.forty-two.

Fate: The First Meeting

That night, Seungyoon went over to Taehyun’s place for a sleepover.

He had promised himself to take care of Taehyun for the rest of the day.

Besides, he was worried if Taehyun would faint again without having anyone by his side.

Seungyoon then shook his head, as he wanted to get rid of all the negative thoughts.

“Yoonie-ah, are you having a headache?”

Seungyoon opened his eyes to Taehyun who was putting a cup in front of him.

“Sorry for making you spend a night here. These are all that I could get for you.”

On the table, Seungyoon could see two cups of hot chocolate, a bowl of popcorn, and some bags of chips.

They both had agreed to watch some movies together before hitting the sack.

“These are more than enough for both of us, Taehyun. Besides, we had our dinner earlier, didn’t we?”

Taehyun giggled, getting embarrassed at his own silliness.

How could he even forget that he cleared up a big bowl of jajangmyeon, a set of tteokbokki, and some fried chickens?

Kang Taehyun, pabo-ya.

Seungyoon rolled his eyes to Taehyun who was taking a seat beside him.

“Make yourself at home.”

Seungyoon wasn’t listening as he was already immersed in the film while busy chewing on the popcorn.

A few minutes into the film, Seungyoon had to rush to the bathroom.

This might be because of those spicy fried chicken!

As he was washing his hands, he could hear Taehyun’s phone was ringing.

Who could be calling him at this hour?

As he leaned on the door, he could catch bits of the conversation.

“Nae, appa. I will call you back again tomorrow.”

All that Seungyoon could catch were ‘gangsters’, ‘looking for someone' and ‘take a very good care of yourself.’

What the hell are they talking about?

Seungyoon tried to find the connection between those words but failed.

Now, I feel like having a headache for real.

As he walked out of the bathroom, he tried to act normal as if he didn’t eavesdrop on the conversation earlier.

“Why are you taking so long in there?”

Seungyoon smiled faintly before took a seat on the couch.

“Something came up.”

Taehyun made a disgusted look before both of them ended up laughing.

“Aigoo, my stomach hurt so bad from all the laugh. I’ll get us some warm water.”

Taehyun was on his way to the kitchen when a question stopped him.

“Is it the right time for me to hear your story? On why you’re thinking of leaving all of us?”

 

*

 

There you go.

I had told you everything, from A-Z.

Except for the matter of your dad and mine.

Please ask me nothing anymore.

Taehyun sipped on the last drop of water in his glass.

He knew that it was hard for Seungyoon to take in, but he was telling the truth.

He thought that it might be the best way – to tell his boyfriend first before he could hear it from anyone else.

“Are you serious? Like, damn serious about all of these? Jebal. You know how much I hate pranks, right?”

Seungyoon smiled while making his way to the balcony.

“If you’re tired, you can go to bed first. I wanna finish this up.”

Seungyoon then sipped on his drink and threw his view across the city.

At that moment, Taehyun knew that Seungyoon was somewhat sulking and angry at the same time.

He then made his way to the balcony and stood beside Seungyoon.

“Seungyoon-ah, I’m sorry. I did want to tell you much earlier but I didn’t have the courage. I was afraid if…”

The city was full of lights, but why it seems a bit dull and upsetting?

“Afraid of what? Are you afraid if I would somehow flip at you? Or are you afraid to tell me that it was really your intention to leave me from the very beginning?”

Taehyun was speechless at Seungyoon’s words.

Had I been a bad namchin for all this while?

I should have thought about his feelings too.

“No. It was not about that. Jinjja. I was just afraid if…”

Taehyun then sighed deeply before continued.

“I was just afraid if I had to let you go unwillingly. I really didn’t want it to happen. But, at the same time, it was the dead-end for me. It’s the matter of life and death. Your life and death.”

Taehyun deliberately stressed the word ‘your’, hoping that Seungyoon will finally understand.

“But, am I a stranger to you? Am I nothing for you? I’m here, but you’re not willing to share the problem and let me help you?”

Taehyun froze.

He blamed himself for all of these misunderstandings.

His main intention was to keep Seungyoon away from any danger but little did he know, he was keeping Seungyoon away from him, literally.

I’m so sorry, Seungyoon.

I never know that you’ve been keeping this inside for all this while.

Mianhe, Kang Seungyoon.

As tears were forming in his eyes, he pulled Seungyoon into his arms.

Both of them sobbed and cried their hearts out while holding each other tightly.