.twenty-seven.

Fate: The First Meeting

“Ya, Song Minho!”

Seungyoon’s eyes sparkled with joy when he saw Mino walked into the café.

They had promised to meet at Jinwoo’s café as soon as Mino landed at the airport.

For him, it was the happiest day in his life, or the second happiest day after his birthday every year.

Obviously.

At last, his best friend a.k.a his soulmate had returned to Seoul and hopefully, it’s for good.

“Neomu, neomu bogoshipo!”

Seungyoon pulled Mino into a hug and kissed both of his cheeks.

“Yucks, Seungyoon-ah! Don’t kiss me! Ew, germs!”

Mino pushed Seungyoon away and wiped his cheeks.

“You shouldn’t do this in public, okay? Or else...”

“Or else, what? Are you afraid of Minah?”

“Don’t say her name, okay? You’ll make me miss her.”

Seungyoon laughed and took a seat at an empty table beside the coffee bar.

He was pleased after knowing that Mino had made a move towards her, and to their surprise, Minah also had her eyes on Mino for quite some time.

“Mino, annyeonghaseyo! Long-time not seeing you!”

Jinwoo hugged Mino from behind before took a seat with the two of them.

“Sorry, I’ve got something to do in the kitchen just now. So, how’s your family?”

“Everything is good, hyung. And thank God, my mom is doing better than ever.”

Seungyoon then took a glance at his phone.

It was already 10 a.m. but he couldn’t see Taehyun anywhere near.

Is he on leave today?

“Hey, what’s wrong with you, Yoonie?”

Mino realised that his friend was restless and kept looking at the café entrance.

“Nothing. Jinwoo hyung, is Taehyun on leave today?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. Taehyun said that he’s not feeling well and not coming for today.”

Jinwoo reached for Seungyoon’s Caramel Macchiato and sipped it before stood up.

“Yoonie-ah, could you please visit Taehyun for me? I couldn’t make it as my mom asked me to accompany her to a florist today.”

Seungyoon stared blankly at his cousin for a while before nodded.

Seungyoon, are you out of your mind? You’re going to meet that boy after that embarrassing incident?

“I could go with you if you want me to!”

Mino looked at his friend while raising up his hand high.

“Nope, it’s okay. I could manage it alone.”

Gulp.

Seungyoon was saying that out of his own consciousness.

Without saying anything, he stood up and walked out from the café.

 

*

 

“508. 508.”

Okay. I’m here.

He stood in front of the door for a while, contemplating whether to ring the bell or not.

He was not afraid of meeting Taehyun or anything, but the incident that happened between both of them suddenly flashed before his eyes.

Being only a few inches from each other like the other day really made Seungyoon nervous, and only to think about it had given him goosebumps.

Wake up, Kang Seungyoon! Stop imagining things. It’s nothing much.

Seungyoon tried to calm himself down before ringing the bell.

'Ding, dong!'

After a while, there was no sign the door was going to be opened by someone.

'Ding, dong! Ding, dong!'

He kept pressing the bell, having thought that Taehyun was having breakfast or being in the washroom, and didn’t realise someone was at the door.

He took out his iPhone from the back pocket of his jeans and checked the contact list.

“Thank God I managed to ask for his number from Jinwoo hyung.”

After Taehyun’s number was found, Seungyoon quickly called him, hoping for the call to be answered.

“Sorry, the number you’ve dialled can’t be reached at the moment. Please try again later.”

To his disappointment, it was not Taehyun who answered the call, but the operator.

Where the hell did this boy go?

He was about to call him again when he heard some voices.

As he turned to the left, he could see two men were walking out from the elevator.

Seemed like they are walking towards Taehyun’s house.

Seungyoon walked away and avoided making eye contact with any of those men.

He pressed the button for the elevator, pretending to wait while focusing on the details of their conversation.

Who are they?

And what are they doing in front of Tae’s house?

One of the men knocked on the door, breaking the silence.

Once. Twice.

But still, no one came for the door.

“Looks like he’s not here. So, what are we going to do now?”

“We should tell Boss, then. I don’t think we should stay here for too long.”

Seungyoon could see one of the men was looking around, being cautious.

“You’re right. Let’s go.”

Ding!

Seungyoon went straight into the opened elevator and wanted to close the door quickly.

Then, he caught the glimpse of the men taking the stairs, not getting into the same elevator as him.

“Thank God. They look so scary. Are they gangsters?”

He kept asking himself questions that he didn’t have the answer to.

Who are they?

Why are they looking for Taehyun?

And, who is the Boss whom they're referring to?