The Reason

Mission: Possible

My gosh! School is kinda fun, but its very stressing with all the studying and some people *rolls eyes* and practice is very tiring, then I'll have to do homework. I just raised a grade, then the other class dropped to a B >:P And finally, I found time to write, despite my very hectic schedule. I am a couple of months behind Tanging Yaman and trying to catch up with Kimerald every weekend. Hmm, story is getting lame, I'm gonna fast forward a bit. Medyo di consistent ang update 'sensya na po. :D Syempre, our pretty Kimmy can't suffer long, diba? Superman is always to the rescue!

 

Kim admired the old, abandoned movie theater, it looked like it was built around 1930's. She looked around her, everyone was fast asleep except for Luigi who was sitting next to her. She had already came up with an escape plan. They didn't even bother checking if she had a cellphone with her. They already took her gun, but her phone was still safely hidden in one of her pockets. She kept her eyes open the whole entire time. It was almost dawn and she was still up, waiting for the best time to escape.

She kicked Luigi, "I need to go to the restroom!" She whispered. then he carefully untied her from the seat.

He wasn't alert and she knew it was the perfect timing to send Gerald and Steve her exact location. She remembered to look outside the window.

She didn't get a response from the both of them. Knowing they have received it and are probably on their way, Kim went back outside and just waited patiently. A few hours passed, Luigi had already fallen asleep and Manuel took over, but still no NBI. Kim was falling asleep but she didn't want anything bad to happen.

Outside the sun was slowly rising and as the sun rised, the sound of sirens can be heard clearer. Kim knew she will be rescued. Everyone rose in panic, including the tiny Rodrigo. "Untie her quickly! She's our hostage!" Before they completely untied Kim, the cops and NBI have already surrounded and cuffed them.

Gerald ran to Kim and carefully removed the remaining rope around her wrists and ankles. He immediately jumped up and hugged her. "I was so terrified. I broke my promise." He kept his strong grip around her tiny waist.

Kim saw the genuine care in his eyes. "You didn't break any promises, Andy. You saved me. Thank you."

In the car, Gerald kept on interrogating Kim asking if she was hungry or if she wanted to sleep. He obviously was more terrified than she was. "I got so worried and I blamed myself for everything."

"I think you got more worried than me." Kim teased, "I really appreciate it and you comforting my family." She thanked him, after Steve had told her the story of her grandmother going to the NBI and Gerald telling them he would help find her as soon as possible.

In the office, Maja and Mama Pet were waiting for Kim and Gerald's arrival. They were called in earlier to say that they found Kim safe and sound, with the help of Gerald. He did not want to be called a hero. "She was the one who texted me where she was. She should be awarded for her bravery." He simply answered when one complimented his actions.

Mama Pet came to hug Kim and whispered something into her ear, while looking at Gerald. Kim looked at her and then at Gerald, smiling at him. He smiled back and walked away to give them privacy.

 

After thanking everyone who had helped to save her, Kim had gone home to take a shower and get some sleep, waking up before dinner time, with Gerald in her living room.

 "Your grandma invited me over." He said and pointed at the table. "I brought some food with me."

Kim looked at the table and thought, "some?". She then replied, "I would think there was a feast here. That's a lot of food!"

"Its fine. We need to celebrate." Was his simple response, handing her a plate filled with food.

During the meal, Kim asked. "I was only gone for a few hours, what made you bring this much food here? Is it your birthday?" She laughed.

"No. It's not my birthday. Just eat." He insited.

 

"Andy, can you tell me what's really going on here?" They were now sitting in the backyard, just the two of them and gazing at the stars above them. "You seem different since I got back after being kidnapped for a few hours by a bunch of idiots."

Gerald looked at her intently but did not speak. "You really are starting to freak me out. I think you ate too much and you need to take it all out." She laughed at her own joke. "Hey c'mon. Speak to me!"

He frowned. "I thought I was going to lose you yesterday. I can't manage to lose another person in my life, Kim. That was not funny. Please take it seriously." He paused and saw Kim's expression change. "I know, everyone knows that you are one tough cookie, but our job is very risky. I lost a friend in the front lines, Chewy. I don't want to lose you in a mission."

He continued talking, sharing his experience. "Kim, I know you're very happy with this job and I'm not telling you to quit. I'm just warning you."

"I know." Kim replied. "I know that I dig a deeper grave for myself everyday. I'll know when to quit. And when the day that the reason comes and hits me in the head, no matter what, I'll quit that exact day."

"What do you think that reason will be?" Gerald questioned her.

"We won't know until it hits me." She smiled.

He took her hand and intertwined them with his own. "Can this be a reason?" He asked, obviously implying a possible relationship.

She seemed to understand what he meant. Closing her eyes and thinking carefully, she looked serene. Gerald observed her and her tiny hand in his bigger one. Kim did not take her hand back but disagreed, "Not now. I can't." Gerald nodded and understood, taking in the moment the two of them are sharing.

Kim walked him out of the door. "Goodbye." Kim hugged him and thanked him for the visit and the food.

When Gerald left, Kim felt something different inside of her. Something that she rarely feels. A sense of contentment? No, it would be an understatement. Feeling loved is more like it, but she just refused to be in a relationship with him. She wanted to know him more, but deep inside her, she knows she had already met the real him. The generous, gentle and kind Gerald.

What she needed was time to think. She needs to convince her mind that Gerald is her reason to quit, just like what her heart is saying.

 KimK"N"

Kim