.eighteen.

Fate: The First Meeting

“Hyung, what are you doing?”

Seungyoon came into the room with a cup of kimchi-flavoured ramen in his hand.

He felt hungry as he didn’t have his dinner yet.

“Hey, no eating in this room!”

The half- Jinwoo pushed Seungyoon out from the room before closed the door behind him.

“Wait outside!”

Seungyoon was shocked when his cousin yelled and he managed to prevent the ramen from spilt over the floor.

“Ya, Jinwoo hyung!”

Years before he got to the States, it was okay with Jinwoo to let him do anything in that room, even for eating.

Maybe he’s turning to an adult now.

Hehe!

He was still laughing when Jinwoo stepped out from the room.

To his surprise, his cousin dressed up in such a chic attire, and smelt good too.

He couldn’t imagine where Jinwoo was going in his plain red fit shirt, black skinny jeans and finished with a black long-sleeves shirt and a pair of white Converse in his right hand.

“Hyung, where the hell are you going?”

“No one wants to go there, Seungyoonie.”

Jinwoo then checked his look in front of the mirror and brushed his hair up.

“Hyung, I’m serious. Besides, it’s already 7.40 p.m. Where are you going actually?”

Seungyoon sometimes felt annoyed with that cousin of him as he rarely answered something seriously.

“Going for dinner with my namja chingu.”

He smiled and went back into his room.

“Can I go with you? I’m kind of bored anyway.”

Seungyoon really hoped that Jinwoo will allow him to tag along, as he didn’t like to be home alone.

Aunty Kim and his father had already gone out together, stating that they wanted to do some grocery shopping for her house.

I know they went for a date, actually.

“Yeah, sure. But first, go and change your clothes. I’m taking you to a 5-stars restaurant. Make sure you dress up properly.”

Jinwoo looked at his watch and his jaws dropped.

“Ya, ppali! We got only 15 minutes to go there!”

Seungyoon dashed towards the bathroom to take a slight shower before changed into clothes that had been approved by his cousin.

“Wait a minute. I just remembered. You said just now that you’re going to see your namja chingu. Am I not hearing wrong? Are you gay??”

“Ya, Kang Seungyoonie! I’m not gay! I’m straight, okay?”

Then, Seungyoon burst into a laugh and had tripped over a small stone before he could get into the car.

“Serve you right! Haha!”

Jinwoo got into the car and started the engine, nearly leaving Seungyoon who was still laughing behind.

 

*

 

Seungyoon could hear his cousin cursed under his breath while looking at his watch.

“Hyung, be cool. I’m sure your boyfriend will not be mad at you for being just 5-minutes late.”

He purposely stressed out the word ‘boyfriend’ to watch his cousin’s reaction.

But, he failed as Jinwoo was already running into the restaurant.

“Ya, Jinwoo hyung! Wait up!”

At the moment he stepped into the restaurant, he could see no one, except for Jinwoo and himself.

Where are the others?

Is this restaurant already close its business for today?

Or, did Jinwoo hyung…

No, it can’t be!

“Omo, he’s already here!”

“Where? I can see nobody.”

Seungyoon tailed behind his cousin and he could see someone was sitting at a table near them.

“Taehyun-ah, mianhe.”

At the moment he heard that name, he became speechless.

Taehyun?

It can’t be that Taehyun.

“Seungyoonie, why are you standing? Have a seat.”

When that stranger turned to the back, the sight had given Seungyoon a shock.

“Nam Taehyun?!”

“You both know each other?”

Jinwoo looked at them, puzzled.

“Do you know me?”

Taehyun asked politely, as it was the first time he ever met that cousin of Jinwoo.

“Hyung, I think I need to get back first.”

Without looking back, Seungyoon ran out of the restaurant.

“Ya, Kang Seungyoonie! Come back here! Where are you going?”

He didn't stop even Jinwoo was calling his name several times.

He kept running and only stopped when a car honked.

Fortunately, he didn’t been hit by that car.

“Ya, be careful! Watch where you are going!”

Seungyoon didn’t give any attention to the driver and kept running again.

He couldn’t figure out why he ran from that boy.

Maybe he was just too shocked and couldn’t accept the fact that Jinwoo’s friend was Taehyun, the boy in his dreams.

But, it could be someone else.

Wait a minute.

He then came to a halt and began thinking.

“It couldn’t be that Taehyun. Maybe he was just a doppelganger.”

He face-palmed after realizing he might be wrong about that friend of Jinwoo.

“Pabo! He might be someone else!”

Seungyoon then regretted leaving Jinwoo as his stomach began to growl.

“Oh damn it! Now I have to go back to them.”

Luckily, he didn’t run too far from the restaurant and turned back, hoping that he could still join them for the dinner.