool jelly from the tube onto Kim's belly. He placed the little gadget that showed the image on the screen. "Look at your babies." He smiled, "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, you're having twins."

Kim and Gerald looked at each other, amazed and then looked on at the screen again.

"Wow, twins. That's a big responsibility." Kim said.

The doctor smiled, "As a first time mom, you might be worried and doubting yourself, but every mom has gone through that phase. It's perfectly normal." She told Kim how she is a mother of three and has gone through it on her first two children.

"Ouch," Kim whined.

"What is it?" The doctor  and Gerald asked worriedly.

Kim pointed to where she was feeling the pain. "It hurts right here."

The doctor placed the device just where Kim pointed, Gerald looked on worrying for his wife and children.

"What is it, doc?"

The doctor was shocked, "I have to consult the other doctors, please remain calm and we'll tell you after we find out what it is."

 

Another short, but sweet update =)