Fainting Spells

Mission: Possible

Kim decided to sell her house to buy a different one by the pre-school she was going to teach at. It's been almost three months since Gerald left but the last time she heard from him was the last letter he'd sent. She was curious why he wasn't contacting her, but she knew he might be overwhelmed enough with what's going on with his family.

Her new house is more modern and smaller than her old one. She figured she doesn't really need that large of a space especially if she's living all by herself. She hired packers and movers so it would be easier for her and she also got help from her friends.

She was expecting Melissa that afternoon who asked her to come to the hospital with her to get checked. While Kim stood in the kitchen fixing the plates, she heard Mel call her. "Out here in the back!" Kim yelled.

"Let's go?" Her friend asked.

As they walked outside, Kim looked at the house and smiled. She wished Gerald was with her right now.

At the hospital, they waited for about half an hour in the waiting room. It was a hot summer day and even though the airconditioner was , they were still sweating. "I hope they call us soon." Said the very much pregnant Melissa who was on the fifth month of her second child.

"Good thing we didn't bring Alyssa with us, she would have been complaining like her mother!" Kim commented and Melissa glared at her.

The nurse called Melissa's name afterwards and the two ladies stood up to follow her. Kim started to feel nauseous, "I'm just going to the restroom."

Melissa saw her friend's pale face and soon, Kim fainted.

"Hey sleepy head! Thanks for fainting on the pregnant lady. Good thing we're at the hospital or else..." Melissa stopped, "Are you feeling better? Don't tell me you're sick!"

"I don't think so, but after my graduation I just don't feel all that well in the morning."

Melissa's eyes widened. "Oh no! I know what's wrong with you!"

"What?" Kim asked.

She walked beside Kim and said, "Honey, it's called lovesickness. You obviously miss your fiance too much! Duh!"

"Good theory but no." The doctor behind them cleared his throat. "And if it is lovesickness, we can't prescribe any medicine from the pharmacy." He joked. "What you're experiencing is normal Ms. Chiu, but I don't think that the fainting is regular. Maybe you should stop stressing yourself too much, it's bad for the baby."

"What?" Kim and Melissa both yelled.

"Yes, you're three and a half months pregnant based on the tests that we have conducted on you. Congratulations. I'll leave you two pregnant ladies to celebrate. The nurse will give you the prescription for pre-natal medicine."

When the doctor exited, Kim was still in shock. "You really didn't know?"

"No," she replied. "my tummy's going to grow soon. That explains the weight gain and everything else." She smiled, "I'm pregnant Melissa... with Gerald's baby! Our baby! Oh, I can't wait to tell him!"

"Yes, yes you are."

 

************************

 

Kim was so tired. She survived the first week of school, but she was tired from standing up and her ankles were swollen, her lower back hurts and she misses Gerald. She had already e-mailed him the great news, but he still hasn't replied.

Her phone was on the nightstand and it started to ring. She carefully stood up and and grabbed the phone. It was an unknown number. "Kim, it's me Gerald! I'm sorry I just called. My dad is fine now, he's at home and doing well."

"Well, I think you took great care of him that's why. How have you been?" Kim asked. "Have you checked your e-mail?"

"I've been really good!" Gerald hesitated, "Umm... no, why? I missed you so much baby that I had to hear your voice before I could do anything else. I really want to see you now."

Kim laughed, "You're still adorable! I miss you so much. I have something to tell you then..."

"Why don't you tell me in person then? I'll hang up now." Gerald said.

"No, no... not yet!"

"Just go outside your house Kim. Tell me in person."

Kim laughed, "You are not outside my house! You won't know where I live. I just moved."

"Oh, sure I do. Just come outside baby, you'll see."

Kim followed Gerald's orders and went outside. There she saw Gerald holding a bouquet of roses and a pink balloon. He handed her the flower, "This is for you and the balloon is for our baby. I'm really sorry I was gone for a long time. I hope you understand." His eyes became misty and he came down to her belly, "Baby, daddy is here now and I'm here to take care of you and mommy." He looked at Kim and saw her smile. He then cupped her face and kissed her. "I really, really missed you. As soon as my dad gets better they will all fly out here to see you personally and we should have a court wedding as soon as possible. I can't wait to make you officially my wife!"

"This is surreal!" Kim said. "I was just on the phone with you and now you're back and I don't have to count the days anymore."

"I know, I know. Thanks to Melissa and Jake. When I read your e-mail I flew here right away and went to your old house, but I couldn't find you anywhere and I asked them for help."

"That's my bestfriend! She never tells me anything anymore! Oh, that woman!" Gerald laughed at Kim. "I love you baby!"

"I love you too baby and the other baby in the tummy!" He said as he caressed Kim's stomach.