.forty-three.

Fate: The First Meeting

Seungyoon woke up to the bright light coming from the balcony.

Did we forget to pull the curtain last night?

“Taehyun-ah…”

The moment Seungyoon looked to his side, Taehyun wasn’t there.

That means he had gone to see his father.

And I am all alone now.

As he was making the bed, his eyes landed on a folded paper laying on the bedside table.

It’s a letter from Taehyun.

A love letter in the morning?

Seungyoon then buried his face into his hand, embarrassed by his own thought.

While yawning, he opened up the letter.

Good morning, Yoonie. Sorry for not waking you up as I go out. I just want you to have a little more rest. But worry not, there is plenty of food in the kitchen. Help yourself with the breakfast, arachi? By the way, don’t wait for me as I might be a bit late to the café. Go ahead, and I will give you a call ASAP. Take care, okay? Love you to bits, always and forever.

Does he always been sweet and romantic like this?

As I remembered, this is the very first time I’ve received his love letter.

Taehyun, you better give me a letter every morning starting from tomorrow!

After a refreshing shower, Seungyoon went straight to the kitchen.

His stomach had been growling from the moment he got up.

At the moment he opened the cabinet on top of the stove, his jaw dropped.

There might be about five different types of cereals lining up before his eyes.

Nope, not five. But six!

Choco Rice Puffs, Honey Cornflakes, Oreo Rings, Fruity Frootloops, Koko Krunch, and Banana Wheat Muesli.

Heol, did he stock up for the apocalypse?

And now, which one should I choose?

Aargh, it’s really hard!

Can you imagine living a life that even choosing a cereal for breakfast would take you about half an hour?

Seungyoon was lost in his thoughts while munching on his milk-soaked Oreo Rings.

Suddenly, a faint sound of the doorbell could be heard.

“Taehyun, is that you?”

Seungyoon sipped on the orange juice before hurriedly went to the door.

“Wait a minute! Did you leave something?”

As he opened the door, he could see three men were staring at him.

“Excuse me, but who are you looking for?”

Seungyoon scanned them from head to toe.

Their faces were full of scars and they even get matching tattoos on their necks.

Are they…

…gangsters??

“Oh, sorry. I think you might be at the wrong house.”

At the moment he wanted to close the door, one of the men got hold of the door’s handle.

“Worry not. We’re here on the behalf of the young mister, Nam Taehyun. Are you Kang Seungyoon?”

Seungyoon froze, unable of doing anything.

They’re here for me?

Oh, Lord.

“Kang Seungyoon-sshi, Young Mister Taehyun wanted us to drive you to your working place. White Cottage Café, isn’t it?”

All Seungyoon could do was nodding and signaling them to wait for a while as he was getting his stuff.

Heol, Kang Taehyun.

Now, you provided me with these three scary-looking bodyguards?

How could I stay calm as they looked like they can eat me alive?

 

*

 

As Seungyoon stepped out from the car, he could feel some eyes were on him.

His face turned red, embarrassed from getting the unrequired attention.

How could you not be the center of attention when you came in a Rolls Royce?

Daebak, it will be the best memory of my life ever!

And thanks again to the Young Mister Nam Taehyun.

Seungyoon sighed before braved himself into the café.

He walked heavily towards Jinwoo who was looking at him up and down.

“Are you kidding me, bro? A Rolls Royce? How on earth is that possible?”

Seungyoon didn’t manage to answer Jinwoo’s question as Mino abruptly cut them off.

“Oh gosh. That’s so cool, Yoonie-ah! You’re looking like a chaebol the moment you got out of the car. Wow, Gu Jun Pyo finally came to life!”

“Guys, can you keep your voices down low? People are staring at us.”

Jinwoo and Mino exchanged gaze before shook their head simultaneously.

“Nope. It was not because of us, but it was because of you.”

Jinwoo looked around before whispered into Seungyoon’s ear.

“Where did you get the su…”

Seungyoon then pushed Jinwoo hard to the extent he nearly tripped on his feet.

“Hyung, can you not just assume things? Can you let me explain myself first? And you too, Mino. Let me explain everything, okay?”

Seungyoon made his way into the pantry before Jinwoo and Mino followed suit.

“Okay, guys. Let me be frank with both of you.”

He took in a deep breath before started his story.

“So, that’s it. That’s how I could come in a Rolls Royce this morning. Are you satisfied enough?”

Jinwoo took a look at Mino, as both of them were still trying to digest all the information that came in at the same time.

“I think so…”

Jinwoo pulled a chair and helped himself with a seat, moments before his legs went all wobbly.

“All of these were too much, Yoonie-ah. I feel like my brain is going to burst anytime soon.”

“Sorry for making you guys anxious. Taehyun just told me all of these last night.”

“Last night? You mean, you’ve spent the night at Taehyun’s place?”

Jinwoo asked in awe.

No wonder he couldn’t see that cousin of his anywhere near the house last night.

“And talking about him, is he coming today?”

Seungyoon just shrugged his shoulders, signaling that he didn't have the slightest idea of that.