Mine

Mission: Possible

SHORT UPDATE! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FELLOW FIL-AMERICANS! :)

 

The following weekend, after obtaining their marriage license and the other necessary papers with the help of Maja, Kim was dress shopping for their court wedding. After three long hours of searching for a dress that accents her new figure, she has finally found one. She decided to go with a simple white dress that had one shoulder strap and reached her knees, on the hip of the dress was a peach flower.

She tried it on while Maja waited outside, "Look. I think this is the perfect dress!"

"Wow! It looks really good on you. Buy it!" Maja complemented. "I think you should go with your hair down and a little curly."

Kim looked back at the mirror, "Let me change and you go ahead and pay for it for me. My back is hurting! We should go home right away."

After the trip at the mall and paying for the dress, Kim and Maja headed back home getting stuck in the rush hour traffic. "Maj, you better catch the bouquet this time. There's only you and Melissa and she's already married!" Kim joked.

"Let's worry about me catching your bouquet at your church wedding, I want some competition."

"True," Kim replied. "I have to invite Rayver at the church wedding and make sure he catches the garter... and speaking of Rayver, that's him!"

"Where?" Maja's head shot up.

Kim laughed, "Made you look!"

"Silly goose!"

They arrived at Kim's house after a while finding the table set and the dinner prepared, "Tita, you're here!" Kim screamed as she saw Gerald's mom in the kitchen. "When did you guys get here? Is tito well enough to fly?"

"Oh, just a while ago. Gerald dropped me off because I told him I want to cook dinner for everyone. They're all outside in the garden talking." She hugged her future daughter-in-law. "I can't wait for your wedding and to see my grandkids."

Kim smiled, "It's good to finally meet you in person after all these years. I never got a chance to meet you when you came. By the way, this is my cousin Maja." she introduced the two ladies and let them chat while she came to see the rest of Gerald's family. "Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Hey Ken, nice to see you again!"

Gerald looked up and walked towards Kim. He assisted her down the stairs into the garden where they were talking and barbecuing. "Baby, you're home." He kissed her and touched her growing belly. "I'm guessing you've finally met my mom. She invaded the kitchen." He laughed. "Dad, this is my wife in five days, Kim. Kim, this is my old man."

"Hi, I'm glad you're doing fine now Tito. Fine enough to travel." Kim smiled and shook his hand.

The older Anderson laughed wholeheartedly, "I taught you right, Rj. Kim, you're much prettier in person than in that tiny webcam we look at. And of course, once I heard that I'm going to be a granddaddy, I regained all my energy." He stood up to hug Kim, "Welcome to the Anderson family!"

"Now, you finally met all the crazies!" Gerald joked. "Just don't get too excited for our church wedding in a few months. I bet you they all want to come!"

Kim laughed, "Don't worry. I have my fair share."

 

********

 

The day has arrived. Their wedding was in an hour and Kim is almost ready. Maja was doing some finishing touches on her hair. She wanted Kim to have loose waves hanging off her back. She also did Kim's make up which stayed simple and light, not overdone. She wasn't too much on superstitions, but she decided it would be better if Gerald stayed at his house and not see each other 'til the wedding day. They talked on the phone all night until they both fell asleep, waking up to the phone still going.

They only invited close friends and family. Kim's dad had planed in from Cebu two days before the wedding and met Gerald's family. They all got along well. Everyone was waiting for Kim. Unlike other couples who came to the court room together, Kim wanted it to be sort of like a church wedding. She decided she wanted her dad to walk her from the door, minus the music in all church weddings.

She saw her dad waiting for her outside and he smiled, "Congratulations, Princess!" He kissed her and whispered something in her ears that made her tear up. He pulled something from his pocket and said, "This is the necklace that your grandmother gave me on my wedding day. She said that I should give it to my daughter who gets married first. I guess, you're it huh?" It was a simple silver necklace with a heart pendant and in it was a small diamond. "The heart means love, of course and the diamond inside it symbolizes the undying love you should have for your husband. I don't know, that's what she said. Your grandma believed in those things." He laughed, but he couldn't hide his tears as he helped Kim wear the necklace. He hugged her. "I love you."

"I love you too, dad. Even if I don't show it a lot and even if I didn't talk to you for a long time. Sorry for blaming you."

"It's okay, Kimmy. I know I did something wrong and I admit it. I know you're going to be a good wife... and right now your mom and sister are watching us from heaven." He wiped away his tears. "Now, let's go before your groom thinks you've went AWOL."

She walked in and saw Gerald's family standing on the right, her friends and family on the left. She smiled at them and then saw Gerald mouthing the words 'I love you'.

Finally, Greg handed Kim to Gerald and shook his hand. The ceremony went on for an hour and the moment Gerald was anticipating was coming. "Now, Mr. Anderson, you may now kiss the bride!" The judge said. Everyone cheered as Gerald kissed Kim on the lips.

He whispered something in her ear, "You're finally mine, Kim." He smiled.