Support

Mission: Possible

Gerald woke up with a heavy feeling on his chest, making his breathing a little harder. He opened his eyes and saw Kim wearing a loose white shirt and black shorts that went up a little, showing her perfect cream-colored, flawless legs. Her head was placed on his chest and her hand was made into a fist, covering her eyes. She looked fragile to him. He didn't want to wake her, but he desperately needed to go to the bathroom. Taking her head slowly and placing it on a pillow was not an easy task, but he managed to do it. She was still sleeping when he came back out. He decided to take a shower first and wait for Kim to wake up before going outside or maybe try to get a little more sleep.

He decided to slip out of bed, as quiet and careful as he can, not wanting to make any sudden movements. He could see that Kim had trouble sleeping the night before from the dark circles that surrounded her eye.

Nobody was outside and when he went to the kitchen a note was written from Marla: Kim & Gerald, you're free to raid the house for food. I'll be back after lunch, I just have an appointment with a client.

Checking the fridge, Gerald found some eggs and hotdog. He cooked up fried rice with the leftovers in the rice cooker and the food he'd found. Kim woke up to the smell of food, feeling the hunger in her stomach and as she stood up she heard her stomach grumble. She saw Gerald wearing an apron, "I think my brain and stomach conspired so I would wake up and eat." She joked and laughed weakly.

"Hey, what's wrong Kimmy?" He placed some food on her plate and on his own. "Are you still thinking about those guys who kidnapped you? Tell me honestly, did they hurt you? Are you traumatized in any way?" His hand found its way to her back, it gently, making her feel safe.

"It has nothing to do with that or NBI. Today is just not a good day to remember... Don't worry about me. Being here just brings back a lot of good and some not-so-good memories."

"Are you sure? You know I'm just here right? I can be a shoulder to cry on." He smiled and took his hand. "Eat some more."

The two roamed around Cebu for a while, Kim seemed distant but she was glad to show Gerald what her hometown could offer. A few of her former friends and classmates recognized her and knew she wasn't up for a conversation that day. Stephanie was one of her friends who saw her and pulled her aside, "Kim, just tell me what you need while you're here. I know today's..." She stopped. "Just tell me, okay?" She pulled her friend into a comforting hug.

"Thanks, Steph. One of these days I'll come visit you."

Gerald was curious. It must have been something important. "Kim, what is today?"

 

Kim decided to finally tell him what had transpired a few years ago, after the big revelation about her father's illegitimate child and mistress. They took a seat on the sand in the beach. The colors of the sky: blue, purple and orange was mixed on the horizon. Orange being the dominant color gave off rays that made their skin appear to glow. "This is where we used to go. My family would have picnics here with my friends and their families." She started, not going into the story right away. "Those were the happy times, until... You know the rest."

"Well, today, I don't really think of this place as all fun. I know that it's filled with happy memories, but the pain still lingers. I haven't been here since that time." She thought of the last time she came and the reason she came. She closed her eyes, the images in her mind were clear.

"Mom! Please don't leave me here!" The eighteen-year-old Kim pleaded on her knees, crying. "Ate Selene, please! I'm begging you, don't leave." Tears were flowing non-stop on her cheeks. The two older Chius with their luggages walked out of the house to load the bags in the car.

"Kimberly, stand up. We'll be back." Comforted her big sister. "I'll just stay with mom and take care of her while she recovers. We'll be back, Kimmy." She smiled at Kim, for the last time.

Her mother hugged her but did not utter a word. Just tears and Kim understood that those tears meant more than words. She knew her mom was going through a lot of pain.

"I understood, but I was still hurt of course. At that moment, I despised my dad. Starting from the time that I learned about his affair, I never talked to him."

The next week, there was a big accident on the news. Kim was eating breakfast as she waited for her ride to come. Her dad haven't come home since he admitted his affair. A car with two passengers, both females crashed and went under a big rig. The car was travelling at the right speed, until the SUV behind it hit the bumper at a fast speed and pushed the car to the other street, cars going the opposite direction.

"Two female bodies were identified. They were brought to the hospital, but were repoorted dead on arrival. If you know the passesngers of this car please call the number flashing on the screen." The names of the victims were not announced, but the car's plate number was and it sent Kim on her knees.

The people in the vehicle were her sister and mom.

"Oh Kim!" Gerald exclaimed, pulling her close to him. "Today was that day, isn't it? I never should have forced you." He felt guilty, ashamed and most of all, he felt Kim's pain. He felt bad that he could not help her, other than to comfort her with words and her presence.

Kim sobbed, "When I was kidnapped, I just wished that they'll shoot me so I can be with my family. But I knew that my mom and sister would not like that."

"Gerald, please stay with me here. I want to stay here for a while. This is where I brought their ashes." Her eyes were pleading. He agreed, he would stay with her as long as she wanted.

She looked miserable, like a lost child. He kissed her forehead to comfort her.

The night was cold, the air was cool to the skin. When they started going home, Gerald insisted that he should carry Kim on his back. She was asleep once they entered the house. Marla opened the door and helped put Kim to bed. He advised Gerald to change Kim's shirt to prevent her from being sick. She was knocked out and didn't notice at all. Gerald grabbed one of his shirts and put it on Kim.

He was feeling awkward at first. He didn't want her to feel violated.

Gerald sat by the door in the dark, watching Kim's sweet face being illuminated but the moonlight that went through the window. He knew he can't always be by her side, but he must think of a way to show that his care and love for her is genuine. Soon, he will be leaving to go back to Manila and go back to work. He didn't want to leave her, but he can't neglect his job.

He is feeling more attached to her day by day. Each time he spends with her only makes his feelings for her grow deeper.

 

*** Three weeks left! Sorry for the delay! Been busy and still busy but I slacked today to catch up with my addiction, Kimerald/fanfics :)