The Announcement

Mission: Possible

Haven't been to a wedding since I was really young so yeah, had to research. And expect to find Melissa in most of my FFs (James Reid in the future). I love her and I've liked her since SCQ days! Hahaha! I'm thinking about writing an FF about her too ;) I don't follow her as much as KG though.

 

Their guests arrived from all over the country and Gerald's family who lived outside the Philippines also flew in just to witness the event they have all been waiting for.

They chose a Church located in Tagaytay which was a very fine place for a wedding. Outside, the air was chilly and the view was fantastic. There was a large patch of green grass, trees surrounding the place and a fountain right out front. The ground was made of red bricks, similar to the stairs that went up the church. Even outside the church was decorated with gold and white. The only people who wore gold were the Sponsors and the parents of the bride and groom, and most of the guests wore white.

The bridal march started to play and Kiara and Gabriel made everyone smile as they walked down all cute and sweet together.

They all awaited for Kim to walk in the door, not knowing what she would look like, or what her dress would be. The only person who knew how it looked like, aside from her and the person who made it, was Melissa who was also awaiting for her grand entrance from the front of the church. Gerald wiped his clammy hands on his pants as he struggled to remember the vows he had written. As soon as he saw Kim, his jaw dropped in awe and it had turned into a smile as she walked closer. He didn't need his vows, he could just list what he loves about her the most, but that would take forever. He has to struggle and summarize it.

She looked extremely beautiful in her peach dress that had one strap and ended at her mid-thigh, showing her still flawless long legs. Her veil, also unique was longer than her gown and was held in place by a crown, fit for a princess. She had on light make up that was enough to complement her skin and dress. Her bouquet was sophisticated with a mix of white and yellow flowers to go with the dress.

Her father handed her over to Gerald, making it feel all too familiar. "Deja vu." she whispered to Gerald as he shook hand with her father.

"We have been gathered here today, for a very special day. We are here to come and witness the love of this young couple who are here to reaffirm their vows."

The ceremony went on, Gerald and Kim taking quick glances at each other every few minutes.

It came the time for the Wedding Vows and Gerald drew up all his breath as he recalled what he had written, "Kimberly Chiu-Anderson, a few years ago we took vows in a small courthouse with our parents as the witnesses and now, in front of God and the huge crowd, I would like to tell you how my love for you did not change at all. I will continue to be a loving and faithful husband and I will also do my very best to be a great father to the children we have now and in the future. I could say all the things that I have found out about you and amazed me and made me fall in love with you all over again, but that would take more than a day. I imagine the rest of my life with you, my teeth would be all gone by then, but when we get older there's someone I'd like to keep forever and that is you. I love you." He held both of her hands tightly as she recited her vows.

"You never fail to make me laugh, Gerald. With your jokes, that I have to endure because I married you," There was an uproar of laughter from the crowd. Gerald chuckled. "I laugh and I made it through hard times with you. Everyone here knows how tough our first year of marriage was with the difficulty we had with our children. but we kept fighting. Our love was always there to make us happy at the end of the day. The memories we had together, chasing bad guys with our guns, I never thought that we would end up here in front of this crowd, renewing our vows. I had always dreamed of having a perfect family of my own and Gerald, you are the one who made everything possible. As long as I'm with you I can do anything that I wish. Your love guides me to the right path. No one can love you more than I do." She smiled.

As the wedding rings were being brought up by Gabriel, Kim leaned close to Gerald as they both watched their son all grown up and normal. He was a small baby inside an incubator when they first saw him. They faced the priest again. They have chosen to use their first wedding rings that meant so much to them, but they chose to add an engraved date of their church wedding.

"The wedding ring is a symbol of eternity. It is an outward sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two hearts in endless love. And now as a token of your love and of your deep desire to be forever united in heart and soul, you Gerald, may place a ring on the finger of your bride."

"I, Gerald Anderson, give you, Kimberly, this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness to you."

"By the same token Kim, you may place a ring on the finger of your groom."

"I, Kimberly Anderson, give you, Gerald, this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness to you."

After the pronouncements and the closing prayers, the much-awaited moment has arrived. "Gerald, you may now kiss the bride." He kissed her on the lips as he cupped her face. "I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson." The crowd cheered and applaused as the two looked at each other as if they were in a world of their own.

 

********

 

"What's taking her so long?" Gerald asked Melissa as they waited outside the ladies' bathroom. Melissa came to check up on Kim earlier and told Gerald of her condition. "Mel, I'm going in there to check up on her."

