Bothered

Mission: Possible

Five weeks left! Ahhh! Stressed because of projects & tests! Yay to summer! I loved Gwen/Celine scene. Kim was amazing!

The plane touched down smoothly. Kim and Gerald have reached the Mactan Airport safely and were walking outside, the warm weather and the cool breeze touching their skins. "Mar should be around here somewhere," Kim said, "he texted that he's parked by the exit. Try looking for a gray car."

Gerald tried to look for a gray car, but was out of luck, there was a gray car but a woman appeared to be in it. "I only see one gray car, Kim." He pointed at the car, Kim was delighted and started walking towards the car. "Kim, wait! Where are you going?" He asked, grabbing her hand.

"That's Marlo!" Kim smiled as she stopped. "C'mon, Andy I'll introduce you to him." He followed, pushing a cart full of luggages.

Coming down the car, dressed in a tiered skirt and a ruffled white top was Marlo who was introduced as Marla. "I'm so glad to meet you, Gerald." He said in a high-pitched, girly voice, shaking his hand.

"I sort of didn't tell Gerald about the whole Marla situation beforehand." Kim said, giggling when they were driving to Marla's house. "You don't mind, do you?" She turned to Gerald.

"Certainly not. I have nothing against..." He paused.

"Gays?" Kim filled in for him. "Don't worry, he or rather she is not sensitive about those kind of stuff. Right, Mar?" She smiled at Gerald, who was sitting in the back seat.

When they arrived at the house, Kim and Gerald had some time alone when Marla left to grab some food for them to eat. "Kim, to be honest with you, when you said Marlo, I was expecting someone burly with a deep voice." He smirked.

"I know what that's called." Kim placed her hand on her hip, "I think someone's jealous!" She spun with her eyes closed and when she opened them, Gerald was now standing close to her. Only inches apart and no one to interrupt, they could do whatever they please in the room that they have to share for two weeks. Kim stepped back to give a little more distance in between them, a little uncomfortable of their position. When she took the last step she intended on taking, she tripped over her other foot and would have landed on her .

Gerald, swift with his movements, prevented the fall by wrapping his arms around her small waist firmly. Marla came back and went straight to their room after, catching them in an awkward position. He cleared his throat to get their attention. Kim was quick to be back on her feet while Gerald slowly regained his balance.

"I already set up the table and the food's warm and ready. There's lechon Cebu, siomai, rice and soup. Let's eat before they get cold." Marla smiled knowingly at Kim, noticing her blushed cheeks.When Gerald was out of sight, he nudged Kim and pulled her aside. "Is he?" His eyebrows raised. He was intrigued by Kim's company, however, he liked him a lot for his friend.

"He's a co-worker and a friend and..." She did not finish her sentence.

"And?" Marla interrogated.

Gerald appeared, "Guys, let's eat?"

"And he's standing right behind you." She whispered. "I'll tell you later."

 

They spent the afternoon hanging out, resting and having conversations. Kim shared her previous encounter with syndicates and being kidnapped. "It's a good thing they didn't try to do anything to you, hon!" Marla said. "If that was me, I'd let them do whatever they want. They can me for all I care!" He joked and Gerald could not control his laughter causing the soda he was drinking to go up and out his nose.

Kim grabbed a napkin and started wiping his face. "Look what you did, Mar." She laughed. "Now Gerald has officialy gone cuckoo. And he's still laughing."

"Sorry, sorry. That was way too funny for me." He said when he caught his breath. "That's something one of my gay friends would say."

Marla's eyes grew wide, "Oh no! Gerald, don't tell me." His hand was over his slightly opened mouth.

"No, no, it's not like that. I am not gay at all, no offense meant to you of course."

"Whew!" He flipped his hand in the air, as if to wipe an imaginary sweat on his forehead. "You got me worried there for a bit. I don't want the hot male population to go down, that's like depriving women and women-at-heart like me of oxygen!"

"Like what happened to you?" Kim teased.

 

After a few more hours, they decided to come in and go into their respective rooms. Kim and Gerald took turns in the bathroom, changing and doing their nightly rituals. A huge bed was in the guest bedroom that could fit about four people. Gerald waited for Kim to be done while he sat on the bed watching a basketball game, eventually falling asleep. Kim came out hearing Gerald snoring lightly. She just got done taking a shower and she had nothing on except for her robe and the towel on her head. She tried not to make noise as she dug in her luggage looking for something to wear.

After changing, she applied lotion on her creamy white skin, making it glow slightly. The door opened very quietly and Marla peeked in and mouthed good night.

The television was still and Gerald held the remote in his hand. Kim was very careful not to wake him, she successfully grabbed the remote control from him and changed the channel. She settled watching the news to help her fall asleep, but instead of sleep coming to her, memories filled her head as she saw the date flash on the screen. September 26, 2013. Tomorrow is one of her most dreaded days. Only four or five years have passed and she tried to forget what happened, but it still lingers vividly in her head. She pushed the thought aside, tomorrow would be a better day to think about it.

The thought of having to sleep with the opposite , Gerald, in the same bed suddenly became the least of her worries. She knew he would do no harm to her. Her fears and insecurities overwhelmed her. She had been fine all these years, but the series of events have drained her optimism. The next worst thing that's going to happen would be for her to bump into her father, but that was impossible. He is all the way in Manila, he wouldn't have any business in Cebu.

That night Kim only had a few hours of rest. She knew she has a lot more to worry about than what she thought at first.