.twenty-eight.

Fate: The First Meeting

It’s been two days since Taehyun was last seen at the café.

He was nowhere to be found and no one could reach him, including Jinwoo and Seungyoon.

“Yoonie-ah, where is Taehyun?”

Jinwoo kept dialling Taehyun’s number even though he knew no one will answer it.

Seungyoon unlocked his phone and sent a message to Taehyun.

One message. Two messages. Three messages.

No replies.

Seungyoon could see that Jinwoo was becoming panic and restless.

He kept walking back and forth while looking at his phone.

“Yoonie-ah, what if something bad had happened?”

“Like what, hyung? Don’t think too much about it.”

“Yeah, like, what if someone had kidnapped Taehyun and they are getting ready to ask for some ransom money?”

Seungyoon put down his phone on the coffee bar and turned to face Jinwoo.

“Hyung, stop thinking about all those bad things, okay? I’m sure Taehyun is doing just fine, wherever he is.”

Seungyoon tried to keep calm but deep inside, he was worried sick about that friend of him.

Suddenly, he got an idea.

But, he didn’t sure if Jinwoo was going to like it or not.

“Hyung, do you have a spare key?”

Jinwoo turned to face Seungyoon, puzzled.

“What key? We should worry about Taehyun, but all you ask for is key. Wait a minute.”

Is he going to flip at me?

“You mean, the spare key to Taehyun’s apartment? Why didn’t I think about it earlier? Let’s go!”

Jinwoo picked up his car key and walked towards the door, nearly forgetting about Seungyoon.

“Yoonie-ah, palli juseyeo!”

Seungyoon was going to follow suit when Seunghoon appeared.

“What’s up, guys? And, where are you both going?”

“Looking for Taehyun. Could you please look after the café while we’re away? Thank you, Hoonie!”

Seungyoon ran out from the café, leaving flustered Seunghoon alone.

“Heol, they should have told me beforehand. I also want to go and meet Taehyun.”

Seunghoon watched as Jinwoo’s car left the café’s compound before walked back to the kitchen.

*

“We are here.”

After 10 minutes of being in the traffic, they finally reached Taehyun’s apartment.

Jinwoo then parked his car in front of the main building of the apartment.

Both of them got out of the car and walked towards the elevator.

While having his fingers crossed, Seungyoon prayed that he somehow would see Taehyun at his house.

‘Ding, dong!’

They rang the bell, but no one came to get the door.

“Yoonie, I think you should ring it one more time. Maybe Taehyun is sleeping and couldn’t hear us.”

He then rang the bell for the second time, as Jinwoo told him to.

“Hyung, I don’t think he’s here. Why don’t we just go inside?”

“Oops, I totally forgot about it. Mian.”

Jinwoo then put the house key into the door lock and both of them went inside the apartment.

“Why is it so dark in here?”

Seungyoon walked towards the sliding doors before pulled the curtains.

“Jinwoo hyung, look at this mess.”

Both of them looked around the living room that seemed like it hadn’t been cleaned for a few days.

“I think Taehyun wasn’t home for quite a time. From what I know, he’s a clean freak. He’ll never leave his house in a mess.”

Jinwoo picked up the newspaper and magazines that were laying on the floor, arranging them back at their places.

Seungyoon was walking around the living room before he found some papers scattered on a coffee table beside the sofa.

He rummaged through the papers before a handwritten letter caught his attention.

“Jinwoo hyung, I think you should come here and take a look.”

Seungyoon took a seat on the sofa before Jinwoo joined him.

“I think this is Taehyun’s.”

Jinwoo told Seungyoon, referring to the handwriting on the paper.

I wonder, just how close are they? And now, Jinwoo hyung could even recognize his handwriting.

“I’m used to his handwriting as he’s the one who always taking the orders.”

Seungyoon smiled faintly as Jinwoo took the letter from his hand.

“He was writing this for his late grandma.”

Both of them stared at the paper before looked at each other.

Jinwoo then folded the paper and put it into his shirt’s pocket, smiling.

“I think I know where to find him. Let’s go.”

Meanwhile, Seungyoon was still processing the content of that handwritten letter.

“Where are we going, hyung?”

“Hanam. We’re going to Hanam, Yoonie-ah. I will tell you everything on our way there.”

Both of them were in silence while in the elevator.

Little did Jinwoo know, he doesn’t have to tell Seungyoon about everything.

That was because the dreams about Taehyun were still fresh and lingering inside Seungyoon’s mind.

How could I ever forget about it?