.seventeen.

Fate: The First Meeting

Taehyun still couldn’t figure out why Mr. Kim suddenly appeared in front of his door a few nights ago.

Until now, Mr. Kim never told him the reason why he bought a complete set of Korean beef in the middle of the night to his house.

And not to forget he didn’t want to go back to his house and insisted to stay with him for a night.

It couldn’t be that he’s a…

…gay?

“What? Who’s gay? Tell me!”

Taehyun was shocked to see Seunghoon’s face right in front of him, with his big, round eyes looking at him as if he wants to eat him alive.

Damn!

“No…nothing.”

Seunghoon drew closer and took a look around.

“Don’t tell me that you’re gay.”

He then looked at his co-worker from head to toe.

“Do you have any feelings towards me? Oh, Lord!”

Seunghoon wanted to scream but Taehyun’s hand was fast enough to close his mouth.

“Shut up, dude! It’s not what you’re thinking about!”

He then pushed Seunghoon away as he saw Mrs. Kim walked out from the kitchen.

“I know it! You like me, don’t you?”

Seunghoon whispered into Taehyun’s ear and had bought Mrs. Kim attention to them.

“Guys, is there anything wrong?”

Taehyun poked Seunghoon’s waist from behind the counter before both of them shook their heads, indicating that all were under control.

“Okay, then. Keep up with your works.”

She walked away and Taehyun turned to face Seunghoon who was smiling widely from ear to ear.

He felt annoyed and thank God, Mrs. Kim didn’t scold them for being noisy while working.

“I said, I’m not gay!”

Taehyun muttered under his breath as he didn’t want anyone else to hear what they were talking about.

“Hey, come on. If you’re not gay, who is?”

If they are not at the café, Seunghoon would definitely get it from him.

“Ya, Lee Seunghoon!”

Taehyun didn’t manage to scold him when a customer walked into the café.

“Annyeonghaseyo!”

Both of them greeted that man and he could see Seunghoon was still smiling at him and winked.

Oh my Lord! Please help me!

That man who just got into the café headed straight into the kitchen.

Who is he?

A snapback, a pair of sunglasses, a black leather jacket on top of a white shirt, being suited with a pair of black skinny jeans and white sneakers.

Just by looking at the customer’s appearance, he looked loaded.

Maybe he is one of Mrs. Kim’s relatives.

Taehyun's prediction was spot-on when he heard Mrs. Kim's voice from the kitchen.

“Seungyoonie! My nephew!”

Her high-pitched husky voice had startled a couple of people in the café.

Taehyun let out a small laugh and Seunghoon smiled while looking at him.

“You’re cute!”

Seunghoon shot an arrow of cupid love towards him but he dodged away and had made Seunghoon sulked.

Serve you right!

He then glanced at the clock on the wall.

It was 5.15 p.m. and his shift for that day was over.

At last, he could get away from that psycho maniac Seunghoon.

 

*

 

At the moment he arrived in front of his house, a message came in.

Taehyun-ah, you said you want to wait for me! :(

Holy crap!

He totally forgot about that.

Yesterday, he had promised to stay for a while at the café after work as Mr. Kim wanted to take him for a dinner.

“This is all because of Seunghoon! Pabo-ya!”

He paced back and forth for a few minutes before entered the house.

Taehyun was thinking about all the possible reasons to tell Mr. Kim that he couldn’t make it today.

He looked at his watch and it was already 10 minutes past six.

Plus, he was already full.

There was no way he could accompany Mr. Kim to the dinner.

Mr. Kim.

From the first day of work, he was used of calling him as Mr. Kim, even though Mr. Kim had insisted to be called with his name.

Besides, their was not that huge.

“Should I reply to him or not?”

Taehyun stared at his phone in front of him.

“Reply or not? Reply or…”

Then, a new message came in.

I don’t want to force you, but I hope you’ll make it.

He gulped.

At that time, he really didn’t know what to do or how to react.

And, there was no ‘XOXO’ that Mr. Kim always included in all of his messages before this.

“Well, then.”

He picked up his phone and started writing up a message.

A reply to Mr. Kim.

Okay, then. I will try to reach there in time. I’m sorry about earlier.

Sent.

When he reread the message, a sudden chill went through all his body and gave him goosebumps.

“Oh, God. I sounded totally like a gay.”

Taehyun then walked into his room to take a shower.

He got about one more hour before he meets Mr. Kim at 8.

He didn't have any idea where Mr. Kim would take him for the dinner, as he said it was a surprise for him.

He then felt like they’re a couple, a gay couple.

Holy cow!

Never in his thought that he will turn out to be gay.

No hell way!