.seven.

Fate: The First Meeting

Taehyun ran as fast as he could, even though his legs still felt pain from being tied for too long.

He looked back from time to time, being cautious if one of his father’s men was following him.

It was lucky for him to able to escape from the ‘hell’ he was in for last horrifying two days.

While running through the woods, he stumbled over the dead trunks on the ground.

“Ouch!”

When he looked down, blood was squirting out from his right thigh.

It was hurt like hell.

He then leaned against a big tree and gasped for air.

He didn’t know for how long he had been running.

Taehyun felt it was safe for him, but he was wrong.

From the behind, he could hear a movement among the bushes.

“Dammit!”

He tried to run away, but his legs gave in.

There was nowhere he could run with that injured leg, and even if he could, it wouldn't be far enough.

He closed his eyes and prayed that it wasn’t his father’s men.

“Meow!”

A cat suddenly jumped out from nowhere and landed right on Taehyun’s laps.

“Holy sh*t!”

He was so shocked to see a white, fluffy cat resting on his laps.

A cat?

How come a cat could survive in this kind of place?

He felt weird with the sudden appearance of a well-groomed cat in the middle of the woods.

Something is not right.

Then, he saw the cat’s collar.

Ivy.

A moment later, a tall shadow cast over him from the back.

“Here you are, son.”

When Taehyun looked to his back, his vision went all black.

 

*

 

“Dad!”

At the moment he woke up, he was on a bed.

He turned around and realized that he was in a medium-sized room, with luxurious decoration.

Even the bed he sat on was a size of queen.

Who’s room is this?

A few minutes later, someone opened the bedroom’s door.

“Have you sleep well, Taehyun?”

It was his dad.

He went into the room with a glass of milk, and a smile curved on his lips.

“Where am I? I want to go home, now!”

Taehyun’s father walked closer and sat beside him.

“Don’t worry, son. You’re at my house.”

He wanted to his son’s head but Taehyun pushed his hands away.

“I don’t trust you anymore. Now, just take me home to grandma.”

Taehyun was very angry and his hatred had reached its peak.

Before this, he didn’t want to believe that his father was a bad guy, but everything changed since the day he had been kidnapped.

He knew that both his parents had left him alone with his grandma and didn’t ever visit him for once.

Throughout this time, he tried to keep on thinking positively about his parents.

Taehyun tried to be a good kid to them even though they had outcasted him since he was a little boy.

“Nam Taehyun, I never teach you to be rude like this!”

“Yes, you’re right. You failed to teach me because you’re never there in my life. Before this, I’m no one to you.”

His father was speechless.

For Taehyun, he felt satisfied as he had able to let out the pain that he was holding back for a long time.

“About that, I want to..”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Nam. I will not accept that apology.”

Without saying anything, he went out of the room, leaving his father behind – crying.