.nine.

Fate: The First Meeting

“You’ll never be able to get rid of his image from your dreams.”

Seungyoon was puzzled and he desperately wanted to know the reason behind all of these.

“But, why? And, what the boy has to do with me?”

Aunty Ahn withdrew another card from the deck on her right before placed it in front of them.

“Look here closely.”

Seungyoon leaned forward and he could see a moon and a star on the card.

“This means, it’s a fate.”

“Fate?”

“Yes. Both of you had been destined to be together. You might know nothing about one another, but one day you will.”

Seungyoon exchanged his gaze with Mino before his sight landed on the card.

“So, I will meet with him, soon?”

Seungyoon asked in uncertainty.

Will he able to meet with that boy soon?

For sure?

“Yes.”

Aunty Ahn murmured some words and withdrew another card from the deck.

“There’s only one way for you to stop dreaming about him.”

“How?”

Seungyoon was desperately wanted to hear that.

He was willing to do anything, as long as he will not have dreams about that stranger boy again.

“The dream will only stop when you had eventually met him.”

“What?!”

Seungyoon leapt from his seat and leaned forward.

“Aunty Ahn, you can’t do this for me! You’re a tarot card reader, so I’m sure you’ll help me!”

Mino tried to hold him in place but failed.

He took the cards and tossed them away.

“Are you crazy? Behave yourself, Seungyoon!”

Aunty Ahn remained calm and picked up the cards back.

“Son, that’s the only thing that I can help you with. Maybe I’m a tarot card reader, but it’s all God’s plan. It’s your fate.”

A few moments later, he regained his calm.

“How can I meet him?”

Aunty Ahn shrugged her shoulders and stood up.

“It depends on where your life guides you to.”

 

*

 

Mino walked faster and tried to catch up with Seungyoon who was already a few metres ahead.

“Seungyoon-sshi, wait for me!”

He didn’t hear Mino calling and walked straight before he stopped at a junction.

Mino nearly bumped his back and managed to stop himself in time.

“Do you still thinking about the earlier?”

A worried look could be seen on Mino's face.

“Chingu-ya, don’t worry about that. I’m sure that one day, you will meet him. Trust me.”

“I want to put my trust on you, but the lady earlier couldn’t help me at all.”

Seungyoon sat on a bench and looked as if he had lost his hope.

“You heard her, right? She already told you that this is your fate. Fate is something that we can’t change even with money or anything.”

Mino gave an encouraging pat on Seungyoon’s back.

He felt bad as he couldn’t do anything for his best friend at the moment.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there for you. I promise I will help you, no matter what it takes.”

Seungyoon wiped away tears on his cheeks and cleared his throat.

“Actually, that's not the only thing that is bothering me. There’s more.”

“Huh?”

He turned to face Mino and started to begin his story about the other dream that he didn’t tell his best friend yet.

About his late mother.

“You’re right. I really do have a mother.”

“What?”

“I had a dream about my mother. She died when I was just two months old.”

Mino came closer as he wanted to hear clearly about the content of Seungyoon’s dream.

“My mother died right in front of my own eyes. I was so frustrated that I never believe you. I felt like..”

Later on, he was already in tears and couldn’t continue his words.

Mino brought him into his arms and pat on his back gently.

“Seungyoon-ah, I’m sorry to hear what had happened to your mother. It’s okay, buddy. I’m glad that you’ve already known the truth.”

“But, before this, everyone said that I was an illegitimate child. Every single one of my classmates in primary school said that, even my own best friend.”

Mino was speechless and let Seungyoon cried his heart out on his shoulders.