Surprise

Mission: Possible

The following morning, Kim got ready to go to NBI, but not to work, she wanted to take a leave. She needed time alone for herself to reflect and make up her mind. She needed to make a decision. She's making a pretty decent amount of money which these days are hard to find, but she could also go back to school with her savings that she kept in case she decided on something like this.

She was going to Steve's office and she saw Gerald. She turned around to greet him and continued walking to Steve's office. He was left confused. She was there, but she wasn't wearing her uniform, was she there to finally quit? He asked himself. Inside Steve's office, he could see them chatting, laughing occasionally and then they stood up, shook each other's hand. Kim went around his desk and hugged him.

They came out together and the others waved or called out their name. Gerald went up to them, curious to what was going on. "Hey, Kimmy. Why are you here?"

"Well, since Tito Steve told me not to go to work for a few days because of some "trauma,"" She air quoted, "I decided to make it official and longer. I'll take a month leave. Go to Cebu, visit a few friends and some family."

"Fun. Will you be okay by yourself?" He touched her arm and looked at her with his chocolate brown eyes.

"Of course, I'll be fine! I'm going to be staying at Marlo's house, he's a good friend of mine." Jealousy. That's what hit Gerald, but who was he to say anything? He knew he had told her his feelings, but he had no intentions of stopping her from doing what she wanted. "I'm going there in three days, I already told him."

"You take care, okay?"

Kim nodded and checked her watch, "Hey I need to go, I still have to pick up some things. I'll call you if I need anything." She hugged him and then left hurriedly.

 

With all her things packed, she took them outside her gate to load into her car and went inside to check if she left something else. Mama Pet already bid goodbye to her and left with Maja to run some errands. When Kim went outside, She was shocked to find her things gone and Gerald loading them into his vehicle. "Hey, Chewy!" His boyish grin appeared and Kim smiled to him.

He opened the door for her and she hopped in, still clueless of what was happening but she decided to go along with it. Once Gerald got in the car, she asked him, "Hey you're supposed to be at work, right?"

"But I'm here, so maybe not." He smirked.

"Okay, so you're dropping me off that's fine." He didn't reply, instead he handed her a bag with breakfast in it. She ate some and asked him after a while, "You hungry, Andy?"

"A little." He was surprised when she fed him especially with the exact spoon she fed herself. "What time is your flight at?" He asked as they pulled up at the airport parking lot.

She checked her ticket and replied, "In an hour."

He came down and started taking down the bags, "Wait, that bag isn't mine Gerald and that one too!" She pointed out. He kept on walking, towards the gate where they check the boarding passes.

"Sir, ticket please." The airport security asked.

"Gerald, you don't have a ticket! What are you doing? You can't get in there!" Kim yelled behind him.

He seemed to ignore her, "I'm with her." He said to the security.

"Ticket miss?" Kim showed hers and she was cleared. "You're good to go Ma'am. Have a safe flight!"

"Hey, how did you get in here?" Kim asked finally catching up with him.

"This." He waved his ticket in the air and she grabbed it from him. "Surprise!"

"You're going to Cebu too?" She asked, smiling. Now she knew what the other bags were for. "You smartass! You got me there for a while."

"I'm good at what I do. Do you think your friend will mind having another company?"

"I'm sure he'll adore you!" Kim replied. "Wait, your car? And did Tito Steve let you to take leave?"

"My brother will take care of my car and I only took two weeks of leave, so don't worry, you ca have time for yourself. I just have to see that you'll be fine. I know you can take care of yourself, but its better to see where you're going to stay to be sure." He put his arm on her shoulder.

"This will be exciting!"