Car Problems?

Mission: Possible

Thanks for the appreciative comments, pasensya na po sa delay! Short lang, just to establish the plot.

 

Only her gun in hand, Kim bravely walked the abandoned warehouse where the said drug dealers are supposed to be in hiding. Creeping up behind her is Gerald, uncomfortable of having Kim in front of him where she could easily be shot. “Rose, behind me!” He whispered her code name.

“No, eagle. Just let me do my job, be on the watch out.”

This is their usual scenario as they try to argue while getting their mission done. They heard a gunshot from not too far away and Kim started running with Gerald by her side. “Duck eagle! I can see them!”

Kim took out her walky-talky and contacted the rest of the team in hiding, “Confirmed. Send the troops now!” 

The openings of the warehouse were immediately surrounded by NBI, catching all the druggies afterwards. Kim and Gerald stood up from their post and high-fived each other, then walked towards the group.

 

They drove to the office for their lunch break and were surprised with the little gathering and buffet, courtesy of Steve, Gerald’s uncle. “Here they are!” He announced and the people all looked at them and gave them a round of applause. “Another job well done, Anderson and Chiu. This is for your fifth successful mission together. I know there’s a lot more to come. I would also want everyone to congratulate Chiu for her promotion just yesterday.” Everyone gave her a round of applause, including Gerald who smiled as she looked at him.

 

With her hair now free from her bun, it flowed smoothly on her shoulders, framing her face. She was getting her food at the buffet table when someone popped up beside her, none other than Gerald. He affectionately messed up her hair, congratulating her with their success and her promotion. “Good job, Chewy.”

“Thanks, Andy.” She laughed. “So Gerald, what do you feel about this mission?”

“It was easy! I didn’t even break a sweat. Those guys are losers anyways.” He teased. “You know, you should try being a soldier.”

“Hey, I love my job.” She smirked. “Ooh, is that food over there too?”

He sighed, “Yes. You know, Kim, I wonder sometimes.”

As she was picking food, she was also chewing a mouthful. “Wondering about?” She asked with full.

“You.” He paused. “Where you put all that food that you eat. Sometimes, I think it goes to your hair. One day your hair is going to be alive and probably strangle everyone here. You need to slow down a little bit.” He joked.

In response, she stuck her tongue out and he followed her to the table. “What else do you wonder about? You know, I also wonder about you sometimes. Just sometimes, so don’t get your hopes up. It’s just plain curiosity since you’re a newbie.”

“Oh really. I think you really dream about me in your sleep.”

Kim held on to the table and said, “Can anyone feel that? I just felt a gush of wind coming from Anderson!” She laughed and went back to eating. The others in their table also laughed. “No, I wonder why you always sleep too much. You’re like a polar bear. One second after I turn my head you’re sleeping on your desk. It amazes me, really. I’ve known you for a month and that’s the first thing I noticed. On the first few days I thought it was just from exhaustion, but it wasn’t.”

“I’m a growing child! What can I say?” He laughed.

“More like a big baby. You’re older than me!”

“By a year and a month. Who cares? I need sleep.”

 

Their playful bantering ended when they heard clanking of glass, coming from Steve’s table. “Can we have a round of applause for Kim and Gerald again please, before they bite each other’s head off.”

“Loveteam! Loveteam! Loveteam!” Some of the other agents cheered.

 

Kim and Gerald stood from their table and walked toward Steve. “Thanks Tito Steve. What’s with the big celebration?” Kim asked.

“I’m congratulating you guys.” He smiled. “Especially you, Kim. I’ve seen you grow so much over the last three years. I’m hoping that one day you and Gerald will be the head of NBI taking down the syndicates and druggies all over the Philippines.” He turned to Gerald and said, “You, young man. You need to learn from Kim. She may be the only girl in our department, but she’s one good agent. You need to always look out for her.”

Kim and Gerald looked at one another and smiled.

 

While everyone left early that afternoon, Kim and Gerald were only going home. Kim was out of her NBI attire, wearing a white ruffled top tucked in to her floral skirt. She looked like a model, instead of an NBI agent. They walked to the parking lot together and went their separate ways. 

Kim placed all her belongings in the car and said her goodbye to Gerald who was parked across from her. When she tried to start her car, it wouldn’t start.

Gerald walked towards the driver’s side after seeing her having troubles with the car. “My car won’t start.”

"Let’s go! I’ll give you a ride.”