.ten.

Fate: The First Meeting

Tears weren’t stopping to fall down from his eyes.

Sad, anger, hatred.

All the feelings that he felt at once.

Taehyun left the house with heavy steps, without looking back.

He couldn’t deny that he really wanted to feel the love of a father and mother.

But, the things that his father had done changed it all.

“But it’s okay. I still got my grandma.”

For him, his grandma was the only one whom he could depend on.

Since the day he had been kidnapped, Taehyun was so worried about her.

“I hope grandma’s doing fine. Grandma-ah, wait for me!”

He was wondering if she missed him and was worrying over him too.

Before this, he never apart from her as wherever she goes, he will tag along.

Taehyun was just concerned about her health, as she is going to turn 75 years old in a few days’ time.

While walking, he sighed and sometimes he tripped over rocks because of his injured leg.

The bleeding had been taken care of by his father while he was still unconscious.

If not, the injuries might be even worse, by looking at his condition right now.

Then, tears rolled down onto the bandage on his thigh.

“Thank you, dad.”

Even though he hated his father, but his good deed had gained a spot in Taehyun’s heart.

He had been well taught by his grandma to be kind to people who had helped them and to pay them back with a good deed.

“Ouch!”

He groaned in pain while trying to stand up on his feet.

“No, I can’t be weak. Grandma needs me. I must go home now.”

Taehyun used all his might to stand up and walked across the streets to get a taxi.

 

*

 

“Grandma, I’m back!”

Taehyun took off his shoes before entered the house.

But, it seemed empty.

There was no sign of his grandma anywhere.

“Grandma, are you here?”

He went into the kitchen, but she wasn’t there.

Then, his instinct told him that something bad might happen when he was away.

No.

NO.

Taehyun tried to brush off the thought and searched for his grandma around the house.

She wasn’t in her room or in the bathroom.

His heart was thumping fast and cold sweat formed on his forehead.

“Don’t worry, my dear self. Grandma is fine and she might be at one of the neighbours’ house.”

He motivated himself with all positive thinking and tried hard to get rid of the negative thoughts that came into his mind.

When he stepped out from the house, he just realized that his grandma’s slippers were still there.

Weird.

She didn’t have any other slippers or shoes except for that.

Taehyun shrugged and headed to his neighbour house.

“Maybe she got a new pair of slippers.”

He arrived in front of Aunty Jung’s house, praying that his grandma was there.

He was about to ring the bell when Aunty Jung’s husband appeared from behind the door.

“Annyeong, Uncle Park. Is my grandma here?”

But, Uncle Park didn’t answer his question and locked the door behind him.

“Taehyun-ah, what had happened to you? Where’ve you been?”

Taehyun was unsure which of the questions need to be answered first.

He could only smile and would like to ask again about his grandma’s whereabout.

But, he forgot about it when Uncle Park informed him with a piece of unexpected news ever in his life.

“Your grandma was gone, Taehyun-ah. I’m going to visit her grave now.”

Those words broke his heart into a million pieces.

No way.

Uncle Park must be kidding.

Then, all went blurry and Taehyun had collapsed into Uncle Park’s arms.