"No, don't just wait for her. That's what she told me to tell you. So, if you could sit your little at the table..." She shooed him and then walked back inside where Kim is. "He's gone, so what does it say?"

"Positive!" She screamed in glee as she held the papers she received from the doctor the day before, but handed it back to Melissa to put in her purse, so no one would suspect. The bestfriends hugged as they walked outside, keeping the news secret from everyone else.

Greg had proposed a toast for his daughter and Gerald, "I first saw Gerald when Kim introduced him to me as her boyfriend. He was the first boy she had introduced to me. Right away, I could see that he was raised as a fine young man. He took great care of my daughter and asked for my permission if he could marry my daughter before she even knew of his plans. He is brave to ask me, unlike others who would not care about the opinion of the parents of their bride. I would like to make a toast for more wonderful years of marriage, more kids and longer life!"

Kim started to clink her glasses, "Everyone, I have an important announcement to make!"

Gerald looked at her cluelessly as Mel walked up to Kim taking out the papers. "Here, it says in this paper that we have something else to celebrate."

She gives a copy to Gerald and looks at him as she announces over the mocrophone, "I'm ten weeks pregnant!"

He stands up to give her a hug, then kisses her in front of everyone. Tears formed in both of their eyes as they shared the new joy in their life.

"I can't wait," He whispered.

The guests continued to eat, Gerald and Kim went around the tables asking everyone how they were doing and if they were having a good time when their attention was called from the stage. "If we can please have our very beautiful, pregnant bride to come up here with her father for their dance." Melissa asked, being the emcee for the event as Kim requested.

A slow beat started playing, replacing the loud booming of the previous music.

In the middle, there was a huge space for dancing and a disco ball was hanging. The lights dimmed, creating a new atmosphere as Kim took her father's hand. The song Dance with my Father started playing. Kim started to get teary-eyed as they moved across the dancefloor. All eyes were on them.

Back when I was a child
Before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high
And dance with my mother and me and then
Spend me around till I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved

"You're wearing it, princess." He noticed the necklace he had given her a few years back. He had aged through the years, but to Kim, he looked the same as when she was little. He was still the dad that comforted her whenever she got hurt and cried, shared the joy whenever she received an award. The past may have stained their relationship, but they regained their closeness and became closer than they have been.

Kim nodded, "Of course." She touched it. "I wear it everytime. You just fail to notice it everytime you come visit." She laughed and rested her head on her father's shoulder. "Mom would be glad that I'm happy and that you're happy also. She would have moved on, if she lived and my sister, she would have been cheering me on when I was still in NBI and mom, she would be the same... nagging me to quit, probably." She recalled the memories of her deceased loved ones.

If I could get another chance
Another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love love love to dance with my father again

Her dad smiled, "She would have been very happy to walk you down that aisle for the second time, even if she has to do it with me. Just for you." Kim looked back up at him and he planted a kiss on her forehead.

When I and my mother would disagree
To get my way I would run from her to him
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me (yeah, yeah)
Then finally make me do just what my momma said
Later that night, when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me

The words of the song touched both of them and they continued to sway as it played. Gerald watched from the sidelines as he watched them dance. He has known that even before, when Kim was angry at her father, all she has ever wanted was to be with him and experience to feel his love again and he was right. He was the one who urged Kim to talk to her father and now they are dancing on their wedding day.

"I'll always be by your side Kimmy, to watch your kids grow up with you." He smiled, "I'll never make the same mistake of leaving you again... no matter how much you push me away."

"I will never push you away dad." Kim said as the song ended and gave her father a hug, then kissed him on the cheek, feeling stubbles on his cheeks. "You better shave, dad." She remarked in the same manner she always had when she was little.

Both of them wiped their tears as the lights went back to normal.

Gerald had his dance with Kim after they ate. As they stood up for the dance, Kiara and Gabriel would not let them go so they ended up dancing in a circle which entertained the crowd. After they had their dose of fun, they let their parents dance on their own as they danced beside them and copied their move. Gerald spun Kim around and bowed, while Kim curtsied. They went to dance to another slow song, just the two of them after that one, very much comfortable in each other's arms.

"I will never get tired of loving you, Mrs. Anderson." Gerald said before pulling Kim down for a kiss causing a commotion and hollers from the guests.

The celebration continued all night for the crowd, while Kim and Gerald already slipped off to celebrate their second honeymoon.