.sixteen.

Fate: The First Meeting

He woke up and instantly stood on his feet when he heard someone was calling his name.

When he looked around, all of the passengers on the flight were sleeping, including his father.

Suddenly, the flight shook as if there was an earthquake.

“Pabo ya! There’s no such an earthquake up in the sky.”

Seungyoon sat back and fastened his seatbelt, even though there was no instruction coming from the speakers.

He was getting himself ready for the worst in case something bad happened.

Who knows if the plane might be hijacked by a terrorist or the pilot suddenly passed out that made the plane lost control.

Sh*t!

Stop from imagining things, Kang Seungyoon!

Right then, a boy passed beside his father in the speed of lightning.

He was shocked but he caught a glimpse of who it might be.

Nam Taehyun?

He got up and tried to run after him but failed.

Taehyun had disappeared at the moment he arrived in front of the cockpit.

It can't be that...

He tried to open the cockpit door and to his surprise, it can be opened that easily.

“I’m sorry, sir. I didn’t mean to…”

When the pilot turned to face him, Seungyoon’s jaw dropped.

He was Taehyun!

Holy sh*t!

Now things are getting worse.

How can Taehyun be the pilot?

Taehyun just smiled at him and turned back to the front, continued to control the plane.

“Hey, how come you’re the…”

Then, a hand grabbed his right shoulder from the behind.

“I’m sorry, sir. You’re not allowed to be in here.”

Seungyoon turned and he could see the co-pilot was standing behind him while holding his hat in his arms.

“You need to go back to your seat, sir. Now.”

Seungyoon took the last look at Taehyun who was busy controlling the plane as if he had been trained to.

“But, he was my friend.”

Seungyoon didn’t know how he could address Taehyun as his friend.

They didn’t ever meet, though.

Except in his dreams.

“I’m sorry, sir. But, you must return to your seat immediately or I had to call the control tower reporting that someone is trying to create hoax in the plane.”

Seungyoon took a few steps back as he didn't want to start any commotion.

At the moment he walked out from the cockpit, the plane went out of control again and he could hear screaming coming from the passengers’ seat.

“Dad!!”

 

*

 

“Seungyoon-ah, wake up.”

He stood up and looked around.

Some of the passengers gave him looks, thinking that he was being silly.

Seungyoon could see that they were busy getting off the plane.

“Where are we? What had happened? Are you okay, dad?”

Seungyoon looked pale and his hands were trembling while checking his father’s face.

“Ya, Kang Seungyoon! What had happened to you?”

His father threw his hands away and took the bags from the compartment above his head.

“Dad, are you okay? I mean, just now there was some kind of turbulence that…”

“Seungyoon, we’ve arrived. We had landed in Seoul. Now, come on.”

His father walked towards the door and exchanged greet with the flight attendants.

“Ya, ppali!”

“Nae, dad!”

He quickly grabbed his backpack and followed his father out from the plane.

At the moment they walked into the arrival hall, Seungyoon came to the realization that he was indeed in Seoul.

And the incident that happened on the plane was just a part of his dream.

What a waste to be worried about nothing.

“Hey, do you fancy going for a coffee before we got back? And, why are you smiling all alone?”

Seungyoon’s father stopped and took a look at him.

“It’s nothing, dad. By the way, your idea is good. Let’s go!”

He dragged his father’s hand and got into his favourite café.

“Slow down, son!”

His father tried to catch up with his pace while struggling with the heavy luggage in his hand.

They then settled down at an empty table beside the counter.

There were only a few customers in Starbucks at that time so they took their time ordering some food and drinks.

“Seungyoon-ah, have you tell Jinwoo that we’re already here?”

His father asked while putting the phone inside his brown leather MCM sling bag.

“Not yet. I think I wanna give him a surprise.”

Seungyoon smirked and sipped his Caramel Macchiato before took a bite of his club sandwich.

“And will Aunty Kim be surprised to see both of us here?”

“What do you mean?”

His father asked while sipping his iced Americano.

“Yeah, we told them beforehand that we’re coming back next week, right? So, I bet she’s the one who will be shocked the most, seemed…”

“What?”

Seungyoon smiled and took a look at the other way.

He didn’t finish up his words on purpose as he was afraid his father might lose it in the crowd.

“Nothing, just forget about it.”

From what it seemed, his father might somehow have feelings towards his aunt.

It could be seen from the way his father looked at her every time they talked to each other.