Complication

Mission: Possible

Gerald sat with Kim as he thought about what the doctor said, 'There is another baby, but unfortunately it grew inside Kim's fallopian tube. The baby is still alive, but the body will start building calcium around because it doesn't recognize the baby. The fallopian tube is as small as a string. It is very rare and very risky to have surgery, but it's the only thing we can do. If we don't do it right away, it' might cause your wife's life along with your babies. I'm very sorry.'

The news had shocked both Kim and Gerald. She is only six months pregnant and her babies will have to be born prematurely and be inside incubators instead of being inside her where they're supposed to be and where they could get the right nutrition. They held hands as they held back their tears. Both were scared to what was going to happen next. Gerald was too afraid to lose Kim. He'd rather have it the two of them together without kids that lose her and the babies all together. He admits to himself that he'll be saddened, if ever, by the loss of his children, but nothing would devastate him more than losing Kim. He ran his hand through his hair while the other patted Kim on the back.

"Gerald, we have to save our babies." Kim cried. Tears stained her face. Just as she thought that everything was fine, it had to be like this.

He wiped away the tears in her eyes as he released his. "You're my number one priority right now. We can always try to have more kids. The doctors will do everything they can to save all of you. If they can't, as long as I have you, I will be happy for the rest of my life. I don't need anything or anyone else but you Kim. I married you. If there's more that God gives me, it will be more blessings that I have to thank Him for. All I need is you, Kim. You're my life. I love you."

"I want to have the surgery as soon as possible, baby. You can be in charge of telling the family the news. The sooner we do this, the doctor said the results will be better." She insisted.

"I know, I was in there with you when she said that."

"Just think of the positives, Gerald. Haven't you learned from me? No matter what problem life throws at us, we have to get through it. Things don't just happen for the heck of it. We have a lesson we have to learn. If you think of the negatives, then you will attract for those things to happen." She grabbed his chin and said, "Look at me, please. I'm scared to death, but I know I did a lot of bad things in the past which is why I won't die yet." She managed to joke and smile to encourage him. "I know you've done all the hardwork and encouraging, but this time it's my turn. You've been a great husband and you showed your love to me and I really appreciate it. Gerald, this is just one small bump. We're going to get through this. Just trust me. Trust Him." She squeezed his hands, not only to comfort him, but to comfort herself also. To convince herself all that she told him was true, that they are going to get over this and look back how small of a problem this is.

"Your love gives me hope, baby. I'll be right back." Gerald kissed her on the lips, "I'll call Ken and he can tell everyone, even your family." When they got the appointment for the surgery, they informed their family members who showed all their support by saying kind words and those who live nearby came to visit.

 

Kim and Gerald spent their days and night together, reminiscing the past and looking at old photographs.

In a binder, there were letters and small notes where Kim had gathered everything Gerald has given her over their five year relationship.

They decided that thinking happy thoughts would take their burdens away and occupy their mind for some time. Kim pointed at a photograph of her and Gerald, "Remember this?" She giggled. "You were making a monkey face, trying to make me laugh when I got mad at you when Melissa took this picture. Look at me pouting."

"That was before you started rolling on the grass and laughing so hard. That's a really good picture too." Gerald turned the page and saw the first letter he has ever written for Kim, in fact it was also the first letter he has ever written for a girl. "You kept this? How embarrassing!" He laughed at the silly things he wrote on it.

"It's sweet, I like reading it over and over. 'Kim, you are like fake teeth, I can't smile without you.'" She read a part from it. "You're very original." She said sarcastically.

"It wasn't my idea to put that on there. Someone... recommended it. It was all Tito Steve's idea!"

"I wonder how he's doing in Hong Kong. He barely has time to call. We haven't heard from him in a while."

Gerald smiled, "He sure did make the best out of his retirement. He's been travelling ever since with his family."

"Babe, what do you want in the future?" Kim asked.

"I only know one thing that I want for sure: for you to be a part of it."

 

Sorry, the medical thingy is not really accurate, but this really does happen in real life, but rarely. (Thank God!) I didn't want to get in the whole detail, I just got it from watching a medical documentary. And this one lady in London survived. Oh, and in India this lady was pregnant for forty seven years! Google it =))))