Missing You

Mission: Possible

Kim smiled the rest of her trip going back to Marla's house from the airport. She just dropped off Gerald and though she was feeling lonely because of his departure, she still found a reason to smile.

"Kim, I'll call you as soon as I get there." He cupped her small face and gave butterfly kisses all over her face, sending chills to her spine, making her knees weaker than they are from his touch.

She awoke from her reverie as she sat in the car. She remembered the other day before Gerald left. She held the steering wheel lightly, not that it would help slow the beating of her heart.

He caught up to her, hugging her from behind. In her ear, he whispered. "I love you, Kim. I love you, I love you, I love you."

She turned around and blank-faced, she asked, "Do you want to hear my response?"

"I... do. Definitely, Kim." His eyes glimmered with hope.

"Gerald Anderson, you can be really annoying," He pouted, but she smiled at him, "but you do make me smile, laugh and even cry with your lame jokes. You're one of the sweetest guy I've met in my life. You know how I told you I don't want to be in a relationship just yet..."

"Kim, I know. I'm willing to wait. I just want you to know that my..." She pressed a finger on his lips. She tiptoed and slowly inched her face up to his, looking him straight in the eye.

"Gerald, I love you too." He could not hold his emotions any longer. He brought his face closer to hers and kissed her with passion and intensity.

Kim felt her face flushing. She felt crazy, but it was a good kind of crazy. She'd only been away from Gerald for a few minutes but she's already expecting his call. His plane probably hasn't left yet or if it did it's still mid-air. She wasn't aware that she's this possesive... and they're not even official yet.

"What are you thinking, Kimberly? You're going to choke him and he wouldn't want to be in a relationship with you." She fought herself.

"But the kiss that we shared sort of sealed the relationship. It was like signing a contract!" Her eyebrows furrowed.

She continued debating with herself, her self-esteem going down by the second. She thought of how many girls would run after Gerald, how many beautiful girls would throw themselves at him.

She didn't realize it has been a few hours. Her phone rang, she answered it immediately expecting a call from Gerald.

"Hey, Kim?" It wasn't him, but Steve. "I was just calling to ask you if you're fine."

"Yes, tito. I'll be back in two weeks to talk to you about my arrangements. I've had a lot of time to think, I'll discuss them with you as soon as I come back." Kim hesitated, but asked anyways. "Has Gerald come home yet, or even called?"

"Yeah, yeah. I dropped him off at his place an hour ago. I have to run an errand, I just wanted to check on you. Have fun, Kim!"

"Thanks, tito. Bye."

 

It wasn't until the next morning that Kim received a call from Gerald. "Hey, were you busy?" She asked after she picked up her phone from the side table. She just woke up and her voice was still hoarse.

"Did I wake you up?" He laughed and it was like music to her ears. "Sorry, after I called tito to pick me up, my phone died and I fell asleep right away. I hope I didn't make you worry."

"No, no. It's fine." Kim was relieved.

"Sooo? How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I talked to tito Steve, but I didn't tell him about my plans yet. I'm not sure of it myself either."

"Oh, well Kim... whatever decision you make I'll support you." Kim was smiling on the other end of the line. She was giddy, just by listening to his voice and his sweet words. "I miss you already."

"I miss you too." She confessed. "I'll be back in two weeks."

"I'm counting down. 14 days left. That's a long wait." He took his calendar and checked the day she's coming back. "I'll be able to pick you up, that's a Saturday, right?"

"Yes. I miss you too. I love you."

Suddenly, Marla barged in the room. "Kim! Someone's out there for you."

"Gerald, I have to go. I'll talk to you later." Kim said in a hurry.

"I love you, Kimmy." He said before hanging up.

 

Ten minutes has passed. Kim, Marla and Greg, Kim's father, has been sitting in silence. No one dared to break the silence. Greg was in awe of his daughter's beauty. He had always thought her as beautiful like her mother, she has his eyes, but her mother's lips and nose. After a few years of not seeing her, she became more beautiful.

Kim hasn't seen him since she found out about the accident. She looked at her father, he was aging but he also looked happy.

For the past few minutes, they have been observing each other. Both of them have changed a lot.

Kim wondered why he decided to see her. He never tried to contact her all these years, so why now? Why, after things are suddenly going the way she wanted them to go? She must ask him now, they've been here for what seemed like an eternity. She cleared out . Marla was about to stand and leave when Kim pulled him down. He whispered him to stay. "So what brings you here, dad?" She emphasized the last word. She does not want to be disrespectful to her father who she loved dearly, but she was also hurt from what he did that she could not just ignore the pain. "If you're here to ask how I am doing, well I got kidnapped but managed to protect myself and I found someone who will take care of me and not leave me. Do you need anything else?"

His face expressed concern, his voice came out as shaky. "Princess, my... Kimmy. I'm here to tell you that I'm..."

"Sorry?" Kim asked. "If you want to apologize, okay, I accept it. I accept it, but it will never erase the pain that you caused us. It will never bring my mother's life back and achi's!" Kim sobbed. "Did you even remember the day that day died? It was because of you!" Kim screamed and cried. Marla had to hold her down. "You weren't there."

"I didn't want to disrespect your mother and sister. I didn't want you to kick me out and yell at me in front of their presence."

"They were dead! And it was because of you!" Kim sobbed some more, "Mom didn't want me to go. I would have been there with them too, but she didn't let me. You know what she said? Do you want to know?"

"Kim, calm down." Marla pleaded.

Her father was in tears. "She was hoping that you'll come back and she wanted me to stay home in case you come knocking back. She said they were just going to have a little vacation."

"I lost respect in you, dad. I can't even take to call you dad. You know what, Greg, you should probably leave and go back to your new family. I pity them. Just leave." She said sternly. "Leave! Please leave me alone!"

"Tito, just leave. I'm sorry." Marla apologized as he walked him to the door. "Give her more time. She's upset. Swing by next week, she's leaving on Friday."

Greg tried to smile, "Thank you for letting me in your house. I'll try to come by."

Marla walked back into the house only to find her body laying on the ground, unconcious. "Kim!" Greg heard the commotion, turned around and rushed back into the house.