.twenty.

Fate: The First Meeting

That morning, Seungyoon came over Jinwoo’s house which located just beside of his own house.

His father told him it was Aunty Kim’s idea for them to be neighbours.

Before they bought this house eight years ago, they used to live in Hongdae as his father was working there.

His father eventually agreed to move to Seoul as it only took him about 20 minutes to his office in Hongdae.

And, maybe she didn’t want to be far from dad.

Hehe!

Right when he wanted to ring the bell, someone appeared from behind the door.

“Mind to tell me why you went home just like that?”

Jinwoo leaned against the door and from his expression, he seemed mad.

Seungyoon gulped and rubbed his Adam’s apple.

He didn’t want his cousin to be mad at him just because of last night.

“Okay, I will tell the truth. Actually…”

“Actually you really want to leave me, right? Did you hate seeing me with Taehyun?”

What?

That’s not what I meant, hyung!

“Jinwoo-ah, why don’t you ask Seungyoon to come in?”

Seungyoon could hear Aunty’s Kim voice coming from the kitchen.

“Okay, mom!”

“Did you hear that, hyung? Besides, I’m thirsty.”

Seungyoon flashed his bright smile and made Jinwoo pouted.

He then followed his cousin into the house.

“Hye, Aunty Kim!”

Seungyoon greeted Jinwoo’s mother when he got into the kitchen for a glass of plain water.

“How are you, dear?”

“I’m doing great. Like always.”

Aunty Kim laughed before left both of them to go to the hypermarket as she forgot to buy some vegetables.

After Seungyoon sent Jinwoo's mother at the door, he walked towards the living room to join his cousin.

“Hyung, I want you to hear what I’m going to say.”

Jinwoo was still mad and anger could be seen firing out from those dark brown eyes.

“Actually, I did come back to the restaurant. But, just before I entered the main door, my dad called me.”

Jinwoo then sat beside Seungyoon and he could be seen to calm down a bit.

“So?”

“So, I need to go back home as he wanted to take me to dinner. And he said he had something to discuss over with me.”

“How can I trust you?”

Jinwoo asked while his hands went through his silky brown hair.

“I can prove you with this.”

Out of sudden, Seungyoon planted a kiss on Jinwoo's left cheek and made him flustered.

“Ya, Kang Seungyoonie! What’s that for?!”

When he heard Jinwoo called him Seungyoonie, it meant that he was no longer mad at him.

It still works until today!

Good job, Seungyoonie!

 

*

 

Both of them were watching ‘Running Man’ in Jinwoo’s room.

Seungyoon spent his night over at Jinwoo’s as his father went for a meeting at the outskirt of the town for two days.

Up until now, he hated to be home alone, eventhough in his own house.

If he is at the States now, Mino was the one who will accompany him until the day his father returned back home.

He suddenly missed that best friend of him and reminisced those sweet and bitter times that they had gone through together.

Then, a sudden question from Jinwoo had brought him back to reality.

“How did you know Taehyun’s full name? Have you met him before?”

When Seungyoon turned to his side, Jinwoo’s eyes were still fixed on the TV screen.

He was immersed in watching his favourite ‘Running Man’ member, Jong Kook chasing after Kwangsoo’s nametag.

“To be honest, I never met him before. But, he does look like someone who always appears in my dreams.”

“Dreams? Are you been dreaming about Taehyun?”

Seungyoon shook his head and looked on the ground.

“I’m not really sure if that boy is indeed your friend, Taehyun. But, when I thought about it, he must be the other Nam Taehyun.”

“You mean…”

“Yeah, what I meant is that the boy in my dreams could be one of your friend's doppelgangers.”

Jinwoo then looked at him and drew closer to his cousin’s side.

“Are you sure about that? Because last night, Taehyun had experienced a weird thing.”

Seungyoon’s eyes fixed on his cousin as he was eager to know about the details.

“I don’t have any idea if this thing has to do with you, but he claimed that he saw you got into the restroom at the restaurant.”

“What? Are you serious, hyung?”

“Nae! That’s what he had been telling me. At first, I didn’t want to believe him as he might be wrong, but now I don’t have any idea about that.”

Seungyoon was speechless to hear that from his cousin.

He felt like there was something that he needed to seek the answers for.

Then, he got the idea to ask Jinwoo about Taehyun’s background.

Deep inside, Seungyoon had a feeling that he was indeed Taehyun from his dreams.

“Hyung, when did you meet Taehyun?”

Jinwoo was deep in thought before he turned to face Seungyoon.

“If I’m not mistaken, about three weeks ago? And I met him for the first time at a cemetery.”

“In Hanam?”

“Nae! How did you…”

“He was there because of his late grandma, right? And her name was...Seo Hanam?”

Jinwoo was shocked by how Seungyoon could know the details about that day.

He began to suspect that his cousin had some sort of superpower or he was indeed a vampire or time traveller.

“Holy crap! You must be kidding me, right? I might have forgotten but somehow I think you’re right.”

Great!

Now it might be that boy for sure!

“And you know what hyung? Last time at the States, I went to a tarot card reader place once and she told me that if I had met with the boy, the dreams about him will be gone. And…”

“And…?”

“From the day I got back to Seoul, I never had a dream about him again.”

“Are you serious?”

Seungyoon nodded and he was laughing out of excitement.

“I’m totally serious about that! I’m 100% sure that your friend, Taehyun is the same Taehyun who was in my dreams for all this while!”