.twenty-six.

Fate: The First Meeting

“Seungyoon-ah…”

Seungyoon could hear someone was calling his name, but he felt so hard to get up from the bed.

“Wae, Jinwoo hyung? Let me sleep for 5 minutes more…”

Silence.

But suddenly, he could hear a giggle.

At the moment he opened up his eyes, someone was staring at him, only a few inches away from his face.

“Wake up, sleepyhead. Jinwoo hyung had already left.”

“!”

He was so shocked and had pushed the other person away.

“What are you doing, Taehyun?!”

Taehyun who had been pushed down the bed could only laugh.

“Done what, pal? I’m just waking you up. It’s passed 8 already.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up earlier? Now we are late to the café!”

Seungyoon then rushed to the bathroom, leaving Taehyun who was still on the floor.

“Such a joker, aren’t you? I’ve already spent 30 minutes to wake you up!”

Taehyun knocked on the bathroom door once before heading to the kitchen.

10 minutes later, Seungyoon walked out of the bedroom.

“Feeling fresh already?”

Taehyun asked while pouring hot coffee into two cups on the kitchen island.

“What do you like for breakfast? I’ve got cereals, scrambled eggs and some sandwiches.”

He smiled while looking at flustered Seungyoon in front of him.

“Anything will do, as we’ll be late to the café anyway.”

Seungyoon pulled the chair and sat at the dining table without a sound.

What’s wrong with him? Is he still thinking about the earlier incident?

Taehyun thought to himself while carrying the cups to the table.

At the same time, Seungyoon stood up from the chair, unaware of Taehyun who was walking towards him.

“Arrgh!”

The cups fell from Taehyun’s hands and the hot coffee had spilt all over the floor.

“Mianhe! I’m so sorry, Taehyun!”

Seungyoon was flustered when he looked at Taehyun who had been soaked with coffee.

“It’s okay, Seungyoon. You’re not at fault here.”

Taehyun pulled a tissue and tried to wipe the stain on his shirt, but it won’t easily come off.

“Let me.”

Without thinking, Seungyoon took the tissue and helped Taehyun with his shirt.

Suddenly, their eyes met and both of them felt like the time had stopped.

Nothing could be heard, even the traffic down the apartment.

All they could hear was their own heartbeat, beating fast as their hearts would explode at any time.

Seungyoon then recollected his mind and pushed Taehyun away.

“I think you should change your shirt.”

He then walked towards the living room and left stunned Taehyun behind.

“Seungyoon-ah, where are you going? Not having breakfast first?”

Seungyoon walked out from the door, without looking back.

“I’m going to the café.”

 

*

 

At the moment the door was closed, Seungyoon shrieked.

“You’re such a pabo, Seungyoon! What are you even thinking back there?”

He slapped his cheeks repeatedly on both sides.

“Now, what is Taehyun going to think about me? Will he think that I might be into him? Andwae!”

He then hurriedly ran towards the stairs, forgetting that Taehyun lived on the 5th floor.

“. The elevator.”

Seungyoon still couldn’t think straight even when he got into the taxi.

Why am I like this?

Why should I feel nervous?

Why should I run from Taehyun?

Am I……

Arrgh! No way!

No. Freaking. Way!

His mind was wandering as he didn’t realise that the taxi had stopped in front of White Cottage.

“We’re here, boy.”

“Excuse me, ajuhssi?”

“I said, we’ve arrived, son.”

The taxi driver turned to Seungyoon while smiling, waiting for him to get down from the car.

“Mianhe, ajuhssi. I’m too occupied with other things. Here you go.”

Seungyoon then pulled out some money from his wallet and quickly exited the car.

“Kamsahamnida, ajuhssi!”

At the moment he turned towards the café, he could see Jinwoo was busy entertaining the customers at the bar.

How dare he just left me at Taehyun’s place and acted as nothing had happened?

He is the worst cousin ever!

He sighed before made his way into the café, hoping that Jinwoo would not ask him about Taehyun.

Enough of Taehyun for today.