.thirty-one.

Fate: The First Meeting

Mino was about to follow suit when Jinwoo walked into the café.

He smiled while greeting the customers at the tables.

“Jinwoo hyung!”

As Jinwoo looked to the left, he could see Mino was waving at him, furiously.

“I need to talk to you for a moment.”

Jinwoo was surprised to see Mino at the café early in the morning.

He then face-palmed after remembering that Mino is his new barista.

That friend of Seungyoon was hired after Jinwoo was amazed by his talent in creating new coffee flavours, and had since added two new beverages of Mino’s creation into the menu.

“What’s up?”

He then took a seat beside Mino who was restless.

“Hyung, I want to ask about Seungyoon and Taehyun.”

“Wae?”

“I think, something is not quite right. There’s something that they’re hiding.”

As soon as he heard that, Jinwoo laughed and quickly denied.

“I think there’s nothing. Seungyoon would definitely tell me if there’s anything.”

“Hyung, did you know about his dream?”

“Nae. He did tell me before.”

Jinwoo then took a sip of the latte that was left by Seungyoon earlier.

“But, I do sense something fishy though.”

Mino’s eyes widened and he was interested in hearing more from Jinwoo.

“I think, Seungyoon and Taehyun…”

“Are dating?”

Mino blurted the words out loud and shocked Jinwoo.

“Dating? What on hell?”

Jinwoo nearly choked on himself and looked around, afraid if someone would be eavesdropping on them.

“But, what made you think that they’re dating?”

Mino gave it a thought for a moment before answered Jinwoo’s question.

“I think they might be dating by looking at their body language. You know, hyung? That certain body language and how they behave around each other. Just now, they acted like I wasn’t here and was invisible to others.”

Jinwoo then looked at Mino.

“I would say that too.”

“Yeah, I know that I was right. Spot on!”

Both of them drew closer to each other.

Then it was Mino’s turn to ask Jinwoo for confirmation.

“So, do you think that they’re really boyfriends?”

Both of them took a look at the counter.

Taehyun was seen to be occupied with the coffee machine, while Seungyoon was busy taking orders and entertaining the customers.

“Just wait and see. Let the time tells.”

Jinwoo took a last sip of the already cold latte and fixed his eyes on both Taehyun and Seungyoon.

 

*

 

“Hyung, where should I put this?”

Seungyoon asked Jinwoo who was seen busy handling the cash register.

In his hand, he was holding a whole Red Velvet, probably weighing nearly half a kilo that was freshly baked by Jinwoo’s mom.

She asked for his help to put the cake into the cake display fridge, but there was no space for a new one.

“Let me help you with that.”

Before he could say anything, someone came and took the cake from his hands.

“Red Velvet. My favourite!”

The boy then adjusted the cakes inside the display fridge in order to make some space for the Red Velvet.

“And I think this should be okay.”

He took a few steps back and stood beside Seungyoon.

“There you go. Piece of cake.”

Seungyoon could only nod at the sight of Taehyun who was all smiles.

“Nothing for me?”

Seungyoon was taken aback by the sudden question.

What kind of question is that?

“What do you mean?”

He cleared his throat and distanced himself from Taehyun while staring blankly at the cake display.

“Well, I’ve helped you with the cake. So…”

From the corner of his eyes, he could see Taehyun was leaning closer towards him from the left.

Out of reflexes, Seungyoon quickly shut his eyes and froze at his place.

Suddenly, he could hear someone’s giggling and at the moment he opened his eyes, he could see Taehyun was having his best time, laughing.

“Are you okay, Seungyoon? Do you think I’m gonna…”

Just before Taehyun could finish his sentence, Seungyoon dashed out from the café, while burying his face into his hands.

He could feel that his face turned red as the beetroot.

Damn it!

Not again!

“Yoonie, where are you going?”

Seungyoon could hear Jinwoo was calling for him at the moment he stepped out from the door, but he decided not to turn back.

“Kang Seungyoon! Who’s going to help me with the all of these?”

As he walked out of the café, he couldn't see that Taehyun was looking at him, smiling while mumbling something under his breath.